Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,119 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by maca1028
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No bcbcs in Houston...I'll make my own den!

and consider me off the premium board for the night, sheesh, it's rough over there.
Chipotlemonger
AG
got a bag of coffee too? Nice.

How is the coffee?
Scriffer
AG
This one is for you, Sumlin.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Well had my first taste of Karbach BBHF tonight and it was excellent. Need to try the vanilla variant.
I have a bottle of BBHv that I planned on trading to steve00 for the Westys, but our trade list seems to be a pretty fluid. If he's not interested in it you're welcome to it. I have other stuff I could throw in for him that hasn't already been added to the list.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's gold
maca1028
It's pretty solid
Scriffer
AG
quote:
That's gold

Jerry Jeff said it:
"All I know is you gotta keep tryin',
Gotta laugh now just to keep from cryin'"
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Well had my first taste of Karbach BBHF tonight and it was excellent. Need to try the vanilla variant.

The vanilla is insanely good
Will I be able to find any of the vanilla around Christmas? How does the vanilla compare to BCBS vanilla rye?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
There is a new batch of non-vanilla BBH coming out any week now. It's been bottled and mentioned on social media but no official release week yet. On tap at the brewery taproom though.

Side note-- 3 Legged Lab, the 9.9% Imperial Stout should be on tap at the brewery soon and in cans in January. The first batch was brewed weeks ago.
Hudson2508
AG
AgEng if Steve passes, let's do that. I'll email you a list of things to possibly trade for it.

I'd rather let him have first choice since he's bringing some awesome beer home for us.
BSD
AG
quote:
Kyle Allen transferring. Breaking out the BCBS a little early.
I am going back to drinking. F this situation.
Whoop04
When Steve "passes", there is going to be a hell of a lot more Pliny around for the rest of us.
AgEng06
AG
Sounds good. Hopefully he'll chime in before we meet up tomorrow.
steve00
AG
quote:
When Steve "passes", there is going to be a hell of a lot more Pliny around for the rest of us.

Wait. What? There will also be a lot more FW around.

That reminds me I need to take another drive up to Santa Rosa. I have a vehicle with more hauling capacity now.
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
I have a bottle of BBHv that I planned on trading to steve00 for the Westys, but our trade list seems to be a pretty fluid. If he's not interested in it you're welcome to it. I have other stuff I could throw in for him that hasn't already been added to the list.

You can give the BBHv to Hudson. I'm good with the couple of JKs you mentioned.
jetch17
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Will I be able to find any of the vanilla around Christmas? How does the vanilla compare to BCBS vanilla rye?
ive got an extra to sling you if you want it.
Hudson2508
AG
Awesome, thanks Steve.

So on a side note. Just stopped by Friaze Liuor in Kyle and had an awesome long conversation with the owner. He sold me a bottle of H&G Volumes of Oak and we also worked out a beer trade in store. Fun chat about the ridiculousness of the beer world.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ive got an extra to sling you if you want it.

Lemme know what you want me to bring you from Colorado
jah003
S
quote:
Awesome, thanks Steve.

So on a side note. Just stopped by Fridaze Liquor in Kyle and had an awesome long conversation with the owner. He sold me a bottle of H&G Volumes of Oak and we also worked out a beer trade in store. Great guy and fun chat about the ridiculousness of the beer world.

That guy is the biggest dbag on the face of the earth. He bragged about buying Sherry Atrial and reselling it for $800. Actually posted it on his Facebook page I believe. He'll tell you to your face that the majority of limited stuff he brings in, he trads. Very rarely does it actually make his shelves...
Hudson2508
AG
Yeah that was not what he was selling to me. He was telling me how he has so much more available on his shelves than other stores because he doesn't hoarde it and create unnecessary demand for it.

What a liar apparently. Thanks for the info. Won't be giving him any more business.
Hudson2508
AG
Think Jah just set a record for exposing a guy in the shortest amount of time.
NoneGiven
AG
Any of you hop heads try this?

http://www.totalwine.com/spirits/liqueurs-cordials-schnapps/unique-flavors/hopka-hop-liqueur/p/145368750

NoneGiven
AG
Hudson2508
AG
I swear to God, exact words out of his mouth. "I only like to do $4$ trades, anyone who tries to do marked up value trades is an *******."
jetch17
AG
Robert C. Christian
AG
$800 and the buyer still has to pay shipping? Amazon has free shipping after $35. Sheesh.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

what is it? and what's BIN? Forgive me as the only trading I do is with folks here and ferrying beer for liquor store contacts between CO and TX
AgEng06
AG
Buy It Now... I believe.
AgEng06
AG
Gonna be a good night..

jah003
S
quote:
Think Jah just set a record for exposing a guy in the shortest amount of time.

If I can provide nothing else to the beer world... At least I can out dbags who try and profit off beer.
p-wonk01
AG
I've seen what BMac has been drinking today at a bottle share. He's about to shame all of us
BigTimeAlum
AG
Do we have a separate thread for trading? Or is there someplace else we talk about that/ post inventory? It'd like to get involved
Hudson2508
AG

Good birthday.
maca1028
Not bad
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
It's 16.9 oz, but yep still stupid. Not Rare stupid, but stupid.
What is stupid about a luxury good being priced at what the market will bear?
What's stupid to me is the increase in price over the last few years. $18 for 48 oz to $20 (or more for variants) for 33.8 oz.
First Page Last Page
Page 803 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.