Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,804 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Jock 07
jh0400
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cool. Let me know what you want in return.
jah003
S
This... This beer is the tits. Can't imagine Gin Nocturn being better than this.

La Fours
AG
I can never remember where you live. Are you in Austin?
jh0400
AG
Houston.
Hudson2508
AG
Found some Waldo's today hiding on the shelf...very tasty.

BSD
AG
maca1028
What style is Hells Cellar?
cc10106
Chipotlemonger
AG
Keeping it simple tonight. Just some Dos Equis and a Lakewood Vienna Lager, a hit or miss malty lager beer for most that I know.
jh0400
AG
Hibiscus Saison
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

Today we give thanks and appreciation to all who have served and allowed us to live free.....and wait in the pouring rain for a blackberry beer. Your spirit and courage inspire us each day, even more today while we wait for a beer aged in a barrel that held a spirit no one cares for.

Meanwhile, I'm still in my pajamas, unshowered, elbow deep in French toast, and putting down the last third of the Brandy Barrel Framinghammer I opened last night.

But seriously, thank you to all the active duty men and women and veterans for your service.

Remembering.... Active military?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Hibiscus Saison
La Fours
AG
Wine barrel aged wild ale with hibiscus.
big-ag
AG
Agreed. So tasty.

Almost felt guilty when a buddy and I were swigging it straight from the bottle while playing horse in the backyard with the kids.

Improper as all get out, but who cares?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Think I'll have to pop one of mine soon, been meaning to still try it.

Is Memorial Day the final end to the winter beers? After spending so much time outside for the warm weekend, it feels like a de facto stop to being able to enjoy certain beers as much. At least until the late fall.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
This... This beer is the tits. Can't imagine Gin Nocturn being better than this.

I need to get my ass back to Austin and pick those up. I'm jonesing pretty bad now.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Wow...

Hickory High
AG
quote:
Wow...

Glad I didn't end up going. It was a coin flip when I woke up early yesterday morning. My buddies got there at like 8 and didn't get a bottle.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
My buddies got there at like 8 and didn't get a bottle.

I'm sorry, but that's just ridiculous.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I think they lied to you about what time they got there then. The consensus was that the cutoff for people getting a wristband was around 10:30 (still insane), but they didn't even open the parking lot until 8. They even opened early once they handed out all the wristbands around 11.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I think they lied to you about what time they got there then. The consensus was that the cutoff for people getting a wristband was around 10:30 (still insane), but they didn't even open the parking lot until 8. They even opened early once they handed out all the wristbands around 11.

The plot thickens.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
You might be right. Their concept of time is very relative.
jah003
S
#truth

I heard people were still getting bottles who showed up at 11.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

I need to get my ass back to Austin and pick those up. I'm jonesing pretty bad now.

I'll be in CS this weekend (for baseball regionals) and hopefully next weekend (for Supers). Don't know if you'll be in town, but I can bring them with me.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I may have to find a way to tag onto this soon as I have slacked like Scriffer in getting bottles from you. Let me figure out if I can get down this weekend, because I would love to get down there for the regional.
jah003
S
quote:
I may have to find a way to tag onto this soon as I have slacked like Scriffer in getting bottles from you. Let me figure out if I can get down this weekend, because I would love to get down there for the regional.

Just let me know before Friday and I can bring your bottles down if you want.
Represent830
AG
When is the regional?
AgEng06
AG
This Fri-Sun (6/3-6/5) (Mon if necessary)
Represent830
AG
I want to try and make it. Or the super? Could all do a bottle share.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow...

Glad I didn't end up going. It was a coin flip when I woke up early yesterday morning. My buddies got there at like 8 and didn't get a bottle.
Your buddies lied to you because they know you'll show up to the bottle share and not bringing anything.
AgEng06
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Relative to what?
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Just let me know before Friday and I can bring your bottles down if you want.

I won't be able to get down, but if DallasAggie doesn't mind schlepping a couple bottles back, I'd appreciate it.
zephyrtexan
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Relative to what?

Knowing these guys, relative to anything ever.

Honestly, I'm surprised they made it to the event on the correct day.
Chipotlemonger
First Page Last Page
Page 935 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.