Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,294 Views | 62654 Replies | Last: 31 min ago by swampstander
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just picked up some DFH Pangea and Brewdog B*tch Please...
gordo97
AG
anyone every try this?

aggiespartan
AG
ok here's what we had at lunch....an elysian pumpkin and the steelhead scotch porter. both were very good.

EFE
AG
Gasp! To the beer store!
Andy07
AG
bought the last sixer of hoptober that was out at my local kroger.

October has to be my favorite beer month, and it goes by so fast.
Andy07
AG
quote:
Many thanks to BSD for picking up some Clutch for me ... and also sharing some Pliny the Elder for a mid-day treat!

Looking forward to trying the Pure Rock Fury!

Are you able to find that in the tine?

I had some when I was in Ft. Collins a few weeks back and would love to have some again.
jetch17
AG
Andy, BSD scored the Clutch at the big Specs, but I think it's dried up around these parts now... A couple places like the Saucer and BRC have had it on tap recently, but not sure if there's any left
713nervy
AG
BSD, would it be possible for me to buy a bottle of the Rogue Voodoo Doughnut from you if you do order a case? That would be super neat and stuff.
TxKng82
AG
Probably not there anymore but about a week ago they had about 8 bottles of Clutch at the downtown Specs.
jetch17
AG
Giving a couple more Santos a whirl tongiht, its much better ice cold.

Tastes like negra modelo with lawnmower yeast.

Im resisting the urge to get into the Clutch tongiht (not in the mood for a heavy brew tonight) but will most likely get into it this weekend. Have to find a good time tomorrow to crank up some Clutch and rock out & partake!
BSD
AG
Nervy, no problem. I need someone to F'ing remind me to take care of that on Monday...or even later today when they open.
BSD
AG
Well I called Rogue this morning and asked if they could ship me the Voodoo's. They said nope, they can't ship to an individual and I would have to go thru a distributor. I asked why it was on the online gift shop and didn't get a good answer. So back to square one. I'm going to email a guy who owns a bottle shop in Vancouver WA and see if he can grab me 6. Will report back.
aggiespartan
AG
If you wanted to paypal us or something we could pick some up for you guys...it would be $13 per bottle then shipping. we just shipped 4 of that size of bottles and the shipping was $20 via UPS.
713nervy
AG
That would be really awesome if y'all could, but definitely don't go out of your way. Maybe shipping 6 to BSD since he would be the majority err...beer holder, and then I can just get it from him the next time i am in Houston.

Ive said it before, much more of a novelty for me, so don't go through any trouble for it!
RustyBoltz
AG
Drinking a Paulaner Munchen Salvator Double Bock while watching the Ags BTHO ISU.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Rogue Mocha Porter, Iversion IPA, DFH Indian Brown Ale, Old Rasputin, Pipeline Porter

[This message has been edited by Shockemags (edited 10/23/2011 3:49a).]
BSD
AG
Spartan, that would be awesome, thanks! I already emailed the guy in Vancouver so let me see his response and I'll get back to you. I certainly appreciate the offer.

Nervy, whatever route we go, I'll make sure to get you one.
RyanC
AG
I may be in on the voodoo doughnut buy thing. I'm in Houston, so you could combine shipping with several of us.
jetch17
AG
I'll do one if you need another Houston buyer
gigm09
AG
gordo97, I tried that Kentucky Bourbon Barrel about a year ago. I think it tasted like you would expect it to given the description. I don't recall being super enthusiastic about it, but it was unique.
aggiespartan
AG

Had this yesterday during the game. Very good.
gordo97
AG
I think it tasted like you would expect it to given the description. I don't recall being super enthusiastic about it, but it was unique.

i am a big fan of aging a good ale in a bourbon barrell so i was just curious...... innis & gunn is my favorite of that style
corndog04
AG
I hadn't realized that Rogue did that Voodoo Doughnut beer, neat! The real bacon maple doughnut at Voodoo Doughnut is well worth the hour+ wait.

spartan is that picture up top at Horse Brass? edit: just read previous page which makes me think it is.

I saw Belmont Station mentioned - great store but I like The Beermongers a little bit better. John's Market in Multnomah Village may have a better bottle selection than either but you can't do any drinkin' on the premises.

I picked up a couple of these the other day. Was gonna drink one and cellar the other but mother of god was that amazing... don't think the second one will survive past Saturday.

Currently in the fridge-

My normal go-to:

LOL hippies:

A fantastic stout:

Mom brought me some of this when she drove up in August. Trying to spread out my supply over the Aggie football season:

In the cellar (basement closet) I've got 3 2009 Abyss (possibly infected), 7 2010 Abyss, and 2 2010 Dissident (also Deschutes).

[This message has been edited by corndog04 (edited 10/25/2011 3:18a).]
aggiespartan
AG
Yes that was taken at Horse Brass Pub! Belmont Station is the only beer store we've made it to so far. We plan to check out the others pretty soon though.
swanson
Rogue Yellow Snow out Nov, 5

http://thebeerstudent.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/dsc01146.jpg
hbc07
AG
BSD
AG
I just got back out to Cal. Might make a RRBC run...again. Life is tough.
jetch17
gordo97
AG
does anyone here drink beer for breakfast? i have noticed it is quite common in countries like germany etc.
aggiespartan
AG
We started having beer for breakfast during the 9am football games (we are in PST). We found a bar with a pretty good tap selection and an all you can eat breakfast. It usually doesn't end in a productive day afterwards though.
OleDublinBobcat
quote:
We found a bar with a pretty good tap selection and an all you can eat breakfast.
hbc07
AG
Last time i had black butte porter and waffles
Btron
AG
I just got on the Food Board and have not gone through this whole thread. But I had this last night and it was strong with booze and with flavor. I didn't taste too much raisins but it did have a nice sweet malty taste.

jetch17
AG
all the holiday & christmas brews hitting the shelves already are throwin me off. Im not sure im quite ready for that, need some cold weather!

Saw New Belgium 'Snow Day' in the store yesterday, anyone tried it?
aggiespartan
AG
I've seen Snow Day too but haven't tried it yet. I didn't even see what type of beer it was.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.