Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,271 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by steve00
Scriffer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Just landed in Nashville. What are some good beers in the area that we can try later?

Are you on my flight?

Probably. I think 90% of Dallas Ags going to the game we're on that flight.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
Just landed in Nashville. What are some good beers in the area that we can try later?

Y'all have fun. We're not making an SEC road trip this year.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I've only been to Nashville once before and enjoyed getting hosed at Tennessee Brew Works.

Yazoo seems to be the biggest place around here. I've heard the most good thing a from Jackalope.

http://www.hopscrafts.com/

That last link is a cool beer bar in a fun area. If you have a woman with you, there is plenty of shopping around there. Post up and let them wander.
wessimo
AG
Sue by Yazoo is good stuff and a good deal (I think I paid $7 for a bomber). TN is one of the silly states where you have to go to a liquor store to buy beer over 5% abv.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Yeah I echo the Yazoo Sue sentiment as well. The brewery is pretty fun to visit because you can get a huge tasting board of like 10 or so brews on tap. Their beer laws suck, so most liquor stores that sell beer will be split into two sides because of this reason. It's more just annoying to have to check out on one side, and then walk over to the other side and get any of your higher abv beers. Strange stuff in TN.
NColoradoAG
Popped in to see if anyone was going to Nashville. Looks like several. I'm planning to hit Yazoo Brewing and The Hop Stop.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I'll be up there tomorrow through Monday with some other Aggie family. We'll be trying to hit Yazoo again, but not sure if that will happen or not. Gonna try to pick up some stuff to bring home for sure though that's not available back in TX.
jah003
S
quote:

Uhh... You're gonna have beer on your doorstep. Got anyone you trust that can grab it while you're gone?
Kyle98
AG
My wife and I get in around 6:30 tomorrow afternoon. Like I said, we're staying down in Franklin with some friends. I plan on hitting at least one brewery down there, and maybe one in Nashville proper on Saturday, if we have time. I'm also looking forward to seeing some of the Civil War battlefield stuff in Franklin, so I have to balance that all out.

In Franklin, I'm looking at Mantra Artisan Ales, which I think just opened in the last few weeks. It's a collaboration between Nashville chef Maneet Chauhan (if you watch Chopped on the Food Network, you know who she is), and the former head brewer at Cool Springs Brewery in Franklin, Derrick Morse. Looks interesting.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

Uhh... You're gonna have beer on your doorstep. Got anyone you trust that can grab it while you're gone?

Oh snap!

My folks are swinging by to pick up the dog, so I'll have them check.

Appreciate it!
Kyle98
AG
So, Mantra is less than a mile from my buddy's house, so I think I can say that I'll be visiting there for sure. It just opened on Friday.
jah003
S
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh snap!

My folks are swinging by to pick up the dog, so I'll have them check.

Appreciate it!

Looking like it might be a Saturday delivery... Not sure if I got it dropped off in time to be picked up yesterday.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
quote:
So is this year's 512 WBDPP infected or what?

That's the word on the street... I've had a couple of beer friends that I trust tell me it's infected as well.

Bought two and the one I drank tasted as expected. Hopefully the other bottle will be fine too.
AggieOO
What I'm seeing is 50/50. About half seen fine. Half seen to think it's infected.

Best comment I've seen said that if they just came out and said it was a JK collaboration, itd immediately have a 100 rating on BA.
soso33
LaFours, did you get your bottle of 512 Double Pecan Porter in CS?
La Fours
AG
No, a friend of mine in Austin got it for me. 512 doesn't distribute to BCS as far as I know. The few times I have seen their beer on tap here it was because the bar serving it drove to Austin and picked it up.
soso33
ok, thanks for the info. I love the regular pecan porter they do. I have some spies in Austin looking but it might be too late.
maca1028
La Fours
AG
Daaaaaaayum. Nice haul.
BSD
AG
Niiiiiiice.
cc10106
Southern Star's Buried Hatchet with coffee is one of the best stouts I have had recently. I always enjoyed the base, but it's on another level with the Virtue cold pressed coffee.
Hudson2508
AG
Soso, if you need a bottle let me know. I have an extra if you want it.
maca1028
Holy **** nuggets! This is good
aggiemike02
AG
Agree!!
BSD
AG
if only I still drank...

https://belgiuminabox.com/shop/home/3984-westvleteren-12-abt-2015-24-x-33-cl-wooden-westvleteren-crate.html#.Vk8yDL-b0fU
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Southern Star's Buried Hatchet with coffee is one of the best stouts I have had recently. I always enjoyed the base, but it's on another level with the Virtue cold pressed coffee.
Bartender at my local Whole Foods loves Buried Hatchet so much that he has the label art tattooed on his forearm. Now that's dedication.

Would love to try the coffee version. Is it bottled/canned or on tap only?
jh0400
AG
I'd order that as part of a group buy as long as I wasn't stuck with more than a few bottles.
BSD
AG
I'd actually take down at least 6 bottles for the cellar/parties. Think NoCol will make the order like he did the Cantillon? Oh yeah, I went there...
AggieOO
quote:
I'd order that as part of a group buy as long as I wasn't stuck with more than a few bottles.
i'd be in for a group buy. 4-6 bottles or so.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I'd actually take down at least 6 bottles for the cellar/parties. Think NoCol will make the order like he did the Cantillon? Oh yeah, I went there...
Jock 07
AG
And I'd be down for a bottle as well.
Robert C. Christian
AG
I'd be in.
Hudson2508
AG
I'm in if needed as well. Can PayPal if you order it.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
In.
Scriffer
AG
I'm in for a couple bottles too
First Page Last Page
Page 784 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.