Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,148 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Heck we might as well start drinking some summer beers right now. Going to hit the 80's this week in Dallas.
62strat
AG
And 70 in Denver metro.

We haven't even touched a winter temp since our blizzard on Feb. 1 and 2.
dave99ag
AG
Enjoying some beers at B-52. Been awhile and wanted to come out before the little guy arrives in a few weeks.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Where can one find this Queen of the Mist?
I got it at What's on Tap in Highland Village. It's pretty limited release, I believe. It's their Salty Lady aged in cabernet barrels and with tart cherries added.
Kyle98
AG
Opened my Westy tonight, very tasty. Had family over and did a blind taste test with it and my homebrewed quad, and 5 for 5 mine won. Pretty happy about that!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Baller.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty good glad I got one but only one. Don't know if I'd buy another. Very boozy

MW13
AG
quote:
quote:
I got it at What's on Tap in Highland Village. It's pretty limited release, I believe. It's their Salty Lady aged in cabernet barrels and with tart cherries added.

Ya that sounds awesome.

Also Fort Worth area people my wife told me she saw a new place called Drunken Donkey that appears to have pretty good selection. Don't know much about it but I'll give it a try sometime soon.
dixie whiskey
AG
anyone tried bayou teche miel sauvage? the whole braggot/honey beer thing is one style I'm a little late to the game on, but I'm digging this one. don't have much to compare it to really, although I really like the lone pint braggot as well. still hoping to try strangeland's. then again, I only recently tried mead, and after a very limited sample size, I think I like the crafted (I think that's their name) dry hopped blackberry mead best so far. if anyone has any relatively easy to find braggots (or even mead) to recommend, I'd love to hear them. a little change of pace from the usual ipa/stout/wild ale couldn't hurt.
Bmac04
AG
quote:

WOB Arlington has it on tap now
maca1028
Any one of you Austin folks mind going up to Hops and Grain and grabbing me a few bottles of Volumes of Oak? Thanks!
Hudson2508
AG
Is it just the normal Porter Culture Volumes of Oak or they releasing something new?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
A few places have already started releasing BBH Chocolate apparently. I got three and another Kentucky Habit last night at N Shepherd/11th Kroger, and I heard there were some other places here and in Dallas that already put them out.
gordo97
AG
Opened up a bottle of Fra-gee-lay that I had sitting in the fridge for a couple of years..... Man it did not age well at all.... It kinda tasted like a bad sour
Inspector Spacetime
AG
You should contact Karbach at 713-680-2739 and see if there is an exchange or anything being done for FraGeeLay. I could swear I met someone in the Karbach Biergarten once who was there to trade in theirs for the same issue. Just tell them what you told me about the bad sourness and see what they say. Can't hurt.
Post removed:
by user
gordo97
AG
quote:
You should contact Karbach at 713-680-2739 and see if there is an exchange or anything being done for FraGeeLay. I could swear I met someone in the Karbach Biergarten once who was there to trade in theirs for the same issue. Just tell them what you told me about the bad sourness and see what they say. Can't hurt.

Can I bring back an empty bottle? I didn't save the beer
maca1028
quote:
Is it just the normal Porter Culture Volumes of Oak or they releasing something new?

I think it's just the new batch maybe
dave99ag
AG
Found a little brewery outside of San Marcos on 12 called Middleton. Decent brews and pretty cool vibe. Live music and all that good stuff.
maca1028
quote:
Found a little brewery outside of San Marcos on 12 called Middleton. Decent brews and pretty cool vibe. Live music and all that good stuff.

I went there a while back when they were a little further down the road and haven't been back, heard their new place was nice.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Damn fine for a Sunday overcast afternoon.

Release #58. I've had another release or 2 of theirs, not sure how much they differ all of them. Anyone have any of the early releases and know how they compare to the later ones?
Flying Crowbar
AG

Looking into the Abyss on Valentine's Day. Wow.
La Fours
AG
I didn't like the one I had a few years ago. It tasted like what I would imagine an ash tray to taste like. And no bourbon at all.
Hub05
AG
It took me a while, but I finally have my beer fridge set up and stocked. If anyone is ever in Tyler, there is no shortage of beer to share.

Hudson2508
AG
Whoa, now that is a beer fridge.
MW13
AG
quote:
It took me a while, but I finally have my beer fridge set up and stocked. If anyone is ever in Tyler, there is no shortage of beer to share.

Ho Lee ...

Well done sir!

I had some abita earlier with oysters and now a holiday bonus after a great steak so it's been a good day.
La Fours
AG
Damn. Nice.

What part of Tyler do y'all live? My brother lives on the south side of town off Old Jacksonville.
62strat
AG
Nice and seems easy to see all the labels on each shelf.

Don't know about the label art though! You in college?
corndog04
AG
Went to the coast for the weekend for the Ft. George Festival of Dark Arts. Tons of big stouts with funny names. We tried Stone Xocoveza, Perennial Abraxis, FW Parabajava, Avery Mephistopheles, FW XIX Anniversary, plus some more local stuff. All first timers for me.

Had a few beers at the cabin, too.

And made a detour on the way home (plus a couple of extras from the cabin that we didn't get to).
Jason_Ag98
AG
First time trying BBT tonight - damn good stuff. Was planning to age my second bottle for comparison but it will be hard to resist drinking it soon.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Hub05
AG
Between chapel hill and arp..... fyi we had this conversation before the Alabama game while drinking jah's vanilla rye and eating bsd's meat . now you should be able to put a screen name to a face.
maca1028
quote:
Went to the coast for the weekend for the Ft. George Festival of Dark Arts. Tons of big stouts with funny names. We tried Stone Xocoveza, Perennial Abraxis, FW Parabajava, Avery Mephistopheles, FW XIX Anniversary, plus some more local stuff. All first timers for me.

Had a few beers at the cabin, too.

And made a detour on the way home (plus a couple of extras from the cabin that we didn't get to).

First Page Last Page
Page 846 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.