Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,640,360 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by La Fours
ChipFTAC01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
We cleaned out our pint glass cabinet to make room for baby bottles and accessories over the weekend. Keeping a handful, but we got rid of 96 pint glasses.

Wow, 96!

I pared my glassware down a lot when I moved in with my wife. I got rid of a ton of my old pints, but our big space eater is wine glasses. in the 2 1/2 years that we've lived together we've gotten rid of some, broken more, but I bet we still have 50 wine glasses.
dave99ag
AG
We haven't downsized our glass collection yet. Luckily the baby bottles are on the other side of the kitchen, so haven't invaded that area.
62strat
AG
I'm keeping all my pint glasses, they will be shelved and displayed in the basement bar someday. For now we keep about 20 in the kitchen and the other 30-40 in the basement fridge. (Keeps the dust off!)
maca1028
Has anyone had bishops barrel 13? Somehow it's found its way to the liquor store by my house, $29.99 for a sixer.
Hickory High
AG
If some of you are wanting to get rid of beer glasses, PM. Maybe we could work out me paying the shipping costs to send them my way.
jh0400
AG
I haven't, but I'll take one off of your hands if you buy the six pack.
AgEng06
AG
Having a St A 20th Anniversary. Pretty good beer.
AggieOO
Texas needs to be their **** together on crowlers. Just opened a scotch ale from the great dane in Wisconsin that I got in September. Still just as good as it was 7 months ago.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Hopefully the lawsuit about the whole thing goes favorably.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
Hopefully the lawsuit about the whole thing goes favorably.

What lawsuit?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Pretty sure one of the places in Austin kept serving crowlers until TABC confiscated their machine and fined them. Suit may have been the wrong word but I think they're challenging that fine and confiscation in court.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Texas needs to be their **** together on crowlers. Just opened a scotch ale from the great dane in Wisconsin that I got in September. Still just as good as it was 7 months ago.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Just discovered a great blend. 1/3 supplication and 2/3 Pliny. Stir and serve cool. so good.
Hub05
AG
Received 3 more ridiculous boxes today. I will get pics up tomorrow
maca1028

Not waiting until Black Friday.
Hudson2508
AG
Hub, you're box will head out tomorrow. Tracking number should have been emailed to you. Enjoy the beer sir.
turfman80
AG
quote:
Has anyone had bishops barrel 13? Somehow it's found its way to the liquor store by my house, $29.99 for a sixer.
Buy it! I picked up a bottle at Petrol Station when in Houston a few weeks ($8) and thought it was fantastic.
Post removed:
by user
AggieOO
quote:
quote:

Drinking in your honor.
jetch17
AG
Didnt see it on here, but congrats to Jock on being a new daddy! Time to pop something nice!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congrats Jock!
Kyle98
AG
Congrats Jock!
Hub05
AG

Three more great boxes of beer and one baby toy!

From L to R:

Box from dave99ag and wife
Off Label Perpetual Peace
Texian Aurora Apricot Sour
Fulton Beer War and Peace
JK Provenance
Vanilla BBH
Jai alai

Great box of beers in my wheelhouse - stouts w/ coffee, fruited sou, jk sour, and a reminder of my daily drinker while I lived in Fl. Excited to try the Vanilla BBH that everyone raved about on here.

From reesei (I think based on tracking #s in the spreadsheet).
All new stuff from me:
Three zilker brewery cans - Their pale ale, coffee stout, and IPA.
Blue Owl little boss - looking forward to my first taste of blue owl
Real ale oatmeal stout
and Ranger creek dry hopped berliner - I'm a big fan of dry hopped sours

A second box of Autsin love from JAH-
Several Live Oak hef and Pilz cans
Two cans of Zoe APL
BCBS
JK RU55 and C5

Killer box of new beers. I can't believe I haven't had the live oak hef, but I will be drinking one tonight after work. Never had a Pale lager, so I am intrigued by those cans. BCBS is always welcomed and one of my favorite beers. And finally, the RU55 and dat JK genie Colour 5 !!! And nice touch with the baby rattle.

Thanks to all three of you for sending out excellent boxes.

62strat
AG
quote:
Didnt see it on here, but congrats to Jock on being a new daddy! Time to pop something nice!
Sounds like this already happened bout 9 months ago!

Congrats. Another one to add to the TexAgs Beer Thread Sexathon of Spring '15.
jh0400
AG
How available is Blue Owl Professor Black in Austin?
Hudson2508
AG
Very available. I've seen massive case deliveries to the usual suspects and HEBs.
reesei10
surprisingly it doesn't make it out to the HEB and Specs in Round Rock. I have only seen little boss, and spirit anaimal
Kyle98
AG
Wow, awesome stuff! I'll have mine out early next week, after I see if I can get any La Cumbre beers this weekend.
Hickory High
AG
Like the widow's offering in the book of Matthew, what I send will be meager in comparison, but don't have much.
dave99ag
AG
The question is can you hold off drinking all that goodness until it all arrives?

This is going to be epic!
Represent830
AG
quote:
Like the widow's offering in the book of Matthew, what I send will be meager in comparison, but don't have much.
Quit comparing yourself to others. We were all there once. It'll take time but you will get there one day. When you do, appreciate those (read: this thread) that brought you along.

Send what you can afford and what you appreciate.
Relampago
AG
quote:
For clear lake guys, I'm not too familiar with this place but NASA Liquor has cognac and rye abyss.
Thanks for the heads up. Everywhere I looked I have struck out. One of our branches is right around the corner so i had a buddy grab me some.

Hickory High
AG
I suppose i could send a 2016 KBS
Hub05
AG
Represent30 nailed it. I love KBS and I didn't get any. If you have an extra, then send one along. If you have never had it and only got 1, drink it.
jah003
S
My bro is stationed in Pensacola and send me a little birthday box... Can't wait to visit him this summer and drink all the Jai Alai.

First Page Last Page
Page 893 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.