Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,470 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by La Fours
NColoradoAG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Done. Yes I use old air filters to keep beer from falling off the middle shelf.

https://instagr.am/p/BEUI1MvR-FP
Chipotlemonger
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
2016 Stone IRS while watching this Cavs/Pistons game. Passed it up too many times at the grocery store the past few years. Forgot how good this was. Always there for me. Always faithful.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Just curious, what's the going rate for a full size pour of a beer at a bar nowadays? My local spot seems to be inching up lately under new management and a full pour of bear republic tartare is 9 bucks. Most seem to be in the 6.50-8 range.

This is why I love living in the burbs... Never paid more than $6 at my local bar. $2.75 Texas pints on Sunday's. Live Oak is doing it right too... $5-$6 for 16oz. pours.

Regular craft beer is that much just about everywhere. (IPA, porter, brown, pale ales, wheats, etc)

Jocks example is a sour, that will always be more.

Just about every brewpub I make it into is $5 for a regular pint of beer, non-happy hour. Happy hour can be $3-$4. (Or AHA member discount.)

Sours, barrel age, high abv, etc, they creep up to $7-$10.
army01
AG

Digging this one.
Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
quote:

I had organized recently when I got wine fridge, but this urged me to update my inventory.. Lacking a little bit on it since my purchases had slowed way down and I keep forgetting.

179 beers, and 91 are from 7 breweries (avery, almanac, bruery, crooked stave, dogfish head, Paradox, Russian River)

jcbaggie04
AG
[img]<a href=[/img]" />

I finally got around to trying the bomb. A tad sweeter than I'd like but nonetheless a fantastic brew, enjoyed it very much.
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/BEUilxkx-LZ
steve00
AG
What's better than a can of Sculpin on a warm Sunday afternoon? A bigger can of Sculpin.

Jock 07
AG
quote:

62strat
AG
Holy cow. 18.5% and hardly boozy at all.

This'll get you going on a Sunday.

Chipotlemonger
AG
You must love some Old Rasputin and other Russians then. What do you prefer?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of stouts, this was a nice Sunday afternoon bottle. A nice 'smooth bittering stout' if that sounds believable.

jcbaggie04
AG
I like all sorts of stouts, some favorites are the temptress line from lakewood, left hand milk stout (nitro) and xocoveza. big bad bapitist is good as well, have had the yeti stout and was underwhlemed. haven't tried tenfiddy or rasputin yet sadly. I also enjoy the oatmeal varieties such as velvet merlin/merkin. I am venturing into the ipa and sour range more than before, but still can alway get along with a good strong malty brew any day of the week.

EDIT: NEED to try speedway, its now available in my area and hasn't been before. added to shortlist!
Chipotlemonger
AG
I love Big Bad Baptist. If you like that one you will definitely like Speedway. Epic BBB is a stout I immediately thought of when you said Bomb was a bit sweet.

Speedway is bittering, dry, and has some licorice in it...reminds me of French roast.
Scriffer
AG
Looks like stouts all around tonight. Just paid taxes. Barf.

jcbaggie04
AG
hellfighter. excellent choice. also very apt for taxes paying day. which I did also, sadface.
SecoKid
AG
Pretty chocolatey.

jah003
S
I'm in...
La Fours
AG
Niiiiiice. How is it drinking?
maca1028
I need to make a trip up to St. Louis after drinking this JK/Side project collab.
jah003
S
quote:
Niiiiiice. How is it drinking?

Drink 'em if you got 'em. Can't imagine it being much better.
big-ag
AG
Had the Sam Adams Nitro Coffee Stout. Didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.
Represent830
AG
Sorry to bust up the stout party...

Jock 07
AG
I like that play on the name of the beer.
Scriffer
AG
Just found out our offer was accepted, so we won't be homeless!

That Karbach BBH is drinking a little happier now.
Represent830
AG
quote:
I don't get it...
cc10106
Last night's graveyard:

Highlights for me were the Weldwerks coconut Medianoche, Mexican Cake, Trogdor, Blackberry Fruit Stand and TH Green. That was my favorite Fruit Stand I've tried, and the Prairie was up there with MvB. I had high hopes for the Medianoche, and everyone loved it. Finally getting to try Cake was worth the wait, but now I wanna try a fresh bottle to see how hot the peppers really are.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't get it...
Berliner becomes bexarliner due to bexar county San Antonio where free tail is, right?
txaggie05
AG
Went in on a Barrel Aged Bomb! while wrapping up and paying taxes. It was fantastic. Gonna go pick up some more.
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Sorry to bust up the stout party...

Where'd you pick that up at? Freetail or somewhere else?
corndog04
AG
After 33 days, finally out of a hotel and in to a house in Houston! Cracked open my last Boneyard IPA to celebrate, but holding on to some other good stuff until the furniture is here and wife and baby are back. Only a lawn chair and blow-up mattress in here for now

Headed back up to Portland later this week to oversee packing of the rest of our belongings (including beer collection) and reload up on some bottles/crowlers.
proudaggie02
AG
Any recommendations on breweries, beers, or beer/liquor stores between Birmingham, AL and Destin area (I'll be staying by Santa Rosa on 30-A)? I like every type of beer, but will likely want something light to drink on the beach...so anything but stouts or porters.

I'm going to see my wife's sister in AL & then heading to the beach for a few days. We're flying into Atlanta, driving to Birmingham, and then driving to FL.
jcbaggie04
AG
Long post, but a month ago, i was among many on the beer thread posting about a fast approaching birth of a child. Its been a little bit for us to get home and get used to the new norms, however I'm happy to post my daughter, Brooklyn Grace was born on 3-30-16. Both mom and baby are doing well.

[img]<a href=[/img]" />

As for beer to keep on topic, this was my victory dance, planned well in advance and saved for the right moment. It was a great toast and a very good beer, I would love to tell you guys more about the beer but most everything in my world revolves around this little girl right now. Cheers fellas...
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
First Page Last Page
Page 898 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.