Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,969 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by maca1028
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
F*^ked up, indeed.
jetch17
AG
Petrol posting more goodness. i thought for a split second this would be 120, but Burton Baton will do

BSD
AG
I hope there's some left tomorrow night. I have a pass so I get to go out at 6:30 with the boys. I imagine a $100 cab fare kinda night because I've got a lot of ground to cover.
Jock 07
AG
Need some quick help. Got a buddy on TDY down in COand he is in Denver right now. What are some quality dipas and barley wines he can get down there? Could he find any Pliny down there? Is DFH avaliable down there? He'll be back to ft Colin's tonight and then he'll be headed back up here tomorrow
Tia
Jock 07
AG
Forgot to mention I've already requested old ruffian deviant dales hog heaven and mararaja
BSD
AG
There are stores in CO that carry RRBC beers but I'm not sure who has Pliny in stock. The RRBC website lists who carries their products, but doesn't list which products. Perhaps our local CO expert can be of more help. If I were up there, I'd look for Odell Mercenary, which I've never tried but always wanted.
BSD
AG
Petrol tapped Stone Russian Imperial Stout. Dammit. I really hope there is some left tomorrow night. Jetch, if you can get out of the house, meet us up there tomorrow.
jetch17
AG
Balls, gon be tough tomorrow, just saw they had the stone IRS on tap... I'll let ya know if I can get out, otherwise may try and make petrol Saturday for a burger/brews
La Fours
AG
quote:
Forgot to mention I've already requested old ruffian deviant dales hog heaven and mararaja

Where do you live? Specs has all of those beers if you are near one.
Jock 07
AG
SPECS is a bit of a drive for me
La Fours
AG
How far from CS are you? Planning any trips here anytime soon?

[This message has been edited by La fours (edited 5/10/2012 8:02p).]
jetch17
AG
Jock, I've got a 4 pack of deviants ... Headed to tine anytime soon?
AggieOO
Anyone had the collaboration not litigation?
jetch17
AG
Haven't had it yet but have a bottle. My lOcal specs had a hefty stock I may go get some extras of
La Fours
AG
quote:

If you like Belgian beers you should like it. It wasn't for me though.
AggieOO
Belgians are my favorite. Picked up that and a salvation.
Jock 07
AG
Hey jetch I appreciate the offer but no plans to head back to the tine anytime soon. Buddy was able to get me everything except the pliny. Gonna try to make it back for the Florida game in the fall if I'm able to get season tickets in July
jetch17
BSD
AG
quote:

I had it Sunday night. I need to revisit again this weekend as I was a bit tipsy when it was opened. That said, it was pretty good but I liked RR Salvation better if I recall correctly. I've never had the Avery Salvation, though. Hmmm, a side by side by side may be in the works here...
AggieOO
i had the avery salvation first and now i'm having the collaboration. i very much like both, but i think i prefer the collaboration. then again, today was my peak day of training for the week, so i've done well over 3 hours of training today. i'm fairly dehydrated and i was already feeling good halfway through the bottle of salvation.

i think i need to buy new bottles of both and re-test. obviously i can't get the RR here.
jetch17
AG
DId i see that No Label is making a mint IPA? that sounds like ass.
jh0400
AG
quote:
DId i see that No Label is making a mint IPA? that sounds like ass.

Is their goal to make **** that no one will drink?
NColoradoAG
Jock, sorry I didn't get on here last night. Was busy wathcing the Nuggets dominate the Lakers.

Pliny is out, you just missed it by about 10 days. If your friend is in Northern Colorado I'd be more than happy to meet up and give him a couple bottles from my stash.

Also, if your buddy is still around, I highly suggest getting him to go out and get you a bottle or two of Parabola, assuming you like barrel aged stouts. It's out right now, but will be gone within the next few days. Most places have 1-2 bottle limits. Here are places I know that have it around the various regions of Denver

North - Total Beverage, Westminster
South - -Davidsons Liquor or Lukas Liquor, Centennial
Downtown - Argonaut
East - Colorado Liquor Mart, Aurora
West - Mile High Wine and Spirits, Lakewood

There are a few other really good limited releases out as well. PM me if you want the rundown.

[This message has been edited by NColoradoAG (edited 5/11/2012 11:01a).]
Jock 07
AG
Not a huge fan of stouts and porters personally. I appreciate the offer for the pliny but I'm pretty sure they're on their way back already, said they're gonna get back here late tonight. Pretty happy with the haul he was able to score. I'm tryin to PCS down there and hopefully will be in the springs or denver by oct or nov

[This message has been edited by Jock 07 (edited 5/11/2012 11:28a).]
NColoradoAG
Good deal. Enjoy those brews!
62strat
AG
quote:
I still don't understand why they don't throw more weight into craft instead of half assing it with Blue Moon, Shock Top, Colorado Native,

Well hell, blue moon, and 10 years later, shock top was a gateway beer for thousands, probably tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people.. Can't knock the big guys for that. If they want to do tamed down craft beers in order to switch their 'own' drinkers, (and at the same time, think they are fooling real craft fans into buying it, though surely they aren't that ignorant) let em go for it. It will only lead those drinkers to a finer/truer craft beer once they revitalize their palates a bit with the BMC tamed versions.
62strat
AG
quote:
North - Total Beverage, Westminster
South - Davidsons Liquor or Lukas Liquor, Centennial
Downtown - Argonaut
East - Colorado Liquor Mart, Aurora
West - Mile High Wine and Spirits, Lakewood

mabye this is 'far west'.. I don't know.. but Tipsy's is where it's at. On 470, west side.

That place is seriously about as big as a walmart. They have a 'bomber' walk in fridge, it's about as big as the average sized specs.
NColoradoAG
Forgot about typsies. I don't often make it over there, but yes, that place is massive and has a lot of great beers in stock. I have found them a bit arbitrary with bottle limits. I don't necessarily agree with a 1 bottle limit on a fairly widely distributed beer when your establishment has 5 cases.
Green Fairy
AG
Well, finally snagged two Black Butte XXIII today along with a bottle of Jester Kings Mad Meg. 3 bottles of beer and $40 later I may have a beer problem.....or just a need for more $$$.
62strat
AG
NCOAG, where in town you live?

I'll be there next weekend, typsys is having their first beer event.. I think I posted it on here maybe a bit back I don't remember.

<- future Denverite.
hbc07
AG

Made a little purchase today...

BSD
AG
Nice, I was able to get the Stone IRS as well. Probably won't drink it til cooler weather hits...in December.
La Fours
AG
I just picked up a bomber of Great Divide Hercules Double IPA and Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale. I am looking forward to trying them out this weekend.
AgDrumma07
AG
quote:
Hey Drumma, Lakefront's coffee beer is pretty good too. Had thst a couple years ago while in Milwaukee.

Unfortunately we only had less than 48 hours in Milwaukee so there wasn't much time. We did venture over to the brewery but we were too early for tours.
NColoradoAG
I live up north in Greeley, but work in Denver (capitol hill). When are you moving?
First Page Last Page
Page 73 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.