Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,511 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by jah003
big-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Not bad! If you don't like watermelon, don't get this.
Ergh....I am ok with watermelon, but I could barely get through a 3 oz sample of this one. Waitress said it was definitely a divisive one. People either loved it or hated it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Can't say I was a fan either. To be honest though I never think Watermelon flavored things taste like actual watermelon. They taste like things that somebody is trying to make taste like watermelon. As a result, love watermelon but hate watermelon flavored things.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Anyone ever been out to Blue Owl? Pondering a visit there on Saturday after a Friday night at JK.
I have. It is a pretty small venue, but worth a visit if you like their beers. Added bonus, it is walking distance to Hops&Grain and Zilker.
turfman80
AG
A shout-out to LaFours who gave me a heads up that this had hit town!

La Fours
AG
Now I just need to go by and get some for myself.
maca1028

I like this one better than the cognac.
Hickory High
AG
Ugh forgot to get some in College Station today. Better still be there tomorrow.
BSD
AG
Looks like RRBC is opening another location up in Windsor.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/5583420-181/russian-river-brewing-co-near?artslide=0
maca1028
quote:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/business/5583420-181/russian-river-brewing-co-near?artslide=0

Still doesn't help me.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Finally had some time to upload a few images after unpacking from our recent Napa/San Fran trip. We took a group of 10 Aggies up there and were able to hit Russian River and Sante Adairus laong the way. Russian River was amazing and we were lucky enough to snag a bottle of the Batch 5 (10/09 bottling) Temptation to share, which was drinking absolutely incredible right now.

I was also fortunate enough to execute a couple trades up there for a few goodies along with grabbing a couple extra bottles from some shops. The highlights are definitely the 2 Rare Barrels, SARA Cellarman, and Logsdon Peche n Brett. Oh yeah, one of the traders also gave me a Batch 1 (2009) Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze as an extra. Who even does that?! Just absolutely incredible and something I cannot wait to try out. Needless to say, it was an excellent trip, and we need to have a Beer Thread share in the near future so I can bring a couple of these bottles to share with you guys.
Represent830
AG
Weekend of July 8th in DFW!
Hickory High
AG
I leave the country July 10th and don't return until August 20th. Other than that, I say we do it any other time in Austin.
Chipotlemonger
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BFEXZqBML77

JK release of 'their Texas ode to Fantome Del Rey' being released today.
NColoradoAG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/BFEXZqBML77

JK release of 'their Texas ode to Fantome Del Rey' being released today.
Sending up the bat signal on this one, jacob
DallasAggie2012
AG
Luckily this one is 9000 bottles and will see distribution, so hopefully us Dallas folk can snag a couple bottles up here. It does sound like a pretty fantastic combination of ingredients used to make this blend.
big-ag
AG
I'll be there today. Sweet!
BSD
AG
My Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels arrived. Now I just need the Port barrel aged DL and I'm done shopping for a while. And I need to open some older bottles up.

Hickory High
AG
How many of my future children do I need to offer as a sacrifice in order for someone to snag me one?
jetch17
AG
quote:
My Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels arrived. Now I just need the Port barrel aged DL and I'm done shopping for a while. And I need to open some older bottles up.

La Fours
AG
Daaaaaaaamn
BSD
AG
damn, almost forgot...metal as f*(k.

or as metal as you can get when buying a beer aged in Sauternes barrels (fancy french sh*t)
jetch17
AG
Sliding over to Karbach for some patio beers if anyone's interested

Spacetime, you around today?
Hudson2508
AG
Got lucky that the HEB right by my office tweeted that they got Parabola right as I was leaving for lunch. Never tried it so really pumped I got one.

Austin did not get very much at all. 6 bottles to most HEBs.
BSD
AG
speaking of 3 Floyds, they have a sweet axe bottle opener on their website.

http://shop.3floyds.com/products/axe-bottle-opener

jah003
S
Doing Mother's Day in CS this weekend, but I got ya next weekend. I'll just shoot you the bottles to go list next weekend and you can let me know what you want.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Doing Mother's Day in CS this weekend, but I got ya next weekend. I'll just shoot you the bottles to go list next weekend and you can let me know what you want.

Good man
Hickory High
AG
Finally was able to go to specs and found out that they sold out of all of that Lagunitas in a few hours yesterday. That never happens here.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Managed to grab a Parabola from my HEB as well. Also looking forward to trying it for the first time.
maca1028
Nice
62strat
AG
quote:

So with rough and dirty math, the article says 16K barrels a year.. Let's say half is bottled, half kegged

Bottles: 8000*31*128 oz. / 12oz per bottle = roughly $2.6m bottles, at average wholesale price of say $5, that is $13m..
Keg: 8000*31/5 is ~50K 5 gal kegs, at $80 a piece wholesale, another $4m

So maybe $16m+? Man that seems like a lot of revenue for such a small brewery. About $1000/barrel of beer, or $32 a gal. or $.25/oz (blended bottle/keg)

Have no idea their margins though.. lots of factors for a brewery like that with all the barrel aging and intricate beers.

very quick math, maybe there's a mistake.

OK, well carry on.
jah003
S
If you live in Austin and have a pulse you'd be dumb not to come out to Oasis Brewery. Come for the decent beer... Stay for the views.

big-ag
AG
Drinking a Fantom at Jester King right now. Tasty and complex.

Hipster count very low
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Drinking a Fantom at Jester King right now. Tasty and complex.

Hipster count very low

When they wait to announce until the day of, the Hipsters and Mules can't get their groups or trip together.
AgEng06
AG
For any of you guys way up north in Austin, the Leander HEB has both Abyss variants. You have to ask for them (lady's name is Kristina).
NColoradoAG
Thanks Bmac!

https://instagr.am/p/BFFZq97R-EE
First Page Last Page
Page 916 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.