Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,705 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Jock 07
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Might have to give it a try, thanks for the tasting notes.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Burleson HEB has KBS for you Fort Worth people. It's locked up though.

You would probably have to go when John is working and ask for him to open it up.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Ok Texags March Madness Gents...The time has come to pay up. Or... receive copious amounts of beer.

The way I see it, we've got a 3 step process here. Step 1, enter locations for losers and a wish list for winners. Step 2, let Hub05 and Streetfighter2012 draft. Step 3, pack up and send some beer.

Step 1:
Please go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K462Xn_KoQaZu1emGq72Z5_1nJUdiWWDYGe6COQHsTw/edit?usp=sharing and enter your location if you are loser as soon as possible. You can also make a list of local breweries you have access to in the spreadsheet. This gives the winners a better idea of who they should be drafting (don't want everyone to be from College Station, Houston, etc.). I entered a few of the locations I already knew. If you are winner, please follow the same link and enter your location as well as a wish list.

Step 2:
Draft users... I've made daveAG and his wife a combo. So, you we have 17 packages going out. Hub05 gets to draft 14 of those packages and Streetfigher2012 gets the other 3. Draft will look like this:
Picks 1-4: Hub05
Pick 5: Streetfigher2012
Picks 6-9: Hub05
Pick 10: Streetfigher2012
Picks 11-14: Hub05
Pick 15: Streetfigher2012
Picks 16 & 17: Hub05
We will draft once all locations have been entered in the spreadsheet.

Step 3:
Send beer. I'll post up more instructions once the draft is over. But... minimum is 44 oz., quality over quantity, and don't be a ****. All tracking info will go through me as well.

I took sheets off my phone since it's such a ****ing huge app. Please add me. Colorado obviously. Will send Casey, Stave, WeldWerks, other stuff.

Once the winners draft, likes and dislikes would be appreciated
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
quote:
These Prairie beers sure are expensive, but they're so balanced with a great flavor. It's hard for me to say no. Probably won't find myself ever passing on a Bomb or Noir variant. Coffee Okie was great also

Completely agree
maca1028
No luck on pirate bomb for me but this will do.
zephyrtexan
AG
Hey guys, question for you.

My wife loves beer but her doctor told her that she can't do gluten. She hates having to go gluten free and really misses good beer.

Do any of you happen to know of any really good gluten free beers I might be able to be on the lookout for?

Other than ciders. She considers those ***** drinks.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I guess this is what we're doing tonight?

maca1028
quote:

My wife loves beer but her doctor told her that she can't do gluten. She hates having to go gluten free and really misses good beer.

Do any of you happen to know of any really good gluten free beers I might be able to be on the lookout for?

I think omission is gluten free, they're not bad.
AgEng06
army01
AG
quote:
After being in Texas for at least the last year or two, Ballast Point has finally arrived in B / CS. Picked up 12 day old Grapefruit Sculpin at, believe it or not, the Bryan Kroger.

Damn. I think Ballast Point hit DFW back in 2012.
corndog04
AG
Seriously, let me know if you want one of mine. Too poor for stars but will temp post my phone number if interested.
maca1028
I'll take it!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Enjoy by 4/20 is really good. There's a big difference in quality between batches of Enjoy by.
corndog04
AG
maca1028
maca1028
Helluva game!
AgEng06
AG
Holy ****
Jock 07
AG
Wow
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Incredible.
NColoradoAG
quote:

While not gluten free, Stone Delicious IPA is gluten reduced and quite tasty.
Represent830
AG

Damn this is good. Finishing up Opening Day.
Represent830
AG
Also had our draft Saturday and smoked a brisket. Had some others lined up but didn't get to them.

Hudson2508
AG
Struck out on Zwanze Day, anyone get in? Sounds like people tried to cheat the system.
Chipotlemonger
AG
How'd people cheat, mule some email addresses?
Hudson2508
AG
I'm assuming they entered multiple email addresses and fake names or something.
jah003
S
quote:
Struck out on Zwanze Day, anyone get in? Sounds like people tried to cheat the system.

Didn't get in either... Probably for the best. I'd drop way too much cash if I did go. Haven't heard of many people that actually won... Probably all grandma's.
BSD
AG
No entry for me, either.

And yeah, what an incredible game last night. I tried to get a yellow rose pregame but Lil Woods was out of it and about 15 other kegs. They said it was the best weekend they've ever had. After seeing midtown on Saturday after games, I believe it. That place was nuts.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I also struck out on Zwanze Day. Should've made up some more emails for Santos L. Halper and other fake names from the simpsons. The fake ID would be worth the extra cost
AggieStout
AG
Is the Pirate bomb something that is currently out right now? If so I'm going to have to find some around Austin/Round Rock
AgEng06
AG
It dropped last week in the Austin area, and I would assume is now gone. I was only able to find one bottle despite trying multiple places.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone actually get a good clearance for Zwanze Day? I also struck out.
Hudson2508
AG
Anyone had Snowed In from Funky Buddha? Had a guy on BeerExchange offer it for my Sherry Atrial.

Seems equally as rare but not sure I'd do it or not. That website is interesting since it opens people directly to others seeking beer you have FT.

First time I've had someone message me so far.
jah003
S
quote:
Anyone actually get a good clearance for Zwanze Day? I also struck out.

Based on what I'm seeing... About half the people who won have no intentions of actually going. Just a bunch of neckbeards who got all hot and bothered and didn't think about planning ahead. I'd keep your eyes out for that second email.
jah003
S
Can anyone contact Hub05 directly...? Just waiting on him to get the ball rolling on this draft.
First Page Last Page
Page 882 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.