Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,766 Views | 62616 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by Quincey P. Morris
AgEng06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any chance that's the BA Ten Fidy?
Jack Thauer
AG
Unfortunately not.
Jack Thauer
AG
Shoot me an email.

thauer (underscore) 24 at hotmail
Jack Thauer
AG
Started a separate thread as to not derail this awesome thread by cluttering it up. Everything is xposted there!
army01
AG
quote:
HOk guys, here it is. Nothing really special, but just trying to get as much of my cost back out of it as possible.

Please note that pricing is just my cost from memory. Please correct me if something is out of wack, I assure you it isn't intentional!

Didn't realize that I was so concentrated with the few that I really like (I have a ton of the first 4 listed). Planned to cellar them and consume over the next few years but doesn't look like that plan is an option.

SEVERAL of the following four:
BCBS '15 ($12)
BBHV ($15)
BBHC ($15)
Ten Fidy 4packs ($15)

Prairie Noir ($12) x2
Prairie Bomb! ($6) x2
Karbach FUN 012 Trigave ($15)
Karbach FUN 013 Kentucky Habit ($15)
Clownshoes Fistful of Unidragon ($14)
Avery Uncle Jacobs Stout ($12)

Located in College Station
I'd take a BBHV. Will be in CS in 2 weeks for graduation. Could meet up on May 11.
Represent830
AG
I'll take the other Noir since Sciffer is being so nice.
Jack Thauer
AG
Got it.

Can you shoot me an email?

Thauer (underscore) 24 at hotmail
dixie whiskey
AG
Tonight, Im drinking hamajang. jolly pumpkin, mikkeler, evil twin, leelanau. I don't know how much weight there is to the feud between the mikkeler/evil twin, well, twins, but I generally believe it to a certain extent. so it's a bit amusing that jolly pumpkin blended their collaborations with the respective twins' brewery in making this, by all accounts against their wills.

as for the beer, I approve. very, very drinkable sour ale, and I really like the way the strawberry comes through. not so sour that it makes you pucker, but the tartness is very much there, surprisingly pleasant. I, like most of you probably, love fruit sours, but so many can be unbalanced or off. this one hits the mark, imo.

while on jolly pumpkin, how is their biere de mars that just hit texas. a friend of mine tried it and wasn't impressed, but the few reviews I've seen seem to be positive. I like quite a few jp beers, but maracaibo especial and fuego del otono are probably my favorites, followed closely by luciernaga. most of their others I've tried were good, but don't stand out quite like those 3 (not counting hamajang bc collaboration)
Represent830
AG
quote:
Got it.

Can you shoot me an email?

Thauer (underscore) at hotmail
Hey man, I sent it to Thauer_@ hotmail dot com... but it came back to me.
Jack Thauer
AG
I'm an idiot. Sorry for the typo

Thauer (underscore) 24 at hotmail
DonaldFDraper
AG
Any recommendations for a good spot in Atlanta for beer / food?
DallasAggie2012
AG
Brickstore Pub is an awesome place to drink, but we didn't eat there even though their food looked good.

General Muir was an awesome burger with a basic but good beer selection.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Any recommendations for a good spot in Atlanta for beer / food?
The porter bar was pretty legit when I was there a few years ago
MW13
AG
Hub, you still going to be around DFW soon? I sent you email but don't know if I misspelled something or not.
Hub05
AG
I got your email and responded. Let me try again with my gmail account.
Represent830
AG
Colorado guys,

I will be in Denver from May 13th though May 16th doing nothing but hiking, watching baseball, and of course, drinking lots of beer. Right now my main ones to hit up are Crooked Stave, TRVE, Black Project, Comrade, and maybe Copper Kettle. Plan to go to Euclid Hall and Falling Rock as well. Am I missing anything? Would love to come to Weldwerks and I might be able to swing that on my way back from hiking RMNP.

Where would be the best place to stay? Some cheap AirBNBs are downtown next to Coors and the beer area. Trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

TIA
Chipotlemonger
AG
For keeping the price down while still getting a great location, Airbnb is where it's at. Good call.

As for those other questions, no idea. I sometimes wish my one year living outside of Texas, in nearby Boulder, CO, was when I was of age!

Edit: to also add I've had a couple Ratio Beerworks offerings and have been pleased. Not sure what their standard lineup is like though.
Mustang1
AG
First Draft was recently recommend
Represent830
AG
quote:
First Draft was recently recommend
That's the pay-per-ounce place, right?
dave99ag
AG
Hops & Pie is a short Uber from downtown and has great pizza and beer. In the same neighborhood is Small Batch Liquors with a good selection for a small shop.
txag2008
AG
Porter has a great beer selection

Vortex Bar & Grill on Moreland Ave (right around the corner from Porter)
turfman80
AG
My top beer so far for 2016 is Waldo's Special Ale from Lagunitas. Just had it on draft and it Is a
hop lovers dream.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hub, forgot to mention that I used a decorative kitchen/coffee table towel as part of my packing material for the beer. Wanted to save some of that bubble wrap.

Feel free to toss it or use it in the nursery as a poop changing towel.
Hub05
AG
Thanks Two Down!

Relampago
AG
Jock 07
AG
Goin old school tonight

txag2008
AG
Have been keeping an eye out for that in Dallas, especially if I can find a bottle
army01
AG
quote:
Have been keeping an eye out for that in Dallas, especially if I can find a bottle
seriously...it's like this stuff is stashed in the same truck that is bringing Abyss to DFW.
Bmac04
AG
bottles should be hitting DFW this week hopefully
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
bottles should be hitting DFW this week hopefully

One can hope.

I'm excited for Lakewood Mole Temptress this time around as well. Believe it's just getting released this week
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of which, I hadn't checked out Craft and Growler in Dallas but one time about a year ago. Found myself just checking out their site again and damn their list is solid.

BBH and Hop Delusion are on tap currently. Anyone see any Hop Delusion cans in DFW yet?
txag2008
AG
No but I did see H&G Greenhouse for the first time last wk.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Crooked Stave

Trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

Does not compute

But seriously, it's hard to make recommendations for these trips. 3 days is not a lot of time if you're also planning to go to RMNP.

Airbnb is the way to go these days.

Other Downtown places to check out: Cerebral, Mockery, Spangalang, and Beryls.

Personally, I would skip all the places south of Colfax (TRVE, Copper Kettle, and Comrade) and go to The Highlands/Berkley. Hops and Pie for lunch and then Call to Arms, Hogshead, and Dieboldt are all short drives/medium walks. That's just me though. Other than TRVE, you're going to find a lot of Comrade and Copper Kettle taps at Euclid, Falling Rock, First Draft, and Hops and Pie. The smaller breweries are the better places to go to, IMO.

If you do end up making the drive to RMNP (2 hours from Downtown) I'd stay in Fort Collins that night. That'd allow you to check out some spots there. Check hours though as the big fort collins places keep short evening hours. You can find some Weldwerks handles at The Mayor of Oldtown and Tap and Handle. Or you could come to Greeley and I'll buy you a beer.
jetch17
AG
Delusion on shelves in Tine
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Crooked Stave

Trying to keep this as cheap as possible.

Does not compute

The way I'm reading it.. cheaper lodging = more money to spend on beer
First Page Last Page
Page 908 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.