Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,567,296 Views | 62479 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by wessimo
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll enter a bracket when I get a little time. It's been a busy couple of days here. Can't wait to give some beer up!
AgEng06
AG
I was gifted a Dragon's Milk Reserve Vanilla Chai today. Anyone had it, and should I drink it now or let it sit for a while?
La Fours
AG
That's wonderful news. Congrats.
maca1028
Congrats!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Congratulations man! Awesome day for you guys!
Hudson2508
AG
Congrats Kyle. That's awesome. Getting really close to our due date in July.
Kyle98
AG
Thanks guys! This is our first as well. We're a bit overwhelmed, but we're figuring it out! You guys who are also expecting are going to love it. I haven't stopped smiling yet.

I don't have all that much that's out of the ordinary to contribute, but I'm in for March Madness as well.
txag2008
AG
Same here
fav13andac1)c
AG
Congrats, buddy!
62strat
AG
quote:
Just got home from the hospital, and cracked this open to celebrate the birth of my daughter!

Congrats!

We just had our second a few weeks ago, with a 15 month old at home.

Life is very different then 1.5 years ago, and I can't imagine it any different now.
Got 2 boys, 1 shy of my power trio.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
Just got home from the hospital, and cracked this open to celebrate the birth of my daughter!

Congrats!

Life is very different then 1.5 years ago, and I can't imagine it any different now.

My dad is one of three boys, and I'm the oldest of three boys. Between the two of them, my brothers have 4 boys. To say us having a girl was a surprise is an understatement! We didn't find out beforehand, so when I announced in the OR "its a girl!" my wife said "are you sure?"

My dad is super excited about getting a grand daughter, that's for sure. One brother said "yeah, I don't know what to do with those!" He has three boys.
jcbaggie04
AG
Congrats Kyle! That's great news and definitely worth the celebration. I am somewhere in between dave99 and jock, 2-4 weeks til my baby girl shows up. I have a 2014 bourbon barrel temptress saved back for her arrival.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Congratulations
maca1028
In on the bracket.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Congrats!

My dad is one of three boys, and I'm the oldest of three boys. Between the two of them, my brothers have 4 boys. To say us having a girl was a surprise is an understatement! We didn't find out beforehand, so when I announced in the OR "its a girl!" my wife said "are you sure?"

My dad is super excited about getting a grand daughter, that's for sure. One brother said "yeah, I don't know what to do with those!" He has three boys.
yeh I'm in the same boat. I'm one of two boys. My brother has two boys. My dad is one of two boys, his brother has two boys, and those two cousins of mine have 4 kids all boys between them. We had no hesitation we'd end up with boys.
army01
AG
Man...how do you folks with multiple boys do it? I have a 6 year old daughter and my son just turned 3. He is a damn handful. Fun like no other, but sometimes, it's like living with an old college buddy. If I don't watch out, that som***** will start drinking my beer. Then argue with me that it's his beer.
La Fours
Kyle98
AG
It's posts like this that make me want to subscribe for the laugh/cry icon.
Hickory High
AG
Just realized I'll be at Other Half and Torst in New York on St. Patty's Day. Oh boy.
maca1028
quote:
Man...how do you folks with multiple boys do it? I have a 6 year old daughter and my son just turned 3. He is a damn handful. Fun like no other, but sometimes, it's like living with an old college buddy. If I don't watch out, that som***** will start drinking my beer. Then argue with me that it's his beer.

Yes!
Bmac04
AG
Congrats on the new addition!
62strat
AG
quote:
I think the same about girls.. small part of me wanted one, but now I don't have to worry about the drama, the makeup, the clothes, the hair, the skimpy outfits, the boyfriends.. and I'm OK with that! 2 boys to get rough and dirty with outside.

My 4 year old nephew is quite the negotiator. Simple things like, "boy we can do that later, first let's do this" are countered with "if we do this now, then we may not have time for that later, and I want to do that more than this, so I'm thinking we should do that now, and if we have time, we do this later"

The bold part is his favorite negotiating tactic. That or, 'but my plan is to'... wtf.. YOUR PLAN?!?! you're 4.
62strat
AG
quote:
Like this one?

(not a subscriber)
DallasAggie2012
AG
Any Houston folks going to Austin and hitting Jester King this weekend? I'll be in town Monday the 21st and was looking to see if I could find someone to snag me a bottle of that Buford's Roadside Wares that releases this weekend. If someone can from Houston, I'd be willing to pay or trade some other stuff depending on your preference.
jah003
S
Currently 7 people have joined the Beer Thread BIF group. If you are still on the fence...

Kyle98
AG
quote:
quote:
Like this one?

(not a subscriber)

I always forget I can use that trick!

Hub05
AG
June and July were busy months for the Beer Thread. We have a girl on the way at the end of April.

I will get in on the bracket challenge later this week. I have plenty of out of distro stuff so putting together a box wont be too hard.
dave99ag
AG
Any issue with my wife putting in an entry too?
Scriffer
AG
I have no problem with it. She's a friend of the thread.

Also what recs do y'all have for BBQ around Fredericksburg? Franklin's isn't in the cards for this trip, unfortunately.
La Fours
AG
Depends on which team she picks to go the farthest. A&M or baylol.
AggieOO
quote:
I have no problem with it. She's a friend of the thread.

Also what recs do y'all have for BBQ around Fredericksburg? Franklin's isn't in the cards for this trip, unfortunately.

Can't hit one of the other Austin places that are almost as good but don't have the line?
jah003
S
quote:
Any issue with my wife putting in an entry too?

Nope. However... I'm fairly certain she'll make us all look bad.
Scriffer
AG
That's what we're trying to do. Just looking for the best option.
jah003
S
quote:
That's what we're trying to do. Just looking for the best option.

Micklethwait is a solid option with zero line. Plus you can drive by Franklin and laugh at everyone.
maca1028
I've been sitting on this one for about a year, drinking very smooth right now.

BTHOtu!
First Page Last Page
Page 864 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.