Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,868 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 10 min ago by SoTxAg
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Laughing at Rep's comment
NoneGiven
AG
Picked up a bottle of Poterie today. Should I go back and buy some more to cellar?
dave99ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
This... This beer is the tits. Can't imagine Gin Nocturn being better than this.

I need to get my ass back to Austin and pick those up. I'm jonesing pretty bad now.

I'll be in CS this weekend (for baseball regionals) and hopefully next weekend (for Supers). Don't know if you'll be in town, but I can bring them with me.

You can leave it with me and I'll make sure Scriffer gets it.
La Fours
AG
Any of you seen or heard about the Fizzics Beer dispenser?

http://www.fizzics.com
dixie whiskey
AG
just drank odell prop culture. pretty interesting concept with all the yeast strains. definitely had a tropical fruit thing going on. I think it has a lot more potential with some age on it, as the flavors weren't particularly big or bold at this point, and I can see a bit more funk developing. good beer nonetheless. I'd like to get another to sit on a while, but the price is a little steep.

also had some cuvee des Jacobins, which was priced surprisingly fair on tap at heb. wanna say it was 14 a growler and 8 for the half growler I got. I love the beer, Im just normally turned off by the bottle price at over 20 a 4 pack
62strat
AG
you got 64 oz of cuvee des Jacobins for $14?

yeh they didn't know what they were doing. That's $8 for a goblet at any bar.
MathNewman06
AG
Heb consistently underprices growler fills of high-end beers.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
This... This beer is the tits. Can't imagine Gin Nocturn being better than this.

I need to get my ass back to Austin and pick those up. I'm jonesing pretty bad now.

I'll be in CS this weekend (for baseball regionals) and hopefully next weekend (for Supers). Don't know if you'll be in town, but I can bring them with me.

Dave is good people.
62strat
AG
quote:
On purpose, or because of lack of training?

Seems years ago, as places would start to have craft, there would be those few that wouldn't train properly.

There was a place on 249/1960 by the hospital that had a $3 beer happy hour.. We somehow found out that the bottle of Affligem tripel in their fridge was fair game according to the bud light pouring bartenders. $3... For an $8+ retail bottle. Week after week a buddy and I would go there and split 3 or 4 of those.
Finally one day, bartender says, oh yeh the manager told us those aren't on the happy hour!

At brickhouse tavern, I remember getting huge 22 oz glasses of 10%abv stuff for like $6, same price as all the other craft. So many other places were guilty of pouring high abv stuff in pints or even 22oz, places like BW3s. I think most of them have caught on now.

When we first started going about 3 years ago, mellow mushroom had $3 CO beers (like 45 of 50 taps) for happy hour, and they always had Avery Reverend Quad, a 12oz pour. Plus, AHA member got buy one get one free first round. Wife and I both are members, so we'd get 4 beers for $6, and I'd always start with the reverend, then get an elevation or epic rotator.. a solid biweekly visit for a year. One time, they had RR Supplication on tap. Totally unadvertised, I just happen to ask what the empty tap handle was.. he said Russian river something? I said, uhh, can you ask your manager? Not $3 for RR, but still BOGO, and my wife only had 1 beer that day (with convincing from me), so I I paid like $7 for a pour and her beer, then $7 for two more pours!

They finally said 'no high ABV or rotators on happy hour'. Now it's only $1 off CO beers.

It totally spoiled us.. you get used to paying $6 for 4 craft pints pretty damn quick. That's cheaper than retail price.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Shoot me an email when you get a chance... jacobbocce72 at gmail dot com

If DallasAggie can't make it down, I can leave them with you.
MathNewman06
AG
quote:
quote:
On purpose, or because of lack of training?

I can't say for sure. I heard a Saint Arnold rep comment on the low price when they had bishops barrel 7 last weekend. They're pricing the beers individually, and certainly they know what they paid for the keg, so I don't think it's just ignorance. My guess would be that they're just trying to get more customers in the door and to the beer/wine aisles.
jrweinberger
My friend has one--kind of a cool toy. Definitely improves the mouthfeel of most beers. Some of the stouts we've put through it have certainly become better. We put an Off Color Brewing "Dino S'mores" through it a few weeks ago--took that particular beer to another level for sure. It can't completely save a bad beer but it seems that most beers benefit from it (at least a little bit).
DallasAggie2012
AG
Awesome. That would be excellent. It's not looking great at the moment for this weekend as house renovations are pretty much consuming me whole right now at every spare moment. I'm aiming to get things closer to done so I can get down for next weekend hopefully.
BSD
AG
I'll be another year older tomorrow so I thought I'd throw down a batch 8 Supplication (11/14/2011 bottling).

maca1028
Happy Birthday homey!
Represent830
AG
Happy birthday. Enjoy that deliciousness.
Represent830
AG
Has anyone heard when Wicked Weed should start hitting shelves? I looked at the four they were putting out and am really excited to try them.
turfman80
AG
I don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I love hops.... This one is right in my wheelhouse.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Happy birthday, BSD!
La Fours
AG
BSD and my son share he same birthday! Happy early birthday, bro. But today is my daughyer's birthday. So we just ate dinner at Taco Casa, her choice, and now eating Spoons Yogurt. When I get home I'll open the growler of Brash Fancy Sauce.
jah003
S
Going all zfg and drinking some beers tonight in BSD's honor... Only 2 days left of work till summer.

This beer is damn good...
Chipotlemonger
AG
Doing another beer trip this summer to the Midwest?
jah003
S
quote:
Doing another beer trip this summer to the Midwest?

Not this year... Going to New Mexico in June for a family vacation and Florida in July for my brothers Air Force graduation. Planning to bring back copious amounts of La Cumbre and Cigar City.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jubel is pretty solid. Glad I have another to sit on for a while.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Found a bomber of Yellow Rose last week, about to pop it open.

Is it too old?
La Fours
AG
Probably.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Probably.

turfman80
AG
quote:
Probably.
D, you going to be at Blackwater Bryan location Friday at 6?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Happy early birthday! How's it drinking from that year? Got a 2013 that's just chilling right now.
Represent830
AG
Anyone had this? This might be my favorite everyday beer this summer. Great taste, balanced, and $8 for a bomber.

Jock 07
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG

May I join the party?

Edit: Rep, I've only ever had a couple Berliner Weisses. I'll try and find that one to try out.
Hub05
AG
I got one of those dry hopped berliners in the March madness BIF and I thought it was excellent
Represent830
AG
A couple? It's one of my favorite styles. Let me know if you can't find it.
Hickory High
AG
Yellow Rose
First Page Last Page
Page 936 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.