Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,834 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Jock 07
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
quote:

does anyone here drink beer for breakfast?

with the 11am kickoff this year, yes. Spaten Oktoberfest is my go-to breakfast beer.
Heck, it's my go-to all day beer during football season.
jetch17
AG
quote:
I didn't even see what type of beer it was

me either i just looked at it next to Saint A Xmas Ale & Shiner Holiday Cheer and gave it a

spadilly
S
picked up some Clown Shoes Clementine today at Specs. Not a big fan of their Tramp Stamp IPA, but I thought I would give them another shot. Cooling down now. Probably break it open later this evening or tomorrow.

Also, FWIW, I was handed a Guinness Black Lager over the weekend.
Only the third beer I can remember not finishing (along w/ BL Lime and Miller Chill).
aggiespartan
AG
thinking about going to this tonight...it's a limited release of a few craft beers

http://oregonbeer.org/2011/10/24/block-15-ferme-de-la-demons-release-party/
BSD
AG
Ok Spartan, I may need your help. My guy said they were only offering Voodoo's by the case. I only need 6 (that includes one for Nervy and one for Jetch...if they want more, they can chime in). Can you make it happen? I'd appreciate it!
hbc07
AG
i'll check around and see what can be done.
BSD
AG
Awesome. Thanks guys.

Just saw this from the prior page:

quote:
The real bacon maple doughnut at Voodoo Doughnut is well worth the hour+ wait.

Wow! I must have hit it at the right time. I waited about 3 minutes! Then again, it was 10:30am and I was stumbling out of bed while the rest of the hangover free world that I was so detached from worked between breakfast and lunch.
aggiespartan
AG
hbc is going to go to the store tomorrow, so that gives anyone else the opportunity to chime in. I guess any other varieties could also be up for grabs.
hbc07
AG
called and they have it in.

was gonna run to the store today, but instead will do it tomorrow to allow the others to opt for a bottle or two more.
BSD
AG
Rock on, fellas!!!

Allright Houston peeps (or people that frequent Houston for our fine dining and tittay bars), speak up if you want some Rogue Voodoo!!!
713nervy
AG
I will take 2, total. You guys are awesome. Thank you for even considering this for us.
hbc07
AG
just remember, my shipping costs will be about $5 a bottle, unless i can finagle some discounts on it. so $18 a bottle is the rough cost when all said and done.
spadilly
S
if you have an extra, i'll buy one from you...just to see what its all about.
hbc07
AG
BSD, since you're who it's getting mailed to... do you want to front the costs and have people pay you back when they pick it up, or should it be a pay up front type thing.
hbc07
AG
current list is:
4 - bsd
2 - nervy
1 - spadilly
1 - jetch
BSD
AG
I'll go ahead and take care of the costs once we get it all figured out. I want to keep it simple for you guys.
713nervy
AG
I can paypal whoever whenever.
Stoli7
I would like to buy 2 bottles of the voodoo if that's cool?
BSD
AG
RyanC expressed interest in one earlier in this thread too, so let's hold one for him until we hear otherwise.

BSD
AG
So that's 11 so far. One more to go to fill a 12 bottle shipper.

And is everyone cool waiting til the highs are in the mid to upper 60's to ship? I buy a lot of beer and wine and usually hold the shipping til cooler weather do they dont sit in a hot truck all day. I'm hoping some cool fronts start coming in soon!!! And don't worry Hbc/Spartan, I'll pay in advance so you guys aren't floating the cash.

713nervy
AG
Tomorrow the high is like 55 in Dallas , but no hurry!
jetch17
AG
I'll take 2 if you're just waiting to fill 1 more
RyanC
AG
I'm in for 2.
BSD
AG
So Ryan wants 2 and Jetch wants 2 and which would make 13. That's one too many for a standard 12 bottle shipper. I'm thinking some kind of Bloodsport style muay Thai kickboxing match to determine the winner.

Or I'll go down to just 3 for me. But the fight to the death seems more interesting.

aggiespartan
AG
if anybody else wants any, or if anybody else wants any of the other varieties we have up here, we could always do 2 boxes.
BSD
AG
Hell, even if it's just one more, I'll take 11 Hair of the Dog Blue Dots or some Ninsaki Tricerahops...you know, to help some others out.
AggieOO
i'm interested if its not too late. i'd be in for one.
AggieOO
btw - in case those in the ATX didn't know, its beer week. maybe it's been posted, i didn't read the entire thread.

http://austinbeerweek.com/

i think i'm going to hit up the gingerman on saturday. they are tapping some pumpkinator.
hbc07
AG
i guess i'll keep this open until i go to bed tonight (about 2am CST).

BSD, if you really do want other portland beers, email me about it (robhakari gmail)

current list is:
4 - bsd
2 - nervy
2 - jetch
1 - spadilly
2 - stoli
2 - ryanc
1 - aggieoo

total of 14
OleDublinBobcat
I'll take two of that Voodoo, if you don't mind.
jetch17
AG
haha this is crazy, feel free to take 1 of mine to someone else who wants it. Like the whole voodoo craze on here, im just curious to try it, so 1 is fine.

If 2 end up coming to me, ill gladly offer it to anyone in Houston who wants one once they come in.
713nervy
AG
Same as jetch, I don't want this to turn into a burden for you guys.
Randy03
AG
Watching A&M last weekend had:

- Kloster Andechs Doppelbock Dunkel
- Kloster Andechs Vollbier
- Tegernseer Hell

Will probably drink Paulaner Münchener Hell and Tegernseer Hell while watching Missouri this week. I had some work in München two weeks ago and I got a case of various beers near Andechs, so Im taking a break from my usual Tegernsee, Alpirsbacher and Das Echte.
OleDublinBobcat
I shall also augment my request to 1 bottle. Thanks for doing this, guys.
helgs
AG
How does this work? I'm in DFW and am interested in trying it, too.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.