Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,638,890 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by La Fours
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dis gon' be good

Hickory High
AG
Bravo
Hickory High
AG
Picture didn't post earlier. Eleventh Hour was amazing.

NColoradoAG
Celebrating the end of a great weekend at Weldwerks and the Ags getting a 3 seed!

https://instagr.am/p/BC6Xw1zx-Cn
CollinAB
AG
Hey Beer Thread, it's been a while. I just moved up to Seattle this week and feel like a total beer virgin again. So many things I don't recognize. If anybody's got any suggestions it'd be appreciated.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Hey Beer Thread, it's been a while. I just moved up to Seattle this week and feel like a total beer virgin again. So many things I don't recognize. If anybody's got any suggestions it'd be appreciated.
You'll just have to try everything you can find.

For science.
La Fours
AG
That's awesome. Congrats on the move. What will you be doing up there?
La Fours
AG
Daaaaaaaaaaamn
Scriffer
AG
I'm in for giving someone my money on the BIF tourney
Hickory High
AG
quote:
I'm in for giving someone my money on the BIF tourney

I think you're missing the point here
Scriffer
AG
Not missing the point. Just not in denial of the inevitable.
Hickory High
AG
Hahaha
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Was there last month for work. Was able to stop at two places and both were great. For a bottle shop, I stopped at a place called The Beer Junctionin West Seattle. Was able to bring back a few de Garde bottles from there. They had an incredible barrel-aged tap list that day, so it's also a good place to grab a beer. The only brewery I made it to was Holy Mountain and their stuff was awesome. Had a really good saison from them. Forgot what it was called.
jetch17
AG
Keeping it thoed tonight

jah003
S
Celebrating 6 years of marriage, a #3 seed, and a week off of work...

CollinAB
AG
I'll be working in footwear in the outdoor industry. So far, stuff from Fremont has been pretty good up here.

EDIT: HNIC, The Beer Junction is a great recommendation. I live a bit south of there, so it won't be too tough to get to it. I've heard good things about Holy Mountain, too. I'll have to check that out.
62strat
AG
CollinAB, when you get a chance, sign up for a tour of Pike's brewery. Very cool unique gravity brewhouse, with an owner that has an unbelievable and influential history in the beverage industry.
La Fours
AG
Very cool. If you need a field tester, I wear a size 10.5 and I'll be happy to wear your company's hiking boots and provide feed back.
bevokilla
AG
quote:
I'll be working in footwear in the outdoor industry. So far, stuff from Fremont has been pretty good up here.

EDIT: HNIC, The Beer Junction is a great recommendation. I live a bit south of there, so it won't be too tough to get to it. I've heard good things about Holy Mountain, too. I'll have to check that out.
Manny's Pale Ale is ok and that **** is everywhere up there.

We didn't get to try much up there but we did hit up Fremont and The Sister was probably my favorite beer I had in Seattle.

We didn't have a car so we were forced to stick to places within walking distance but there was place next to the original Starbucks that had a really good selection of craft beer including Alesmith that was reasonably priced.
AggieOO
quote:

Brooks?
Hickory High
AG
So will there be a separate thread made on this board so that we can conceptualize this beer buy in March madness stuff?
jah003
S
I'll post something shortly. Just got to create a group and type up instructions.
jah003
S
2016 Texags March Madness BIF

Below are the rules/guidelines...

1. You can submit your entry through the ESPN Tournament Challenge. The group name is Texags Beer Thread and the password is tourney2016. You are limited to 1 entry. You must sign up with your Texags username!
2. Once the brackets lock (around 11 am on Thursday I believe) I will post a list of all entries.
3. We will play this winner take all for now... if we get enough entries I can have a 2nd place pay out as well. I will update as needed.
4. Losers send a minimum of 44 oz. to the winner. Quality and going above and beyond is obviously preferred here. Also, try to send something from outside of the winners distro. You should send within 2 weeks of the winner being crowned. So... if you know winning is not a possibility at the final four, you've got some time to start picking out beer for the potential winner.
5. If you back out and choose not to send you will be publicly shamed in a manner far worse than NColoradoAG passing out at a bottle share.

Good luck!
NColoradoAG
quote:
2016 Texags March Madness BIF

Below are the rules/guidelines...

1. You can submit your entry through the ESPN Tournament Challenge. The group name is Texags Beer Thread and the password is tourney2016. You are limited to 1 entry. You must sign up with your Texags username!
2. Once the brackets lock (around 11 am on Thursday I believe) I will post a list of all entries.
3. We will play this winner take all for now... if we get enough entries I can have a 2nd place pay out as well. I will update as needed.
4. Losers send a minimum of 44 oz. to the winner. Quality and going above and beyond is obviously preferred here. Also, try to send something from outside of the winners distro. You should send within 2 weeks of the winner being crowned. So... if you know winning is not a possibility at the final four, you've got some time to start picking out beer for the potential winner.
5. If you back out and choose not to send you will be publicly shamed in a manner far worse than NColoradoAG passing out at a bottle share.

Good luck!
What a ****ing cheap shot.

Can out of staters join?
BSD
AG
quote:

Haha, what a drunk *******! (self reflection time...I'm just jealous)

I vote for out of towners because A) why the hell not? we are all friends here...and B) more diversification
Scriffer
AG
Second vote for out of state folks.
Hickory High
AG
So are we doing this based on the honor system or should there be an established baseline? Because I'd like to keep my Jester King stuff if I can.
jah003
S
Out of state folks are encouraged... you guys can sent us the good stuff we can't get in Texas.
steve00
AG
Had a pretty good beer day yesterday.

The Veritas pairs very nicely with grilled pork chops.

Finished the evening with some 2011 Utopias.
Hudson2508
AG
Just did my lineup, no research at all. Enjoy my beer.
Kyle98
AG
Just got home from the hospital, and cracked this open to celebrate the birth of my daughter!

AgEng06
AG
Congrats man! Daughters are amazing.
Ranger222
AG
In case you haven't seen the Cigar City news today.....

turns out the rumors of them being in negotiations with InBev were somewhat true which is horrible to think about. Glad they are going with United Craft. Pretty good deal for them overall.
dave99ag
AG
Congratulations!

We're in the "any day now" mode for our son to arrive. Still deciding what celebratory beer we'll drink.
Jock 07
AG
Congrats dude, I'm ~ a month out from my first kid.
First Page Last Page
Page 863 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.