Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,641,588 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by SoTxAg
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stone sublimely self righteous is good **** indeed
txaggie05
AG
Collaboration Batch #6 for me tonight. Pretty good and complex. Haven't had a Belgian in a while. Figured I should go balls to the wall for my re-introduction.

Ayinger Bräu-Weisse for the wife. Pretty good Hefe in my opinion. Not too overpowering, which is good for me since I'm not a huge wheat beer guy

[This message has been edited by Txaggie05 (edited 5/11/2012 7:25p).]
AggieOO
balls to the wall? you should have gone with a quadrupel then.
Jock 07
AG
Starting the evening with my last third coast old ale barleywine that I fished out of the back of the refrigerator. I know, not the proper glassware but at the gf's and its all she has

txaggie05
AG
Yeah, that was a bad way of putting it. Maybe I should've just said out on a limb or something like that. Point being, I didn't just fall back onto a Chimay or Maredsous
aggiespartan
AG
Having a Maui Brewing Co. Mana Wheat...wheat ale brewed with pineapple juice.

I thought it was a little odd at first, but it's growing on me.
BSD
AG
I dropped balls to the wall tonight as well, however I'm two Racer 5's deep and taking care of a drunk ass pilot. Hoping I get us to a real bar soon.
army01
AG
Where are y'all finding the black butte xxiii? I still have a bottle from last november in my beer refrigerator.
713nervy
AG
What CO breweries are tits enough to carry back with me to the Texas? I walked into Coalvine today in CO Springs and felt mildly uninspired. Bagged a couple randos but they escape me now.

[This message has been edited by 713nervy (edited 5/11/2012 10:39p).]
62strat
AG
NCOAG, Apt is in englewood, near 25.
We're pretty open for when we buy, plan to scope out areas once we're there. But all my family lives south. So we'll be looking mainly centennial/englewood/littleton/H. Ranch, but we're not ruling out parker (brand new house is cheap), or maybe west of denver.
Lease is only 6 months, we either buy or extend lease.

Greeley, dang that's a drive!

Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Where are y'all finding the black butte xxiii? I still have a bottle from last november in my beer refrigerator.

Spring Branch Spec's had quite a few on the shelf yesterday, and I noticed a few more in the back when I was asking about something else. Not sure if you're in Houston or not, but that store is on I-10 just past Voss on the north side of the freeway.

[This message has been edited by Green Fairy (edited 5/12/2012 7:58a).]
BSD
AG
The HEB at Bunker Hill had more Stone Imperial Russian Stout last night so I picked up a few more bottles.  Petrol had it on tap so I stopped by there for two pints last night.  The weather had cooled off and the rain was coming down so I thought this would be a good beer for the occasion...and it delivered.  A really solid beer.

Darkness!!!

jetch17
AG
Darkness is spreading!
BSD
AG
F' yo couch, *****!
jetch17
AG
Having a Karbach Hop Barran at Petrol
jetch17
AG
... & a Moylans Hopsickle DIPA
jh0400
AG
I had a Sympathy at lunch. Now I'm back home drinking a Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat. I'm thinking that there may be a Pliny in my future later this evening.
aggiespartan
AG
BSD, how are your July beer festival plans looking now?
BSD
AG
Ugh. Nonexistent. They moved the conference to the middle of August and I'm not even sure I can attend now. I'll keep you posted but my chances of a pdx appearance this year is at about 5% now.
AggieOO
brewing a dubbel this evening.
aggiespartan
AG
Stumptown Tart for me tonight

quote:
This year’s Stumptown Tart gathers 15-pounds of Oregon marionberries, raspberries and strawberries from local growers at Willamette Valley Fruit Company for each barrel of this tasty warm weather favorite. To give a different twist to the base beer, Brewmaster Jeff Edgerton used a new malt from Great Western Malt called “Superior Pilsen”. The team is also using wheat malt for some mouthfeel, a slight permanent haze and a lighter color that should serve to accentuate any pinks and reds extracted from the berries. In addition, one-third of the base beer will be fermented with “Ardennes” Belgian yeast to give a light Belgian character and add to the complexity of the profile.
62strat
AG
quote:
BSD, how are your July beer festival plans looking now?

Speaking of beer festivals.. just got the email from homebrewers association:

quote:
The Great American Beer Festival (GABF) Members-Only ticket pre-sale begins on Tuesday, July 31 at 10:00 AM MDT (Noon EDT, 11:00 AM CDT, 9:00 AM PDT). The general public ticket sale opens on Thursday, August 2, also at 10:00 AM MDT (Noon EDT, 11:00 AM CDT, 9:00 AM PDT).

All tickets will be available via Ticketmaster.com.

Don't forget: The Great American Beer Festival has sold out each year for the past five years, and tickets sold out in a matter of days in 2011.

Festival is Oct. 11-13.

Will be my inaugural year can't wait.
Jock 07
AG
Just a heads up Sam Adams infenium tastes like horse piss
La Fours
AG
quote:
... & a Moylans Hopsickle DIPA

How was this beer?

I'm drinking my second glass of Sublimely and it is an awesome beer. Stone did a black ale right. The malt is roasted perfectly. No hint of it being burnt. And a strong hop presence to back it up. The finishes with a good crispness and doesn't linger.
Green Fairy
AG
quote:
Just a heads up Sam Adams infenium tastes like horse piss

I had a sample a few months ago from a bottle Agmechanic bought. I thought it was OK....not really something i'd buy over and over again. Very much champagne like....which makes sense, I guess, since they used champagne yeast in the brewing process.
jetch17
AG
The Hopsickle was nice, my brother in law had a Lagunitas Lucky 13 that was tasty, as well.

The Karbach Hop Barran was pretty good, and a hoppy stout to boot which was nice.

Was gonna get into some Burton Baton but they only had it in $8 snifters.
713nervy
AG
CO Springs airport doesn't have been for sale. Buncha jerks. Was hoping to grab one last 6 pack in addition to the beer box that I checked.
hbc07
AG
PDX> COSprings. Sorry about your luck.
txaggie05
AG
Yesterday I had:

- New Belgium Shift
- Green Flash Hop Head Red
- Live Oak Schwarzbier

- Wife had a No Label El Hefe

[This message has been edited by Txaggie05 (edited 5/13/2012 1:22p).]
Marooned_n_Aggieland
What was the opinion on the El Hefe? Had one a few days ago and though it was not very good compared to Bavarian wheat beers.
txaggie05
AG
Marooned, I agree. It was drinkable enough, but not anywhere near as good as a traditional Hefeweizen
Pahdz
anyone had beers from Caldera brewing? Just noticed some cans at one of my favorite restaurants up here in OKC, but haven't seen any for sale at the liqour stores though.
hbc07
AG
I"ve had their 'Rauch Ur Bock.' Smokiest beer i've ever had. But enjoyable.
army01
AG
I'm in Austin for the weekend and it kills me that Specs and Central Market both still have Iron Thistle on the shelves. No place in DFW can keep the stuff.
jetch17
AG
Hey Rahr fanboys... Is Regulator any good? Was going to try it yesterday but couldn't do another dark
First Page Last Page
Page 74 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.