Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,204 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by SoTxAg
MW13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got home late last night to find my beer on my front porch from Jock. That was a nice surprise after having to drive over about half of Texas and back yesterday.

Some very cool beers none of which I've ever seen let alone been able to try. Not sure these will survive the weekend...

Melvin 2X4
Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn
Odd13 Super Fan

Thanks again Jock!
jetch17
AG
HBDAY BSD
Scriffer
AG
Happy birthday BSD!! Looks like you made it count
La Fours
AG
Yep. I'll be downtown for the release. I'll probably get there around 5:20 or so. I'll go there straight from the office.
SecoKid
AG
quote:
Anyone had this? This might be my favorite everyday beer this summer. Great taste, balanced, and $8 for a bomber.

I've had it and I agree, it is great.
La Fours
AG
Happy birthday BSD!!

Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy birthday,
What wine are you having for your birthday, BSD?
reesei10
quote:
quote:
Anyone had this? This might be my favorite everyday beer this summer. Great taste, balanced, and $8 for a bomber.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/joshuak2008/Mobile%20Uploads/image_17.jpeg

I think I have bought this beer 4 times and will get it again if it is still on the shelf. It is fantastic! Sad that it is a seasonal.

Also Free Tail has a similar beer with cherries and I say it is equivalent to the Ranger Creek.

https://www.freetailbrewing.com/beers/cherry-bexarliner/

Found it at specs in Round Rock.
Represent830
AG
Happy birthday big guy.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think I have bought this beer 4 times and will get it again if it is still on the shelf. It is fantastic! Sad that it is a seasonal.

Also Free Tail has a similar beer with cherries and I say it is equivalent to the Ranger Creek.

https://www.freetailbrewing.com/beers/cherry-bexarliner/

Found it at specs in Round Rock.
Yep, it is just as tasty. I think I like the peach one they made just slightly better, but both are very good.

RC trumps it though because it is only $8 for the bomber.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
D&Q releasing Prairie Birthday Bomb! at 1130 today. Anyone heard about this one?
MathNewman06
AG
Looks like it's Bomb! + caramel
http://tenemu.com/news/prairie-working-on-birthday-bomb/05/2016
jh0400
AG
I'm waiting for BSD to post a bottle of a chardonnay barrel-aged wild ale that was brewed by Vinnie Cilurzo in his garage that predates RRBC and was given out as Christmas gifts to his winemaker buddies in 1996. Call it Temptation Batch Zero.
Hickory High
AG
Karbach just posted on their Instagram that a new batch of BBH hits shelves June 13th. Anyone heard when that new BBH Cherries will be released?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Believe Inspector Spacetime touched on that some pages back.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I'm waiting for BSD to post a bottle of a chardonnay barrel-aged wild ale that was brewed by Vinnie Cilurzo in his garage that predates RRBC and was given out as Christmas gifts to his winemaker buddies in 1996. Call it Temptation Batch Zero.
Actually, I heard he was popping open a bottle of the original batch of Jesus' "Water to Wine" Series.
Two Down
AG
quote:
BBH Cherry is still so TBD I don't know why we even bothered posting about it.

An OG BBH will be coming out second week of June, and we should have another FUN entry with either Roll in the Hay-- Saison from White Wine barrels (mostly Chardonnay, some Viognier) or Jack Daniels barrel Three Legged Lab possibly before BBH Cherry.

It's hard to predict because the FUN beers are aging without a known end point, and you might as well include Cherries of Fire in that statement since it's being done a little different this time. The original Roll in the Hay (FUN 004) ended up taking a little over a year IIRC.

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Karbach hired a QA Manager from New Glarus around a year ago, so we have high hopes for any fruited beers we release in the future.
From p. 933
big-ag
AG
Bought a Birthday Bomb! and a Funkworks Peach Whisky Barrel Aged Tropic King. Should be a nice evening!
62strat
AG
quote:
Vinnie would have been brewing away at Blind Pig brewing co in '96.. doubt he'd have time for homebrewing in the garage!
Post removed:
by user
jh0400
AG
Sofie isn't a sour. The other two should last for a couple of years at least. I had a 2014 Halia a few months back, and it drank well.
txaggie05
AG
Passed the CISSP exam today. Little celebration beer.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Okay, where is everyone getting these Supplications lately?

Congratulations!
BSD
AG
Congrats. That is one of my favorites!
BSD
AG
Thanks, fellas. Yall will probably be disappointed to know that I didn't have a beer today but here is a bit of how it all went down...

(First pic is a bit of a joke involving titty bar humor but I never got a pic of us drinking this bottle in the boat later in the day...at least not one with my kid not in it)

Such an awesome day. Cheers!

Vinnie sends his best...
txaggie05
AG
One I brought it back from RRBC in January
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Got home late last night to find my beer on my front porch from Jock. That was a nice surprise after having to drive over about half of Texas and back yesterday.

Some very cool beers none of which I've ever seen let alone been able to try. Not sure these will survive the weekend...

Melvin 2X4
Pipeworks Ninja vs Unicorn
Odd13 Super Fan

Thanks again Jock!

Absolutely let us know what you think of them when you take them down. Also happy birthday BSD & congrats 05
NoneGiven
AG
So no bruery poterie bba reviews here? You *******s are gonna make me open it now aren't you?
dave99ag
AG
My little guy rolled over for the first time 2 days before he turns two months. Time to open a beer!
MathNewman06
AG
The wife, who doesn't drink and knows nothing about beer other than what she's tolerated of my ramblings about it, decided to give me one beer per day in June until my birthday on Sunday. With the help of the folks at Spec's beer dept., I'd say she's doing alright so far:
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome. Wouldn't mind if my gf had that idea too!

Gonna have to suffice with some Prairie Coffee Okie in the meantime.

dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
The wife, who doesn't drink and knows nothing about beer other than what she's tolerated of my ramblings about it, decided to give me one beer per day in June until my birthday on Sunday. With the help of the folks at Spec's beer dept., I'd say she's doing alright so far:

i liked the new birthday suit a lot more than I expected. I'm partial to raspberry sours anyway, but I really enjoyed it. it's definitely up there for beers I can stroll into the store and just grab off the shelf at my leisure .

my buddy who handles the beer at a shop near me offered to set a birthday bomb aside for me. I'm probably not gonna pass it up, but their prices tend to be on the high side there, on top of prairie also gouging the **** out of stuff like that lately. I wanna say barrel aged bomb was 18 there (though for some reason pirate was only 14, and imo a much better beer). I haven't done my homework on it, is birthday basically just barrel aged bomb tweaked a bit? BAB was great, but I didn't find it so much better than other similar options that I'd feel good about paying that much for it.

on another note finally got to astrolabe. pretty solid offering. I don't have much experience with new republic outside their standard lineup, but I'd like to try more if they've got anything worth while. any recommendations? I mentioned possibly buying warimono on untappd one time in some shape or form and actually got a response from NR saying any bottles avaliable at that time were old and they suggested passing on it as to not get a bad impression. I found that pretty respectable.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So no bruery poterie bba reviews here? You *******s are gonna make me open it now aren't you?

It's a bruery anniversary beer, nothing too special. It's sweet, hot, and mildy smokey/peaty from the barrel treatment.
MathNewman06
AG
quote:

my buddy who handles the beer at a shop near me offered to set a birthday bomb aside for me. I'm probably not gonna pass it up, but their prices tend to be on the high side there, on top of prairie also gouging the **** out of stuff like that lately. I wanna say barrel aged bomb was 18 there (though for some reason pirate was only 14, and imo a much better beer). I haven't done my homework on it, is birthday basically just barrel aged bomb tweaked a bit? BAB was great, but I didn't find it so much better than other similar options that I'd feel good about paying that much for it.

As far as I can tell, birthday bomb is not barrel aged, just a caramel addition or something.
cc10106
quote:
Gonna have to suffice with some Prairie Coffee Okie in the meantime.

I finally tried that a couple weeks back and loved it, especially compared to reg Okie, It's one of the better beer Prairie has released recently. Speaking of, Apple Brandy Noir is coming back soon as well.

First Page Last Page
Page 937 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.