Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,430 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by swampstander
Bmac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nice little share yesterday to celebrate my buddy getting a new job and moving out of state.

BSD
AG
Holy Mary mother of God! How are you even awake right now? Of yeah, the baby. Thoughts and prayers for your hangover.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What are those westbrooks over on the left?

Hudson2508
AG
Looks like Mexican Cake variants I think.

That is an insane lineup.
BSD
AG
While my **** wasn't quite as hard as Bmac's, I stumbled into some BCBS goodness last night in Chicago.

Add some Kuma's burgers in that mix and I'll call it a damn good night.
MW13
AG
Can you get this at stores or just bars and restaurants?
Jock 07
AG
How was the proprietors this year and how much?
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's 16.9 oz, but yep still stupid. Not Rare stupid, but stupid.
What is stupid about a luxury good being priced at what the market will bear?
What's stupid to me is the increase in price over the last few years. $18 for 48 oz to $20 (or more for variants) for 33.8 oz.
it's really stupid to you that a company raises their price when a demand continues to increase???

I mean, would you not do the same thing?
jh0400
AG
Has demand for the regular increased? From what I've seen it sat around for a few weeks this year when it was gone in a day in years past.
Hudson2508
AG
I was also wondering if they produced more this year. That could explain it sitting on the shelves.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Has demand for the regular increased? From what I've seen it sat around for a few weeks this year when it was gone in a day in years past.

I think for Texas, the demand is still pretty high as we are a new market. But yes there are places where it does sit on shelves for a few weeks.
62strat
AG
I'm sure production has increased. But with years and years of it flyin if the shelf, I'm sure it had something to do with the price increase. Plus it's accompanied with an entire new look, design and size.

It's sitting in TX.. Is it sitting anywhere else? Def. not in CO.
maca1028
It's a bar only release, I don't think it was worth the price but I bought it in support of a local place that's trying to increase their craft beer selection.
Jock 07
AG
Multiple stores here have multiple cases still left here.
Bmac04
AG
quote:
What are those westbrooks over on the left

2015 BA variants - Bourbon and Cognac
Bmac04
AG
quote:
While my **** wasn't quite as hard as Bmac's, I stumbled into some BCBS goodness last night in Chicago.

What did you think about this year's Prop?
62strat
AG
quote:
Multiple stores here have multiple cases still left here.
let me rephrase; not anywhere around me in south Denver.

BSD
AG
quote:
quote:

What did you think about this year's Prop?

Awesome for the style, but I'm not much on chilis in my stouts. Therefore, I like the coconut Prop of years past better. The Regal Rye was a fun beer and a great contrast to the Prop. We mixed them together a bit for fun.
Bmac04
AG
I really enjoyed it. Didn't get much heat but very sweet upfront from the maple and pecans. Glad I liked it becasue when I get home last night these were waiting for me
BSD
AG
Nice! No, not a lot of heat at all but I would have preferred coconut again. That said, I enjoyed it thoroughly and would gladly do so again.
Kyle98
AG
Broke this out for the Army-Navy game.

Go Army! Beat Navy!
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
It's 16.9 oz, but yep still stupid. Not Rare stupid, but stupid.
What is stupid about a luxury good being priced at what the market will bear?
What's stupid to me is the increase in price over the last few years. $18 for 48 oz to $20 (or more for variants) for 33.8 oz.
it's really stupid to you that a company raises their price when a demand continues to increase???

I mean, would you not do the same thing?
Is demand rising? I see it sitting on shelves. Something I haven't seen in the past 2 years. Don't get me wrong, you have to test the market, but I think they overshot it, at least on regular, by $2/bottle.

It could also be the same issues that Prairie is experiencing. Two years ago, when Bomb finally made it here in November, stores kept it in the back and you had to ask for it. Now, it sits for weeks.

I also hate the 500ml bottles, but mainly because it ****s up my storage system.

MW13
AG
That's what I thought but also looked like you may have had it a home so was just checking. I was hoping it was good because I really like the Christmas ale.

Anybody had Project Pam? Thoughts? I'm about to open one here in a bit.
62strat
AG
Also, unless we know production, it's possible they are sitting on shelves in some places, but they still had an increase in sales.
Kyle98
AG
I should have saved the BBH for after the game. Was that Spav calling plays for Army on that stupid ass trick play?
jh0400
AG
Went over to Brash earlier. That may be the best brewery in Houston. ***** Liquor and Cortado are both outstanding.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Had Brash ***** Wagon today at Bearded Lady in Fort Worth.

Mean, *****y service, but overall a cool little place.

Really good DIPA.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Velvet Merkin tastes like a flat whiskey and coke and is very thin.

I won't be dropping $20 on this one next year.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
Went over to Brash earlier. That may be the best brewery in Houston. ***** Liquor and Cortado are both outstanding.

They need to start making some stuff that isn't IPA or Imp Stout but their beers are solid top to bottom. Would be curious to try a barley wine of theirs, and I really look forward to Vulgar Display out of Bourbon barrels.
jh0400
AG
I like IPAs and Imperial Stouts. The fact that they focus on making great versions of both and not an accessible kolsch makes me like them more.
MathNewman06
AG
Brash Ez7 is a pretty accessible pale ale, and they're about to put out a peach version.
p-wonk01
AG
quote:

Add some Kuma's burgers in that mix and I'll call it a damn good night.

Love me some Kumas Corner
p-wonk01
AG
quote:
I really enjoyed it. Didn't get much heat but very sweet upfront from the maple and pecans. Glad I liked it becasue when I get home last night these were waiting for me

Where is mine?
maca1028
Does anyone know of any good bottle shops in Huntington Beach?
jetch17
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 804 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.