Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,175 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by maca1028
Represent830
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

quote:
Couldn't help but stop at the temple on the way to the airport.

Where is this? I'll be in Healdsburg/Santa Rosa tomorrow.

jetch17
AG
Toronado - SF
steve00
AG
It's only a couple miles from Mikkeler Bar as well.

And if you are down there in the evening, Smugglers Cove is in between them. The best Tiki cocktail bar in the country.

Just don't start thinking it would be a good idea to walk around in that area.
Represent830
AG
quote:
It's only a couple miles from Mikkeler Bar as well.

And if you are down there in the evening, Smugglers Cove is in between them. The best Tiki cocktail bar in the country.

Just don't start thinking it would be a good idea to walk around in that area.
Cool, I saw that on the map. I want to hit up Rare Barrel but it looks like we will be in SF on Tuesday and they are closed. I'm with inlaws so I don't have a lot of pull in what we do. I already got a morning to go to RRBC so I'm pretty content.

Would kill to head over and Trouble Coffee but not sure they would go for that.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
Anyone try Sexy Betty?
It's average. Had it when I was in Omaha. I liked Black Betty better. Cool that they're available in Texas now though.
AgEng06
AG
Lakeline HEB just got a load of Heavy Machinery in today...

DaveHimself
AG
quote:
Just received my refund check from Goose Island for 2 BCBW and 1 BCBCS. It took about 2 months instead of the 2 weeks they quoted at the time and I didn't get the promised T-shirt, but at least they delivered on the check.

I just read where the refunds ended on 2/29. I've got one each coffee and barleywine...hope they are good. Had huge expectations for the coffee since it was my favorite beer last year, and top 3 all time for me.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:
Just received my refund check from Goose Island for 2 BCBW and 1 BCBCS. It took about 2 months instead of the 2 weeks they quoted at the time and I didn't get the promised T-shirt, but at least they delivered on the check.

I just read where the refunds ended on 2/29. I've got one each coffee and barleywine...hope they are good. Had huge expectations for the coffee since it was my favorite beer last year, and top 3 all time for me.
Same here, the previous batch of coffee was one of my all-time favorites as well. Hopefully they've improved their process and can redeem themselves this year.
big-ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Same here, the previous batch of coffee was one of my all-time favorites as well. Hopefully they've improved their process and can redeem themselves this year.
AB InBev at work...
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

AB InBev at work...
Yeah, AB InBev and Goose Island are the first brewery to have infection issues with a barrel aged stout...
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

AB InBev at work...
On the other hand, AB InBev was at least partly the reason I was able to walk into Spec's and buy a case of BCBS off the floor.
Hudson2508
AG

I'm on a IPA binge and this one is up there with the best of them.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Rainer tonight. Some days you just need a canned lager.
EFE
AG
Ok beer nerds, I'm gonna be in Cali Easter weekend, specifically the Malibu/Westlake/Calabasas area. What are my best options for finding Russian River offerings? I'm out there for my cousins wedding so I'm not gonna able to make many day trips between Thurs-Sun.
Annnddd Go!
Chipotlemonger
AG
What's this event going on in Tampa right now? Hunaphu's Day?
steve00
AG
I don't know the shops in that area, but I can tell you that Stone distributes RRBC in SoCal, so you'll need to hit whatever shops actually get Pliny right after they get their Stone delivery. Most likely they will Instagram or tweet that they just got Pliny, and then you'll have under an hour to get there to buy your one bottle per person limit.

Damnation is easy to find at any good shop, but the sours are generally as hard to find as Pliny.

There is a bar in Venice Beach that gets Pliny, some -tions, and a number of other good beers from CA breweries. It's called The Otheroom. Last time I was there they were out of Pliny, but the time before I had several bottles.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
What's this event going on in Tampa right now? Hunaphu's Day?

Yessir
jh0400
AG
Opened a JK Autumnal Dichotomus and wasn't impressed. It tasted more like orange pith than orange zest.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Peticolas Royal Scandal this afternoon in Dallas. Really nice Rye ale..:surprised I haven't got on this one sooner. Highly recommend it, rye just fits my palette very well.

Dogfish head 'beer to drink music to' Tripel tonight. Wonderfully balanced Belgian flavors.

Happy Saturday, gents.
Jock 07
AG
Drank a 90 minute today. Not sure if I've had one since college. Been a damn long time anyhow. It was one of the beers that started my conversion to craft beer.
corndog04
AG
NCol,

Slight chance I'll stop by weldwerks tomorrow. Currently in SE Idaho, haven't decided tomorrows route but it isn't too far of a detour from one of the three we are considering.

I've got the dogs with me so probably would just be a growler fill and run. Recs on best thing on tap right now?
dixie whiskey
AG
really like the peanut butter victory at sea. finishing off a half growler. had a sample of peppermint at well, which was good, but I preferred pb. unfortunately no more coconut when I went to heb friday.

after going through a couple growlers of live oak primus but now unable to get more, I've been looking for a quality weizenbock or dunkelweizen thats not hard to find. I like skylight by new republic but its not on the same level as primus. would love to find some new ones. any suggestions?
jah003
S
Anyone interested in doing a Texags Beer Thread March Madness BIF...?
Chipotlemonger
AG
BIF?
jah003
S
quote:
BIF?
Beer it Forward... Your entry fee is basically a certain amount of beer. Winner of the group takes all the beer.
Hudson2508
AG
I'm in.

I'm assuming we put a dollar limit/floor on the value of the beer.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
BIF?
Beer it Forward... Your entry fee is basically a certain amount of beer. Winner of the group takes all the beer.

Didn't take too much contemplating. I'm in.

AgEng06
AG
I'm in.

I suck at brackets, so I'll basically be donating a beer. Haha
Chipotlemonger
AG
If we get enough interest think we could do a 2nd place reward as well?
Hickory High
AG
quote:
I'm in.

I suck at brackets, so I'll basically be donating a beer. Haha

This particular year, basically everyone has an equal chance of winning. Almost every matchup will be a coin flip.
Hickory High
AG
quote:
I'm in.

I'm assuming we put a dollar limit/floor on the value of the beer.

So wait, is it quantity or quality of the beer that matters?
jah003
S
I'll post up instructions later tonight/tomorrow morning. No dollar limit, more ounce limit (44 oz. likely). Yes, quality and generosity are preferred.
Hickory High
AG

Last night's lineup. Eleventh Labor and Black Angel were wonderful.
NColoradoAG
quote:
NCol,

Slight chance I'll stop by weldwerks tomorrow. Currently in SE Idaho, haven't decided tomorrows route but it isn't too far of a detour from one of the three we are considering.

I've got the dogs with me so probably would just be a growler fill and run. Recs on best thing on tap right now?

Mexican Achromatic if you like stouts, Juicy Bits if you like IPA.

I'm here now, and will be for awhile. In an Aggie Basketball hat
Quincey P. Morris
AG
RU-55 didn't make it but Audio Palette is pretty decent. And of course it's always a good day at Jester King.
First Page Last Page
Page 862 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.