Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,208 Views | 62614 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by jh0400
dixie whiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
picked up some karbach 3 legged lab. I drink a lot of karbach because it's a cheap, above average, local option, but outside of the fun series and bbh (both of which have produced some excellent beers) I've never really thought they did anything really great, save maybe hop delusion.

but damn this is a really ****ing good stout. normally I go with clown shoes, ten fidy, or maybe evil twin now that theyre in texas when I want a non ba non coffee stout, but I could honestly see this mostly replacing or at worst sharing space with those in my beer rotation. karbach killed it with this one.

gonna likely try the beer camp tropical ipa next, though I drank the mix pack 2 or 3 years ago so I guess I've tried it? I don't really remember what all was in that mix pack but I assume all these releases stem from that? **** if I know
Kyle98
AG
No, she was born in Baton Rouge and grew up in Round Rock her parents moved to Elgin more recently.
evan_aggie
AG
I've had my second Live Oak Hef poured from a can into a chilled mug.

Anyone else have comments or opinions? I've been drinking Live Oak Hef for many years since i moved to Austin in 2005. I can normally tell a difference in brew batches at this point. Some are a little more bitter, or tart, or mild.

I have to say Live Oak from the 2 cans ive had tastes a bit subdued and perhaps slightly flat. I'm used to a really "bright" flavor profile and almost a tang. This is way more smooth and dull. I can taste some earthy banana, but this is not quite what id expect if served from a tap.
Kashchei
AG
The chilled mug can alter the taste of beer. If you have one, try pouring it into a room temperature hefe or pilsner glass. Or at the very least go with a tulip.
jah003
S
quote:
I've had my second Live Oak Hef poured from a can into a chilled mug.

evan_aggie
AG
Lol. Roger.

It was sort of warm at the time so i just poured out into one for the sake of cooling it.
dave99ag
AG
This isn't Nam, Dude. There are rules. You don't chill glasses.
NColoradoAG
When in Rome

https://instagr.am/p/BAp3MJjx-G1
BSD
AG
'15 bourbon vanilla dark lord for ****s and giggles

Hub05
AG
Can I drink from your spit cup?
BSD
AG
I'm a swallower today!
jetch17
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone get any bottles of Petite Golden Sour by Collective Brewing this weekend?

I guess it was their first bottle release. My local bottle shop sold out in a few minutes apparently since they only got 12 bottles. I'm pretty bummed I missed it since everything I've had on tap from them has been nails.
Chipotlemonger
AG

Nice IPA tonight.
Scriffer
AG
Been downing a lot of Squatters and Wasatch in Park City this week
Jack Thauer
AG
2015 BCBS tonight for me....damn that **** is good.

Best value of any bourbon barrel beer ever imo...17oz of awesomeness for $10
62strat
AG
You got the elusive 22oz BCBS bomber huh?
62strat
AG
Chilled glasses are fine in my book.

Just not frozen glasses. I do keep some pint glasses in the fridge. It is the same temp as the beer, so it's not making it too cold like a frozen glass. And for styles best enjoyed at fridge temps (most regular styles of beer; ipas, lagers, ambers, etc.), it can keep it there longer.

Now a style best enjoyed warmer, like Belgians or barleywines, a chilled glass is only prolonging the desired temp.
army01
AG
All your Speedway are belong to us.
Scriffer
AG
Link didn't work for me, Army, but I just saw this tweet.

62strat
AG
I always see alesmith on the shelf, but never the speedway stout. I don't know if they just make a lot less of it, or if people have continued to buy it when it arrives.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Pumped for Alesmith to make it here! The Speedway Stout is a great beer. I was lucky enough to have the Hawaiian Speedway Stout this weekend, and it definitely did not disappoint. Excited to try all their other offerings now.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Anyone get any bottles of Petite Golden Sour by Collective Brewing this weekend?

I guess it was their first bottle release. My local bottle shop sold out in a few minutes apparently since they only got 12 bottles. I'm pretty bummed I missed it since everything I've had on tap from them has been nails.
They also had a sour red bottled back in October. I visited them around Halloween and they told me that was the only thing they'd bottled to that point. It was really good when I had it on tap, so the one bottle I got will probably get a fair amount of aging before I try it again.
army01
AG
Halls is saying no limits on the Speedway, so they must have gotten a decent amount of it. Of course, they probably got the entire allotment for Tarrant County, so us westsiders are SOL.
Jack Thauer
AG

Whatever. Had waaaaay too much to drink last night
maca1028
Is figlet any good? A few places in the Houston area got it, just wondering if it's worth picking up a bottle.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Is figlet any good? A few places in the Houston area got it, just wondering if it's worth picking up a bottle.

Batch 1 was okay, nothing to write home about.

This batch could be a big improvement, just like some of their other batch improvements.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
Been downing a lot of Squatters and Wasatch in Park City this week

Me too. Had quite a few Moab's as well. Had a nice ipa on the mountain yesterday in a tall boy can but I can't remember the brewery.
Hudson2508
AG

New beer cellar fridge......I need to start drinking faster because I couldn't fit everything in here.

Also, I put my three bottles of Cantillon on their side since that's how they cellar their own beer. Hope I don't regret it.
La Fours
AG
Nice set up and nice beers.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Picked this up while I was in NY a month ago.

Pipeworks (Chicago) Close Encounter Hopped Up Stout
Pretty awesome. Can't remember if I've had a Hopped Stout before, but this is great.
Hudson2508
AG
What were your favorite beer spots (bars and bottle shops) you found there? We are heading there in March and I've started scouting spots.
dave99ag
AG
Drive an hour down to 3 Floyds and enjoy some Zombie Dust straight from the source.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Drive an hour down to 3 Floyds and enjoy some Zombie Dust straight from the source.

Muncie, IN is a lot longer than an hour drive from NYC.
First Page Last Page
Page 829 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.