Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,530 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by La Fours
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Congratulations!
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I like that play on the name of the beer.
I don't get it...
Berliner becomes bexarliner due to bexar county San Antonio where free tail is, right?

Ahhhhhh... But when you live in Bexar county you forgot that it is some type of play on words. To me that just seems normal, lol.

Yeah, great play on words and good for you for catching it.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Long post, but a month ago, i was among many on the beer thread posting about a fast approaching birth of a child. Its been a little bit for us to get home and get used to the new norms, however I'm happy to post my daughter, Brooklyn Grace was born on 3-30-16. Both mom and baby are doing well.

[img]<a href=[/img]" />

As for beer to keep on topic, this was my victory dance, planned well in advance and saved for the right moment. It was a great toast and a very good beer, I would love to tell you guys more about the beer but most everything in my world revolves around this little girl right now. Cheers fellas...
[img]<a href=[/img]" />

Congrats! Love the name.
Represent830
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry to bust up the stout party...

Where'd you pick that up at? Freetail or somewhere else?

Picked it up at freetail but it's being distributed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations
LCE
AG
Did you get the cherry IPA that won't be distributed ? I meant to go Saturday but couldn't make it.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Did you get the cherry IPA that won't be distributed ? I meant to go Saturday but couldn't make it.

Wasn't cherry it was marmalade but yeah, I got some for a buddy.
jetch17
AG
May be a good day for beer drinkin today
NColoradoAG
quote:
Last night's graveyard:

Highlights for me were the Weldwerks coconut Medianoche, Mexican Cake, Trogdor, Blackberry Fruit Stand and TH Green. That was my favorite Fruit Stand I've tried, and the Prairie was up there with MvB. I had high hopes for the Medianoche, and everyone loved it. Finally getting to try Cake was worth the wait, but now I wanna try a fresh bottle to see how hot the peppers really are.
Nice to see WeldWerks getting traded around! More than likely, I filled that Crowler.
62strat
AG
quote:
Any recommendations on breweries, beers, or beer/liquor stores between Birmingham, AL and Destin area (I'll be staying by Santa Rosa on 30-A)? I like every type of beer, but will likely want something light to drink on the beach...so anything but stouts or porters.

I'm going to see my wife's sister in AL & then heading to the beach for a few days. We're flying into Atlanta, driving to Birmingham, and then driving to FL.
Yeungling is in Atlanta.. can't remember but may be in FL as well. perfect for the beach. (I know this may start an internet fight.)

Anyway, lots of good stuff from Florida, I'd just hit up a liquor store and maybe do some make your own 6 packs.

AL ain't got chit.
Chipotlemonger
AG
At this rate, the thread will hit page 1000 easy this year.
lne2011
AG
Bookmark 9 months from today for the Houstonians on here!
AggieStout
AG
quote:
Done. Yes I use old air filters to keep beer from falling off the middle shelf.

https://instagr.am/p/BEUI1MvR-FP
did you ever know that your my hero?
AggieStout
AG
Had a friend pick up a growler of BBT from red horn down the street. $66 for the growler but well worth it. First time i vae had BBT and man it was good
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
Any recommendations on breweries, beers, or beer/liquor stores between Birmingham, AL and Destin area (I'll be staying by Santa Rosa on 30-A)? I like every type of beer, but will likely want something light to drink on the beach...so anything but stouts or porters.

I'm going to see my wife's sister in AL & then heading to the beach for a few days. We're flying into Atlanta, driving to Birmingham, and then driving to FL.
Yeungling is in Atlanta.. can't remember but may be in FL as well. perfect for the beach. (I know this may start an internet fight.)

Anyway, lots of good stuff from Florida, I'd just hit up a liquor store and maybe do some make your own 6 packs.

AL ain't got chit.
Yuengling is in Alabama...Use this for distribution.
txag2008
AG
Keep an eye our for Tropiclia IPA by Creature Comforts
jah003
S
quote:
Had a friend pick up a growler of BBT from red horn down the street. $66 for the growler but well worth it. First time i vae had BBT and man it was good

Just buy 3 bombers...
BSD
AG
quote:
May be a good day for beer drinkin today

Old school me would be hammered by now.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

AL ain't got chit.

I meant AL doesn't produce chit..
cc10106
quote:
quote:
Last night's graveyard:

Highlights for me were the Weldwerks coconut Medianoche, Mexican Cake, Trogdor, Blackberry Fruit Stand and TH Green. That was my favorite Fruit Stand I've tried, and the Prairie was up there with MvB. I had high hopes for the Medianoche, and everyone loved it. Finally getting to try Cake was worth the wait, but now I wanna try a fresh bottle to see how hot the peppers really are.
Nice to see WeldWerks getting traded around! More than likely, I filled that Crowler.
Good to see WeldWerks is doing great things. Juicy Bits will be on my radar as well. The Medianoche crowler was actually just a random yet very generous favor, but whatevs.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

AL ain't got chit.

I meant AL doesn't produce chit..
oh...well, that is absolutely a fact. Not a GD thing.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Rained out in the Tine. Working from home today.
BSD
AG
quote:

If you are flying into ATL, I suggest a slight venture north to Porter Beer bar for lunch and some Cantillon. Also ask them for a good beer store but I always had luck with Hop City and Greens's Liquor.
zephyrtexan
AG

This is how I'm dealing with a rain day.

Not sure why it's in response to someone. Sorry bout that.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:

This is how I'm dealing with a rain day.

Not sure why it's in response to someone. Sorry bout that.
Don't let it happen again.
zephyrtexan
AG
Well I'm obviously going to need to prostrate myself in humility and beg for forgiveness.

I just don't know if I should do it in a reply or not.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Well I'm obviously going to need to prostrate myself in humility and beg for forgiveness.

I think you missed his sarcasm.

Here, have a beer.
zephyrtexan
AG
quote:
quote:

I think you missed his sarcasm.

Here, have a beer.

I caught it. I was trying to play along...

But I will take the beer, with that being said.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

If you are flying into ATL, I suggest a slight venture north to Porter Beer bar for lunch and some Cantillon. Also ask them for a good beer store but I always had luck with Hop City and Greens's Liquor.
Hop city and Green's are solid. Follow Hop City on twitter to see releases.
txag2008
AG
Hop City in ATL is great. Have picked up Tropicalia & Westbrook Gose there.
Hub05
AG
Speaking of westbrook gose, TA beer threaders continue w/ the generosity. This time from Inspector Spacetime (i think?)

Bruery Las Ronces - boysenberry sour - welcome to TX (but not to Tyler)
BBH Chocolate - wife will love this one
Fen Tao!!!! enough said
Bishop Barrel 12 - Wine Barrel w/ cherries - sounds awesome
And a westbrook gose
DallasAggie2012
AG
Streetfighter, your beer should be there tomorrow man! Enjoy!
Two Down
AG
Actually Hub, that one's from me. Glad to see they all made it safely.
Kyle98
AG
My flight home yesterday from El Paso got canceled due to all the weather here, so I didn't get home until today. I'll try to get your beer together and shipped out tomorrow, Hub.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My package will be heading out tomorrow. I'll update the spreadsheet when I've got a tracking number for you.
First Page Last Page
Page 899 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.