Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,798 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Can anyone contact Hub05 directly...? Just waiting on him to get the ball rolling on this draft.
email sent.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Doesn't/Didn't Hub live in Oregon?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
Doesn't/Didn't Hub live in Oregon?
Florida but now back in TX
Hickory High
AG
Hickory High
AG
Crap, that photo upload site was no good. Today is a good day.

Chipotlemonger
AG
So min of 44 oz for the march madness? How did that number get set, aren't bombers all 25.6?

For the beer draft, that means I'm putting in two bombers and they may or may not be the same. Doesn't that affect the draft?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
So min of 44 oz for the march madness? How did that number get set, aren't bombers all 25.6?

For the beer draft, that means I'm putting in two bombers and they may or may not be the same. Doesn't that affect the draft?

I believe you're drafting a username/handle, not the actual beer.
jah003
S
quote:

Quite a few bombers are 22 oz. Remember, 44 oz. is a minimum. IMHO sending 44 oz. of beer is not even worth the shipping costs.

Winners are drafting users, not beers. Just send whatever you want once you know your target (Hub05 or Streetfighter).
maca1028
I have a BA ten fidy and 2015 Surly darkness waiting to send out, I'll come up with a couple of other things.
Hudson2508
AG
Wait, do we have addresses yet on where to send the beer?
jah003
S
Ok... let's get this rolling... Hub05 will show up eventually right?

Below are the losers who will be sending beer:

1.Scriffer
2. NColoradoAG
3. AgEng06
4. dave99ag/wife
5. jah003
6. big-ag
7. Hickory High
8. DallasAggie2012
9. maca1028
10. Inspector Spacetime
11. Chipotlemonger
12. hudson2508
13. Kyle98
14. Two Down
15. Lt. Joe Bookman
16. reesei10
17. dummble

Hub05, you have the first 4 picks. Chose 4 names and post them. Spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K462Xn_KoQaZu1emGq72Z5_1nJUdiWWDYGe6COQHsTw/edit?usp=sharing
Hickory High
AG
Don't pick NColoradoAg, Crooked Stave is overrated anyways
NColoradoAG
quote:
Don't pick NColoradoAg, Crooked Stave is overrated anyways

They are overrated.

But casey and weldwerks are not.
Hub05
AG
Sorry for the delay, there was a big release today that kept me from checking in on the beer thread the last couple days. Backstory: The public release was suppose to be April 26, however the fermentation process was going slower than expected. Then the brewer started having some issues. So in the tradition of a few great breweries it was released it anyway and I pray the neckbeard ****lords stay away. Here is today's 79 ounce haul

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Congrats!
Hub05
AG
BTW, mom and baby are doing excellent and are sound asleep after a very long day. Are we doing the draft public or private over email?
AggieStout
AG
quote:
It dropped last week in the Austin area, and I would assume is now gone. I was only able to find one bottle despite trying multiple places.

I can still find barrel aged bomb at my local heb. They have at least 9 bottles every time I go. It's just hidden.

I doubt they would have the pirate. Did you find you bottle at total wine?
BSD
AG
Just awesome!

(Your email makes sense now!)
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got it, I'm trying to think of 22 oz beers off the top of my head just for ****s and giggles.

All the Yorkshire stuff 22 oz? I can't think of much, what breweries predominantly use that size? Is it really a lot and I just haven't noticed the difference between that and 25?
jah003
S
Unacceptable... You have now forfeited 1st place. Babies are no excuse.

I'm cool with the draft being public, just check the spreadsheet and post up your first 4 when you get a chance.
jah003
S
quote:
Got it, I'm trying to think of 22 oz beers off the top of my head just for ****s and giggles.

All the Yorkshire stuff 22 oz? I can't think of much, what breweries predominantly use that size? Is it really a lot and I just haven't noticed the difference between that and 25?

Likely... Deschutes, Firestone Walker, Karbach, New Belgium, etc all use 22 oz bombers.
Hickory High
AG
OK seriously it's getting out of hand now. What in the world happened nine months ago on this thread that made everyone get off TexAgs and immediately go put a baby in their wives?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Summer dead period with only baseball?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Go back to that time and see what everyone was drinking on the Beer thread.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Yeah most large formats are 22oz, unless they look like Pinot/Chardonnay bottles, which are 750ml (aka 25.4oz IIRC). The smaller bottles of the same shape are usually 500ml, but sometimes look like 750's without other bottles to compare to.
maca1028
Congrats Hub!
Kyle98
AG
Congrats, and welcome to the newborn club! Ours is just about 4 weeks old now and we're still trying to figure it all out. I'm sure that's going to be the case for the next 18 years!
dave99ag
AG
quote:

Works for me. Our boy was born on Monday right at the end of the championship game. All 22.5 inches of him!
Jock 07
AG
My wife will be induced on Mon if my boy hasn't made his appearance by then, docs don't want him to get too big (8lb 4 oz right now). Hoping to make it through the Masters uninterrupted, don't want to have to watch it on a non HD tv at the hospital.
Kyle98
AG
We had HD tv at our hospital. Watched the SEC BB Champ game there.

We were early, too, and I took the whole next week off, so I was home for the first two rounds of the tourney. That was nice, but my wife got pretty tired of basketball.
Chipotlemonger
AG
When is the 'New Dad Bottleshare'
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
When is the 'New Dad Bottleshare'
Jock 07
AG
Well hopefully we have HD too, I just assumed that it wouldn't be. I suppose I could watch it on my ipad as well.
Jock 07
AG
That's pretty good.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

Works for me. Our boy was born on Monday right at the end of the championship game. All 22.5 inches of him!
Damn! That's huge! How tall is he?
First Page Last Page
Page 883 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.