Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,686 Views | 62658 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Kyle98
Hudson2508
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good beer night....

Chipotlemonger
AG
Bravo
Hudson2508
AG
Fantome Del Rey is excellent by the way. Need to go grab a few more bottles when it hits distribution.

Nocturn might be my favorite beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Fantome Del Rey is excellent by the way. Need to go grab a few more bottles when it hits distribution.

Nocturn might be my favorite beer.

I had no clue what Nocturn was when I first had a bottle, it was part of a family gift and I was newer to craft beer. I was blown away. I'd have to have it again, but it's at least top 5, probably top 3, for me.

Does JK keep a steady supply of Fantome Del Rey, or am I mistaken?
Hudson2508
AG
Not a steady supply but they produced I think 6000 bottles. Expecting to see it distributed around Austin at the very least.
La Fours
AG
Beer related because it's the Milwaukee Brewers!! Funniest thing I've seen on the interwebs in a while.

http://deadspin.com/brett-phillipss-laugh-remains-the-best-thing-in-basebal-1762435139
maca1028
That's pretty funny, he looked like he was going to pass out.
NColoradoAG
One of my favorites

https://instagr.am/p/BFcjSkGR-PO
DallasAggie2012
AG
Cross posting from the baseball game thread I see??

Hill Farmstead is fantastic enough for it though!
dixie whiskey
AG
I honestly have no clue, what would it take beer wise to aquire a jk fantome? there's no chance of me making it to Austin anytime soon, so I'm curious if its something I'd be able to trade for
NColoradoAG
quote:

I was pretty buzzed after hanging with Represent830 and posted in the wrong thread. Lol
cc10106
It depends on the trader, but with a 9k bottle count, no limit currently, and Tx distro likely coming, you shouldn't have trouble tracking it down. I would steer clear of anyone asking for more than $4$ or something brewery-only with a small limit.
maca1028
We are going to San Antonio next weekend and I've been contemplating making a side trip to jk on the way back home, is fantome worth it?
Hudson2508
AG
Dixie, I'll try to grab you a couple when it hits distribution. I'll do $4$ on something like a Brash crowler or something I can't get here.

Maca, I loved it but not sure it's worth the trip for that beer alone. It might even get Houston and Dallas distribution. They do still have Boxer's Revenge available as well though.
maca1028
I might go anyway just because I haven't been in a while.
Speaking of SA, are there any good beer bars on or near the riverwalk?
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

I was pretty buzzed after hanging with Represent830 and posted in the wrong thread. Lol

I tend to have that effect on people.

Honestly though, if anyone is ever in Colorado, try and make your way up to Weldwerks. They are doing some great things up there and NColoradoAg was the consummate host. Great dude and can't wait to hopefully share some beers again in the fall when football rolls around.
army01
AG
Weldwerks is a good ways from Littleton, right? I'm looking at a job there now, but no clue where we would live if it were to happen.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Totally acceptable excuse! Sounds like a legit time. Can't wait to get back up to Colorado soon. Need some of that Weldwerks in my life!
NColoradoAG
quote:
Weldwerks is a good ways from Littleton, right? I'm looking at a job there now, but no clue where we would live if it were to happen.

About 75 minutes in normal traffic.
62strat
AG
I worked in Greeley on and off for 1.5 years, commuting from Parker (only got to meet up with NOCo just once)... The only reason I continued to do it and not go crazy was:

Company paid vehicle, fuel, and tolls, so I took E470, to 76, to kersey rd to Greeley. It took 75 minutes, very consistently.
I didn't work 8-5.. I kind of came and went as I wanted, and for the most part it dwindled down to just 2 days a week for meetings, and I worked from home the other days. (The first 5 months I was driving up to New Raymer everyday..)
Also, for some time I was hourly during that, and I was on the clock on the road.

Then we got an additional office in Commerce City which became my permanent office.

I would not even consider doing that if it was permanent, my vehicle, and 8-5. That is a lot of time and miles on the road.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time up there though. I ended up staying up there every monday night for ~8 months for the 6am, sometimes 5 am tuesday meeting, and got to hit up the breweries around the area (loveland ale works, grimm brothers, crab tree) and hit up Patricks and the pour house many times.. company paid, all while racking up marriott points.
Hub05
AG
Enjoyed this over the weekend. Thanks to Hudson!

Scriffer
AG
Hub, your box is packed and will go out this week. I swear I'm not a bum.
SecoKid
AG
quote:

Probably not going to find much on the Riverwalk proper, but venture out a mile or 2 and your options get alot better. Check out Big Hops The bridge, GS 1221, and the Friendly Spot for good tap selections. Freetail tap room, Alamo Brewery, and Southerleigh are near downtown as well.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:

Probably not going to find much on the Riverwalk proper, but venture out a mile or 2 and your options get alot better. Check out Big Hops The bridge, GS 1221, and the Friendly Spot for good tap selections. Freetail tap room, Alamo Brewery, and Southerleigh are near downtown as well.

Seconded. Get away from the river walk if you can. If you we could try to meet up and grab a brew.

JK would be worth going to. It's a pretty drive and good outdoor area with a great pizza place. That and make a road trip out of it for some good BBQ too.
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
Dixie, I'll try to grab you a couple when it hits distribution. I'll do $4$ on something like a Brash crowler or something I can't get here.

Maca, I loved it but not sure it's worth the trip for that beer alone. It might even get Houston and Dallas distribution. They do still have Boxer's Revenge available as well though.

I appreciate the offer. I actually had a friend in Austin stop by there today even though it's not technically a day they're open but they sold him some anyway. either way, I can get you some brash stuff next time the heb I go to has it available, which is pretty often. I swing by there pretty often so it's no trouble
jah003
S
quote:

There is really nothing beer wise on the river walk...

The Pearl area is kinda cool and has some decent options... Just hipster as crap.

Go check out Ocho if you need something for dinner on the Riverwalk. Their mixed drinks are amazing as well.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Picked up a Parabola at Bunker Hill today, so keep an eye out Houston folks.

Hopefully I can drink my fill whenever Petrol gets it on tap
MW13
AG
How much did they have?

Nevermind heard they were already out.
maca1028
Thanks for the recs guys!

I've made that drive from San Antonio up 281 then we cut across on some hill country road past Blanco over to 290, it was nice.
maca1028
And speaking of JK...
https://instagr.am/p/BFe8JTwMLxj

Refermenting raspberries and cherries for a special project.
Chipotlemonger
AG
<heavy breathing>
Hudson2508
AG
Atrial and MvB mixed.....people are probably already lining up.
jah003
S
Looks like the location on the picture was in Denmark... May want to slow your roll.
maca1028
Where do u see that?
jah003
S
First Page Last Page
Page 922 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.