Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,716,557 Views | 62710 Replies | Last: 17 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jason_Ag98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Been looking for something similar. Where'd you get it?
dave99ag
AG
Well damn. I read the Pipeworks and Chicago only.

Hell, still drive down to 3 Floyds even if in NY.
Hudson2508
AG
Amazon Prime sir, it's a Danby Beverage Center. Had a lot of gift card money from Xmas so made sense.
AgEng06
AG
Nice.

I have a Danby mini-fridge being delivered tomorrow for the same reason. I went with the 4.4 cu ft fridge without freezer, but I really like the way that bev center looks. I'm hoping I'll have room for some large format bottles because I have a lot of them.
Hudson2508
AG
When you get it filled post a pic. Want to see how much, if any, additional space you get over mine. Almost did the same as you but liked the look of the clear door.
AgEng06
AG
Will do. I like the clear door as well, but decided against it since mine will be in a garage.

I will also probably end up with 2 of them, and plan on keeping them at different temps for different beer styles.
Hudson2508
AG
The only real complaint I have is the awkward height of bombers make the third rack basically worthless. Cans do fit upright so will need to find some decent 12 ozers to cellar.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Love fridges that have customizable shelf sizing opportunities. My parents have an amazing wine fridge with wood racks that can be changed around some to different things well.

Are those shelves removable? Maybe you can pull and hack saw up a solution.
NColoradoAG
quote:
I will also probably end up with 2 of them, and plan on keeping them at different temps for different beer styles.
Some of you guys are really overthinking your beer drinking.
cpscAG06
AG
Having a 2015 BCBBW tonight. Definitely tastes different than the last two years. Still pretty tasty though.
dixie whiskey
AG
so I really ****ing like love child 6. I guess this is the first time straying from the Flanders red blend with bourbon barrel quad, in favor of a pretty tasty sour blonde. I understand that they'll be back to normal for 7, but this is excellent
Robert C. Christian
AG
I recommend Torst, it can be a bit of a pain to get there, but the beer list and bar itself are amazing.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Hah, yeh really. Different temps for cellaring. This is getting out of control!
BSD
AG
Different temps for drinking? Fine
Different temps for cellaring? Not needed.

The only tweet in cellaring that I do is that I'll never store a brett beer with my wine. I doubt there is a real risk but I'm not willing to take that chance.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

quote:
The only tweet in cellaring that I do is that I'll never store a brett beer with my wine. I doubt there is a real risk but I'm not willing to take that chance.

Please expand. Would gasses escape the beer and enter the wine? If so, I need to rethink where I store my wine. Though, I mostly keep my reds in a dark closet, but I've got a few whites that I cellar for a year or so at a time.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
What were your favorite beer spots (bars and bottle shops) you found there? We are heading there in March and I've started scouting spots.
Torst in Brooklyn and Cannibal in Manhattan were my favorites. Cannibal I liked a little more, since Torst was a little too Brooklyn hipster for me. Fantastic beer selection at both.

Favorite, just chill beer bar was Blind Tiger in the West Village. There are a ton of great beer places in the Villages though.

The bottle shop we went to was Beer Boutique in Williamsburg (Brooklyn). Great guy in there and he brought out a few beers that weren't on the shelves but that he knew I couldn't get back in Texas. We went to Brookyln Brewery and Beer Boutique is only a few blocks away. Brooklyn Brewery was fun, but their beers have always been just decent to me. They do have a pretty cool set up there though.

Edit: If you do go to both Brooklyn Brewery and Beer Boutique, there is a badass pizza shop in between both of them call Best Pizza which is a great place to sober up a little (or get further drunk since they have Six Point in cans).
ChipFTAC01
AG
Any of you Denver people been to/had Living the Dream brewery in Highlands Ranch? Found out a friend of mine is working there. How's the beer?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
The only real complaint I have is the awkward height of bombers make the third rack basically worthless. Cans do fit upright so will need to find some decent 12 ozers to cellar.
Karbach Three Legged Lab! (new Imperial Stout in cans)
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oops... Let me rephrase/expand on what I meant. I meant one fridge for cellaring beers, and one for keeping "lesser" beers cold so I don't take up space in my house fridge.
Two Down
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oops... Let me rephrase/expand on what I meant. I am a total schlong.
Fixed for you.
AgEng06
AG
Eat it dude.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks for the tips Joe, will definitely add those to my bar list. Not sure I'll make it to the brewery but might if we're in the area.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had my first three legged lab last night. Very good.
AggieOO
quote:
quote:
Brooklyn Brewery was fun, but their beers have always been just decent to me. They do have a pretty cool set up there though.

i use to live walking distance from Brooklyn Brewery. I spent MANY, MANY friday nights there drinking beer and playing massive games of thumper.
BSD
AG
quote:

quote:

Please expand. Would gasses escape the beer and enter the wine? If so, I need to rethink where I store my wine. Though, I mostly keep my reds in a dark closet, but I've got a few whites that I cellar for a year or so at a time.
I'm paranoid. Critters like brett will destroy a bottle of wine if it gets thru the cork. Will brett be active at 55 degrees to make its way to the bottles and thru the cork? Highly doubtful, but I'm a little girl when it comes to my wine collection.
Jock 07
AG
This looks interesting
Hudson2508
AG

I love this brewery, thanks again BMac.
62strat
AG
quote:
Any of you Denver people been to/had Living the Dream brewery in Highlands Ranch? Found out a friend of mine is working there. How's the beer?

I made it out there last year. Good stuff, and a great vibe.

There's another one just around the corner too, can't remember the name.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/320xq90/r/905/7RFyhY.jpg

New beer cellar fridge......I need to start drinking faster because I couldn't fit everything in here.

Also, I put my three bottles of Cantillon on their side since that's how they cellar their own beer. Hope I don't regret it.
Are the racks adjustable? How much space would it take up if you wanted to stand the 750s upright? I might be shopping for a fridge in the near future
Hudson2508
AG
The racks are adjustable. Quite a few ways to adjust them as well.

My bottom rack is set up and has 750's behind the beers in front. You can fit 3 rows of 750s with the way I have it set up. There's a small jut out on the bottom that takes away another row of space that the top racks have. If I had more 750s I might consider lowering the bottom rack to get more space for them.
Post removed:
by user
Chipotlemonger
AG
Prairie >$10 12 oz. bottles.... A love hate relationship
army01
AG
I just bought a coffee okie as well. Couldn't stop myself...but I also picked up 2 speedway stouts.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Got me a Speedway Stout yesterday.

Also picked up this sexy IPA. One of the best I've had, at least to my taste.

Inspector Spacetime
AG
Just wrapping up day 1 of 4 here in Denver. Spent most of the day in Boulder with my aunt, including a trip to Avery and an awesome meal of duck poutine accompanied by at least 10 different flight/snifter pours.

Had a nap and am now closing out the day at a mostly-empty Falling Rock Tap House. Kicked it off with my first draught Pliny, Crooked Stave Vielle, followed with tastes of Trinity (CO Springs) Cherry Threads (best thing I've had all day), and I'll probably call it a night after a 2014 River North BBA Avarice belgian Imp Stout.

I can't believe I still have 3 more full days here!
First Page Last Page
Page 830 of 1792

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.