Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,461 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by swampstander
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone think JK will put out another Foudreweizen this spring or summer for these warmer months?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Anyone think JK will put out another Foudreweizen this spring or summer for these warmer months?

Still haven't drank mine. Batch #1 brewed in March of '15
Hudson2508
AG
I'd drink that bad boy. Not sure it would age well. That bottle drinks amazing fresh.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Drink it
Hickory High
AG
Is it too late already though?
Hudson2508
AG

Wow. Go Spurs Go.
jah003
S
quote:
Is it too late already though?

To drink beer...? Are you 75?

Oh, you mean the beer... Yep, it's trash. Send it to me and I'll dispose of it.
Hudson2508
AG
Drink it tonight, it will still taste great.
Chipotlemonger
AG
The only thing worse than not having access to good beer, is not drinking good beer when you have it.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
The only thing worse than not having access to good beer, is not drinking good beer when you have it.

You're absolutely right.

Batch 3. January 2015
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Got lucky that the HEB right by my office tweeted that they got Parabola right as I was leaving for lunch. Never tried it so really pumped I got one.

Austin did not get very much at all. 6 bottles to most HEBs.

Parabola and the anniversaries are by far my favorite Proprietors vintage series offerings.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Thanks Bmac!

https://instagr.am/p/BFFZq97R-EE

Need more foudreweizen in my life. Hopefully I stumble upon some when I'm down there in July
Jock 07
AG
Kind of crazy tonight, snagged the last 4 pack of ninja vs unicorn while consecrations are just hanging out on the shelf.
dixie whiskey
AG

this beer is pretty fantastic. belgian style brown ale with cocoa and mandarin. picked up the ovila box set today for $25, had this, a saison brewed with sage, and a quad with cherry. pretty excited to try the other two. sierra nevada continues to impress after all thsee years. the old faithful of the craft world.

this one was decent but not overly impressive. can't think of a beer off the top of my head that actually pulled off legit peanut butter flavor, this being no exception. a bit of a disappointment after reading lots of positive reviews. not bad but doesn't meet expectations and doesn't have much in the way of peanut butter. would have preferred they just kept boomstick over this

put a dent in my growlers of live oak berliner and clown shoes barista, both of which were quite good. all in all a pretty solid night of beer
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Best one I've had was by Terrapin Brewing called Liquid Bliss. Loved that beer. Bought some in Lake Charles. Contacted the brewery and they have no plans to distribute in Texas sadly. They're out of Georgia.

Quick question: what's the Lagunitas beer that has Censored on it and is that because of TABC being idiots like the Salt Lick beer from Jester King?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Quick question: what's the Lagunitas beer that has Censored on it and is that because of TABC being idiots like the Salt Lick beer from Jester King?
The Kronik. No, it's not a TABC thing. They said at their tour that BATF made them do it. The censored label shrinks just a bit every year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I was about to reply and suggest the exact same beer. Terrapin Liquid Bliss is the best peanut butter chocolate beer I have had as well.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I was about to reply and suggest the exact same beer. Terrapin Liquid Bliss is the best peanut butter chocolate beer I have had as well.
Got about 4 or 5 of those in my fridge right now. Sooooooooooooo good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:

That beer is the reason I keep getting Peanut Butter Chocolate beers. I'm hoping to find one that is at least close. Had Turtle Murder the other night from Buffalo Bayou but I didn't think the peanut butter meshed well with a scotch ale at all.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Is Braindead Brewing worth a visit? Heading down to deep ellum for the Sturgill Simpson concert tonight and haven't been there.
MW13
AG
I'll be there too! Can't wait.
big-ag
AG
Their house beers are ok but they have some good guest taps.

Go for the brisket tacos. They rock.
NColoradoAG
Duclaw Sweet Baby Jesus is also a tasty peanut butter beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Definitely worth a visit
fav13andac1)c
AG
Average beer, spectacular view.

zephyrtexan
AG
quote:
Average beer, spectacular view.

<pic>

Now that's how you drink a beer.
BSD
AG
True baller.
Jock 07
AG
In celebration of Kyles No-No today

dlp3719
AG
quote:

Wow. Go Spurs Go.

What's that on top of your bottle?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not sure what brand that one is, but Hudson will clear that up. It's a device to open a beer/pour some without de carbonating all of it.

Coravin is a wine style that pulls wine out without messing up the gas space in the bottle and oxidizing the wine.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Not sure what brand that one is, but Hudson will clear that up. It's a device to open a beer/pour some without de carbonating all of it.

Coravin is a wine style that pulls wine out without messing up the gas space in the bottle and oxidizing the wine.
I need to find one of those as well, I typically just use a wine stopper which is fine as long as I drink the rest the next day.
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah, exactly what Chipotle said. I love it because it saves bottles for next day drinking and the carb is almost as good as the bottle when opened new.

I should have saved the 2nd half of the bottle in the pic for today because I'm feeling that 14% ABV today.
txaggie05
AG
Been in Denver the past couple days. Hit Joyride and Spangalang. Think I preferred Joyride.

Spent the early part of my day at Hops & Pie. Worked through a good portion of this:

jh0400
AG
When you wake up tomorrow hungover, the biscuits and three gravies at Sassafrass is one of the best breakfasts/brunches I've ever had.
First Page Last Page
Page 917 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.