Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,510 Views | 62645 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by FancyKetchup14
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In
Kyle98
AG
Hell, I'd be in for a couple of bottles.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would be in for sure for some bottles.
steve00
AG
How good is the Westvleteren? Is it worth buying to actually drink, or is it just a novelty item because it's hard to get?
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
How good is the Westvleteren? Is it worth buying to actually drink, or is it just a novelty item because it's hard to get?
It's really good and worth trying in my opinion, but I think whether it is better than some other readily available beers like Rochefort 10 comes down to personal preference.
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I think it's something along these lines...

BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
It's really good and worth trying in my opinion, but I think whether it is better than some other readily available beers like Rochefort 10 comes down to personal preference.
pretty much this. I like it better than Roch 10 but at what cost? It's certainly worth trying one. Steve, send me a Veritas 016 and I'll send you one of mine
steve00
AG
I don't know about that trade. I tried one of my Veritas this week and it was incredibly good. Maybe better than Cable Car. I only have 2 left, and a quick Google search seems to show lots of Belgian sites that will ship single bottles of Westvleteren to the US. I don't need a case for $300, but I wouldn't mind splurging for one or two.

I do kind of want that wooden box though. If I ordered the case, can someone in SoCal help me get most of the bottles shipped to people in TX who want them? I haven't had much luck shipping beer from here.
wessimo
AG
If anyone still wants pumpkinator there's a crapton at the Randalls at westheimer & shepherd for 4.00 per (half off)
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I wonder if Saint Arnold's is going to dial back how much they make next year. I'd think they'd want to keep it hard to get and if places are having to put it on sale for less than you can get Sailing Santa to move it then maybe that happens. That or they allocate less to Houston next year.
wessimo
AG
I reject sailing santa bombers. Is it that hard to pour two beers in a 24oz glass?
Jason_Ag98
AG
I guess Cascade is starting to show up in Austin:

jah003
S
quote:
quote:

If they were both sitting on shelf next to each other I'd still grab the Rochefort 10. I was not impressed with the Westy I got in a trade, but that could totally be due to cellar conditions, storage, etc.
La Fours
AG
quote:

I checked their Twitter account and it looks like Deschutes Black Butte XXVII is also available.

aggiemike02
AG
tap only
62strat
AG
quote:

Insert "prepare your anus" ewok pic.

I've got ~ $200 tied up in my 6 cascades!
I have a hard time buying them. Those plus several others are readily available near me,
62strat
AG
Top breweries in one road trip.

http://flowingdata.com/2015/10/26/top-brewery-road-trip-routed-algorithmically

Poor Texas.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Yep, I picked one up yesterday. They also have Abyss, although I don't care for that one so I passed.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Yep, I picked one up yesterday. They also have Abyss, although I don't care for that one so I passed.
You don't care for Abyss?

maca1028
Rumor going around that regular bcbs is having "label problems." Might get interesting with Black Friday around the corner.
TBomb06
AG
Based off RateBeer, so take that with a grain of salt. Rogue but no Firestone Walker? Yeah, ok...
dave99ag
AG
Seeing as how we have a little dude arriving in March, I decided to stock up a bit while in Denver last week. The bomber shipment arrived today. Really enjoyed visiting Mr. B's, Small Batch (really friendly guys) and Grapevine. Falling Rock was amazing as noted from my posts earlier. Also did a side trip down to Trinity Brewing in Colorado Springs. Doubt I'll have a haul like this for a long, long time.

62strat
AG
Yeh that line goes right through Firestone walker it looks like. That's definitely a miss.
duck79
AG
Barleywine, coffee and regal rye aren't approved. Original and Rare are approved.
Jason_Ag98
AG
WAAAAYYYY too much licorice/anise for my tastes. Not a fan.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Barleywine, coffee and regal rye aren't approved. Original and Rare are approved.
Beer guy at my HEB told me today that Texas is only getting regular BCBS, no variants. That's not right, is it?
maca1028
Damn, I'd rather have coffee than regular
corndog04
AG
quote:
quote:
You don't care for Abyss?

Speaking of the Abyss, they are adding limited batches of cognac BA and 100% Rye BA versions this year.
La Fours
AG
quote:
WAAAAYYYY too much licorice/anise for my tastes. Not a fan.
Ah, I see. I can't blame you if you don't like those flavors.
La Fours
AG
Will these be released into distro, or brew pub release only?
corndog04
AG
quote:
Will these be released into distro, or brew pub release only?

I heard distro but don't know if that has been confirmed
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Yeh that line goes right through Firestone walker it looks like. That's definitely a miss.
Looks like it goes to the east of FW but doesn't mention any breweries out east. Weird that they drew that line the way they did and not include any breweries on it
BSD
AG
quote:
I don't know about that trade. I tried one of my Veritas this week and it was incredibly good. Maybe better than Cable Car. I only have 2 left, and a quick Google search seems to show lots of Belgian sites that will ship single bottles of Westvleteren to the US. I don't need a case for $300, but I wouldn't mind splurging for one or two.

I do kind of want that wooden box though. If I ordered the case, can someone in SoCal help me get most of the bottles shipped to people in TX who want them? I haven't had much luck shipping beer from here.

The wink face meant is was joking! I'll bring you a bottles on my next Legoland trip.

As far as the box, I bought one a while back and broke it down to put it on the wall out back. I think I got it from these same guys offering the beer.

And for everyone wants a bottle, they probably won't ship to Texas. Sorry.
Hudson2508
AG
Thanks BMac, damn good beer:

No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Damn, I'd rather have coffee than regular

I've never had a coffee. I was hoping to get lucky this year. ****ing TABC...
First Page Last Page
Page 785 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.