Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,732 Views | 62658 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by Kyle98
Inspector Spacetime
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What are the best breweries/brewpubs in DFW to visit? Both for a good venue and good to great beer.

Places I've been to:

• Community
  • Deep Ellum
  • Braindead Brewing
  • Small Brewpub

Places I haven't been, but heard are good to see:

• Franconia
  • Lakewood (went through improvements recently??)

What am I missing out on?
Collective Brewing Project in FW, for sure. Both their beer and the venue are awesome. Pretty much seamless between FOH and production, barrels everywhere.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Good to know. That seems to be the best option from here. Hoping as a I travel to be able to make some good IP swaps for other desirable bottles to start building up some ammo. Or I just need to find better beer friends like Hickory.lol
fav13andac1)c
AG
If you can't tell, I like Tupps a lot.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Speaking of Collective, is anyone else planning on going to their Urban Funkhouse bottle release party next Friday? It's their farmhouse saison barrel fermented with a Brett and Sacc blend.

I'll be out there after work snagging a couple beers and a few bottles depending on what the limit is. Could always snag some for other folks that aren't able to get a bottle either if anyone is interested.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'd be interested... let me know
Inspector Spacetime
AG

Drank a few more of my Denver trip beers. Only brought back one of each, so never planned to save them for much time.

Silly Cybies is about as pretty as any sour beer I've tasted, and maybe my favorite from Crooked Stave so far. I got to try some at the tasting room along with so many other delicious beers that I forgot why this was one of the only ones I splurged on to take home with me. Really pleasant tartness from the raspberry along with the dark fruit of the base beer. Wish I had more!

Also drank a couple of Avery's-- Avery "Double 'D''s" which was a BBA spiced ale with ginger added. Pretty tasty but fine with having just once.

The other was Fiel al Estilo, their "Mexican Barleywine" aged in Tequila barrels with chiles added. This was a much spicier beer in Boulder at the taproom, but the bottled version I thought was better balanced overall. Definitely would like to find some more someday.
jah003
S
Gotta love ABW's attitude when it comes to brewing/marketing. "Should we put a taco on a can...? Hell yes!"

big-ag
AG
Noble Rey is a newer brewery in the Arts District. A few things that are different from others are you can buy beer to go there because of how they did their license, they have guest taps on rotation, and they are one of the few places that make a Steam/California Common. Pretty tasty.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Noble Rey is a newer brewery in the Arts District. A few things that are different from others are you can buy beer to go there because of how they did their license, they have guest taps on rotation, and they are one of the few places that make a Steam/California Common. Pretty tasty.
Forgot about them. That Steam beer is great.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Just received my refund check from Goose Island for 2 BCBW and 1 BCBCS. It took about 2 months instead of the 2 weeks they quoted at the time and I didn't get the promised T-shirt, but at least they delivered on the check.
Represent830
AG
quote:
Gotta love ABW's attitude when it comes to brewing/marketing. "Should we put a taco on a can...? Hell yes!"

Yeah, I heard Austin invented the breakfast taco too.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Glad I was able to live in Austin for a decade, before it got over the top and touristy.
FlyFish95
Anyone try Sexy Betty?
AgEng06
AG
Whoa boozy... I see why it's expensive, it's like buying bourbon. And its very good.

Scriffer
AG
It's been a crap week.

Just glad I didn't get an infected one.
AgEng06
AG
You're good from what I understand. The potentially infected ones were the Barleywine and Coffee variants.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
You're good from what I understand. The potentially infected ones were the Barleywine and Coffee variants.

Phew, was about to say. My first BCBS regular was great, got 2 more to age.

What does everyone see happening next year with the Black Friday release?
Scriffer
AG
*****in'

The other two should be awesome with some time in them
Hudson2508
AG
Speaking of trade values, y'all think a sherry Atrial could pull one of the rare stouts? Something like a Dark Lord, Toppling Goliath or Tree House Stout? Would be willing to add other fruited sours as well if I could land something really rare. Just want to vet it here before I ask for something stupid on BA.

I've had regular Atrial so might want to trade it for something I'll never get again.
maca1028
Sherry atrial for dark lord is too much. From what I remember when shatrial came out, trade wise, you could do much better. If that's the route you go then wait until after DLD day and trade for whatever variant they come out with.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Agree with Maca on the Dark Lord comment. Sherry Atrial traded really high initially, but it seems to have gone down some in value just off of what I have seen lately. It still has strong value, but it won't pull any of the Toppling Goliath or other high tiered stouts. I would either hold on to it if you have not tried it already or give it a little more time to see if the value starts to trend back up in the near future.
Bmac04
AG
Yeah sherry atrial won't get you anywhere close to the bigger stouts. Right now it's value has really taken a hit since the release. You might be able to get a couple Cycle stouts or something along those lines for it but none of the heavy hitters
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks BMac, Dallas and Maca.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Collective Brewing Project in FW, for sure. Both their beer and the venue are awesome. Pretty much seamless between FOH and production, barrels everywhere.

At a conference in Ft. Worth today and am making plans to visit this brewery since it's barely a mile away from the hotel. Do they have food or foodtrucks?
Bmac04
AG
quote:
At a conference in Ft. Worth today and am making plans to visit this brewery since it's barely a mile away from the hotel. Do they have food or foodtrucks?
No food but normally a food truck.
dave99ag
AG
That works for me. I need to find a place to watch the game today. The Brass Tap had good beer and plenty of TVs.
steve00
AG
When you are in Napa, the hotel glassware isn't exactly designed for beer.

I only got 2 cases of Pliny and 1 case of Blind Pig this time since I was flying. Note the darker green, different main font and that all the words that used to be white are now black. I have a bottle at home with the old look, so they must have just changed it in the past week or two.

I don't understand why a brand that has more demand than supply would bother with changing their label. Especially when they made it look worse.

I know at least a couple people will appreciate this.

Couldn't help but stop at the temple on the way to the airport.

jetch17
AG
Lordy.
jetch17
AG
saw D&Q got an asston of Pineapple Sculpin in. May have to toot on a few of those this weekend.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Speaking of trade values, y'all think a sherry Atrial could pull one of the rare stouts? Something like a Dark Lord, Toppling Goliath or Tree House Stout? Would be willing to add other fruited sours as well if I could land something really rare. Just want to vet it here before I ask for something stupid on BA.

I've had regular Atrial so might want to trade it for something I'll never get again.

If you haven't tried it, I would drink it. That is hands down the best JK beer I've had. The complexity of that beer was top notch.
BSD
AG
What's behind that blue door???????????????????????

BSD
AG
The labels on Pliny were different back in January when I was there. I knew something was different but didnt have an old one to compare to. Is it a brewery only thing?
BSD
AG
ok, I decided to finally check the difference

Old:

New:

I like the old version better.
AgEng06
AG
Put me down as liking the old ones better
Scriffer
AG
Agreed.

Seems like that would fall squarely in the If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It category.
First Page Last Page
Page 861 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.