Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,646,031 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't even know this was a beer until Jah's post.
army01
AG
quote:
KBS is hitting stores this week in DFW
This one per is an absolute beating.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
One 4 pack per, right? they're not breaking them up are they? I've seen BCBS broken up into singles here back when they were 4 packs.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
One 4 pack per, right? they're not breaking them up are they? I've seen BCBS broken up into singles here back when they were 4 packs.

Highest "allotment" I've seen in Austin so far is 2 bottles...
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah you're telling me. I enjoy KBS, but I am not willing to drive to 4 different stores just to get a full four pack. It seems like the allotment this year may be even smaller than last year's if the early stores are any indication of total volume.

I guess that just means more money to buy the Bruery beers that are finally in DFW though!
Hickory High
AG
My buddies in Houston had to wait in line at HEB for an hour last year just to get one bottle of KBS. I strolled into the college station H-E-B at around two or three in the afternoon and could have as much as I wanted. Oh the perks of living in a town where you're one of the only people that appreciates your hobby.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Not sure who waits in line for KBS these days. It's not exactly considered rare or hard to get at this point. I guess maybe if you have the ability to buy a bunch or something, but there is no way I would ever wait in line to buy a single 12 oz bottle of KBS. To each their own though.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's one bottle, sir. I could handle having one 4 pack. I've only lucked into that once though. As I was walking up to pay at Central Market a few years ago, the BEK rep said, "I think they are limiting those to 1 per person." I said, "Oops" and kept walking.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, hope they're easier to come by in Omaha when I get over there. Haven't had KBS yet but CBS was effin phenomenal
Hickory High
AG
Do most of you who trade use Beer Exchange?
Post removed:
by user
NColoradoAG
quote:
Do most of you who trade use Beer Exchange?
I only know one person who uses Beer Exchange and all he does is post the ridiculous offers he receives. I just went on there and find the site pretty nice, but it takes a while to add beers and get everything set up.

The best way to start trading is on Beer Advocate and just trade locals. Things like Yellow Rose, Temptress, etc are good locals that you can trade for stuff like Pliny, Jai Alai, etc. TalkBeer is a good site too filled with vets, but you need thick skin and you definitely have to go along before you can get along.

Trading is a rabbit hole though. Take it slow and develop relationships. Take some time to learn the relative values of beers, the difference between distributed beer and brewery only beer, and the distribution areas of beers. Don't set up 4 trades at once. Don't drink a beer you've traded for before yours is delivered. Don't pack poorly. Dont be concerned about maximizing value of your trade or "winning."

Not to toot my own horn too much, but you just got a crash course on how to pack a box from me last week.
turfman80
AG
After being in Texas for at least the last year or two, Ballast Point has finally arrived in B / CS. Picked up 12 day old Grapefruit Sculpin at, believe it or not, the Bryan Kroger.
NColoradoAG
I'm also seeing a lot of europeans on Beer Exchange. I'm proposing trades just for ****s and giggles.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
After being in Texas for at least the last year or two, Ballast Point has finally arrived in B / CS. Picked up 12 day old Grapefruit Sculpin at, believe it or not, the Bryan Kroger.

Wow.

Count me as a big fan of drinking sculpin, but I hate paying for sculpin. Every store that has it up here charged $14-$15 per 6-pack.
Post removed:
by user
NColoradoAG
quote:
Specs downtown has the Abyss variants, but they're holding them for Black Friday.
As in November Black Friday?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Specs downtown has the Abyss variants, but they're holding them for Black Friday.

Uh, Aprils fools was on Friday
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

Wow.

Count me as a big fan of drinking sculpin, but I hate paying for sculpin. Every store that has it up here charged $14-$15 per 6-pack.
Same here in CO. They just collect dust because there are so many great local options in the $8-10 range.
Post removed:
by user
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Yes. As in skip dinner and football to camp in the sidewalk with neckbeards and trade hoarders Black Friday.
That's pretty stupid
txag2008
AG
First time to try Nelson, watching Rangers opening day. Really great beer with a nice color

NColoradoAG
quote:
Yes. As in skip dinner and football to camp in the sidewalk with neckbeards and trade hoarders Black Friday.
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. This is one of those times I would actually report this to a brewery. Holding on to a beer for 8 months, even a barrel aged stout, is not cool. Just put the damn beer out for sale and be done with it.

If you got three cases then I could maybe see holding 6-12 bottles back for a sale during the holiday, but even that **** is stupid.
Post removed:
by user
NColoradoAG
Not to mention how idiotic it is from a business perspective to sit on a desirable product you probably make 50% margins on. Which you could turn around and spend on the next hot **** that pops up on the delivery list. God I hate beer sometimes.
Post removed:
by user
AgEng06
AG
This is awesome. I wish I could have gotten two bottles.

Post removed:
by user
Hickory High
AG
Specs in College Station is getting Pirate Bomb soon
Post removed:
by user
jah003
S
Ok Texags March Madness Gents...The time has come to pay up. Or... receive copious amounts of beer.

The way I see it, we've got a 3 step process here. Step 1, enter locations for losers and a wish list for winners. Step 2, let Hub05 and Streetfighter2012 draft. Step 3, pack up and send some beer.

Step 1:
Please go here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K462Xn_KoQaZu1emGq72Z5_1nJUdiWWDYGe6COQHsTw/edit?usp=sharing and enter your location if you are loser as soon as possible. You can also make a list of local breweries you have access to in the spreadsheet. This gives the winners a better idea of who they should be drafting (don't want everyone to be from College Station, Houston, etc.). I entered a few of the locations I already knew. If you are winner, please follow the same link and enter your location as well as a wish list.

Step 2:
Draft users... I've made daveAG and his wife a combo. So, you we have 17 packages going out. Hub05 gets to draft 14 of those packages and Streetfigher2012 gets the other 3. Draft will look like this:
Picks 1-4: Hub05
Pick 5: Streetfigher2012
Picks 6-9: Hub05
Pick 10: Streetfigher2012
Picks 11-14: Hub05
Pick 15: Streetfigher2012
Picks 16 & 17: Hub05
We will draft once all locations have been entered in the spreadsheet.

Step 3:
Send beer. I'll post up more instructions once the draft is over. But... minimum is 44 oz., quality over quantity, and don't be a ****. All tracking info will go through me as well.
turfman80
AG
quote:
First time to try Nelson, watching Rangers opening day. Really great beer with a nice color

My last hope for the expanded distribution of Alpine via Green Flash. The three bottles of Duet I have purchased here in Texas have been BMC or Shiner worthy... a shell of the true Alpine version. I'm hoping the distinctive hop profile of Nelson makes it a somewhat close match to the true nectar that came out of the hole-in-the-wall brewery outside San Diego. Otherwise, no mas dinero from me.
AgEng06
AG
I mentioned to my wife at dinner that my beer had a higher abv than her wine....
Jock 07
AG
How much of the chilies and coffee do you pick up on the pirate bomb? Love BBA stouts but not huge on chili or coffee beers.
AgEng06
AG
Less chilli than regular Bomb for me. A decent amount of coffee, but the main flavors I'm getting are the rum and vanilla.
First Page Last Page
Page 881 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.