Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,405 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by steve00
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't find any carb issues with my bottle. My complaint was that I found the barrel characteristics lacking and a bit on the thin side. I probably won't buy another either though.
Jock 07
AG
Fixing to open a bottle of bodacious that I found in the back of the fridge, a bit worried it's well past its prime.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
I didn't find any carb issues with my bottle. My complaint was that I found the barrel characteristics lacking and a bit on the thin side. I probably won't buy another either though.

It had carbonation but the flavor was like a flat whiskey and coke.
Jock 07
AG
This years vintage? Then I respectfully disagree. Glad I didn't drop 20 bucks on it though.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
This years vintage? Then I respectfully disagree. Glad I didn't drop 20 bucks on it though.

BBH has been the only BB beer I've been impressed with so far this year. All the other ones have made me wish I saved my money for BCBS.

I think Burleson HEB still has 4 cases left. I'm going to go get one eventually.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anyone try some of that Lakewood BB Temptress today?
NColoradoAG
Had a little blind Apricot throw down among others last night. Abricot Fermier laid waste to the competition.

https://instagr.am/p/_N-QXqR-O0
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Fair enough. And IPAs and Imperial Stouts are most of what I drink too, so maybe it's just living close enough that when I go up there for Simpsons trivia or whatever I'm already tired of the same few beers. That said, I'm probably taking for granted having some solid beers so accessible, and they do have guest taps to fill in a few other styles, so I end up ordering from about half the time.

So ok, I mostly withdraw my complaint.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Stupid Sunday beer laws. I need some lager to cook some sausage for lunch and can't get it until 12.
Jack Thauer
AG
Drank a 2014 Bourbon County during the fight last night. Man, those things are amazing.
BSD
AG
We hit up Empirical Brewing in Chicago after dinner last night. We were here about a year ago when our friends had just bought the building and were just getting started. They've made a lot of progress in the last 14 months. The taproom is relatively new and they've got about 8 beers on tap: 4 regular lineup brews and 4 BA and/or experimental brews. I had a taste of each. Good times!

Taproom bar:

Mini tanks:

Bigger tanks (and bottling line in foreground):

Bottles ready to go:

Brewery cats to keep the big ass Chicago rats away:

Jock 07
AG
Looks like cheeky monk closed their spot here at winter park.
jh0400
AG
Talked to the beer guy at HEB today, and according to him the distributor dropped the ball in ordering BCBS variants and won't commit to a date when asked when it will arrive.
jah003
S
If you are in Austin get your ass to ABW...
NColoradoAG
quote:

They closed the one at The Orchards too.
cc10106

I struck out on Abide crowlers at Brash this weekend, but Smith St. Spec's had Death by Coconut and Project Pam. After also getting the sauce I decided to cook something that kinda resembles the Mother Clucker today. Wasn't great, but I'm full and happy. The beer was okay too.
NColoradoAG
Cold and snowy today. Lots of this going down.

https://instagr.am/p/_P_DFsR-Dp

https://instagr.am/p/_P_AVHx-Di

https://instagr.am/p/_P_GfeR-D3

https://instagr.am/p/_P_JuSR-D_
Hudson2508
AG
Anyone know the best place in Austin to get a 6 pack bottle shipper that would fit JK 750's? Thinking Specs or Total Wine might have them but if y'all know a good place let me know.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Double ******* in the Rye is a lot better than Southern Charred. I hope I can remember that next year.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

They closed the one at The Orchards too.

I've seen several rounds of groupons for them over the last few months too.

If I didn't know any better I'd think they were struggling. Wonder why, they've got a home run concept.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Enjoy by 12/25 is pretty tasty - I like it better than the last batch or two.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

You couldn't wait 12 more days?
AgEng06
AG
Cut one of my 12's in half?
Hudson2508
AG
Haha, that's an idea. I might expand it to 12 but no idea how expensive it is to ship 12 bombers.

I'm going to check out the wine store by my apt tomorrow to see if they have 6ers.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
quote:

It's not Enjoy After!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not Enjoy After!

Lol. I was staring at my enjoy after when I read that.

That's weird though. I didn't like the last batch of enjoy by as much as the previous 2 batches. We must not have compatible taste buds.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I'm drinking my last Bible Belt tonight. Bomb and Bible Belt were the only things that made working in OK bearable.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Haha, that's an idea. I might expand it to 12 but no idea how expensive it is to ship 12 bombers.

I'm going to check out the wine store by my apt tomorrow to see if they have 6ers.

It's not much more than 6 bottles these days with dimensional weighting. 6 bottles is usually around $20 or $25 and 12 is going to be $35. This is assuming you use an online fedex account and not a third party shipping store.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks for the info, I might just do 12. I'll definitely do the online shipping label to avoid the 3rd party store. This is my first go around shipping beer so not sure what to expect. Going to bubble wrap the hell out of the bottles to make sure nothing breaks.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Bible Belt is one of my favorite Prairie offerings.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No clue on the shipments.

When I was I JK I saw a dude rolling off with a padded up 6 bottle plastic rolling suitcase. Looked very industrial.

Just googled and saw styrofoam containers for it as well, that you put inside cardboard. Seen those before?
Hudson2508
AG
Yep, that's what I'm looking for but they need to be extra wide to fit JK bottles. I have a 6 pack shipper but it's too small. Will try to look around tomorrow after work.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ah I see. Are those built more for the slender 750m wine bottles?

aggielax48
AG
Ran into BCBS Coffee and Barleywine at my neighborhood HEB today. Hadn't seen those variants this year.
jetch17
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 805 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.