Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,838 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
dixie whiskey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
prairie brett c is really quite tasty. the hoppines is exceptional with the type of beer. it's a bit bittersweet though because I learned pirate noir is supposedly to be an Oklahoma only release. I ****ing hate that worthless mass of wasteland.
aggiemike02
AG
Jock 07
AG
A couple of my buddies are in Belgium for some music festival. Trying to get them to bring me back some cantillon.
NoneGiven
AG
Edit: Realized I can't read.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Damn, was definitely hoping to get some Pirate Noir in Houston. Pirate Bomb may be my favorite Bomb so far, and I just had the apple brandy last week for the first time.
jetch17
AG
The pic of the line at JK posted for the atrial release looks retarded
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Where's the pic?
jah003
S
quote:
quote:

Where's the pic?

#whalezbro
SecoKid
AG
Yeah, its insane here. I said screw that line and I am just enjoying a few glasses on tap.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Where's the pic?

#whalezbro
wessimo
AG
At least it's cool outside.... oh wait...
jetch17
AG
I got swampsac just looking at it
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Picked up some w00tstout and brett c and couldn't help but have the latter as soon as possible. Really nice. Also was surprised at the price of the w00tstout, given its abv and partial bba. 7.99... think that was mismarked? What'd the rest of you pay?

Chipotlemonger
AG
LOLOL **** that line.
dixie whiskey
AG
if it allows you any hope at all, what I heard about pirate noir being Oklahoma only isn't anything official. just word of mouth from someone I find well enough plugged in to all that. anythings possible.
Bmac04
AG
F that line! I was there at open yesterday and it was about an hour line. My buddy that went at open today said he waited 2 1/2 hours for his bottle. Glad I skipped JK today and decided to stay home and open some bottles with friends.

Quincey P. Morris
AG
Jester King just tweeted that Atrial is now sold out in both bottles and draft.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Jester King just tweeted that Atrial is now sold out in both bottles and draft.

Damn. That didn't take long.
maca1028
Birthday party is over, kids are in bed, time for the adults to take over.
CollinAB
AG
Hah. Screw that line. I just got some $5 quarts of Lagunitas Sucks from Whichcraft here in Austin. That'll work for me.

EDIT: Also for w00tstout I paid $9.49. Was totally cool with that. $7.99 is a great deal.
cc10106
quote:
Yeah, its insane here. I said screw that line and I am just enjoying a few glasses on tap.
I would have done the same, but showing up early before opening was a good idea. What line? Not the one that went back further than I could see.
cc10106

As for the actual beer, it's the best Atrial blend I've tried. Hype met.
Bmac04
AG
Anyone else notice the new changes on BA for commenting on threads? Getting really tired of BA. Is talkbeer my best bet?
jah003
S
quote:
Anyone else notice the new changes on BA for commenting on threads? Getting really tired of BA. Is talkbeer my best bet?

Yes, move there and never look back. But first, get yourself banned on BA for fun...
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:

Yes, move there and never look back. But first, get yourself banned on BA for fun...

Everyone on here use the same handle for talkbeer? I've never visited the site
Chipotlemonger
AG
Speaking of beer forum subjects, what does everyone here have in their fridge/cellar currently?

Here's my lineup:

Cans for the pool - bombshell blonde, four corners super bee saison, wasatch apricot Hefeweizen

Too many to name all. Interesting one is a Hermitage Boysenberry sour.

Mostly my haul from jah recently. A half dozen JK's.

For fun, my 6 bottle wine fridge. The best one has to be a Chateua Montelena 2012 Cab that I'm saving for a special occasion. Have really put a dent in my wine stock recently. Normally have about 15 mixed bottles on hand. Right now only 8.

Not pictured: Elevation Raspberry Gulch. Excellent fruit beer for us that like them.
Jock 07
AG
InBev trying to have a sense of humor?

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I still can't believe I haven't been banned from BA.

It's bubbling under the surface right now though. All the imminent "what should I do when I visit for GABF" threads will probably result in me mouthing off and getting banned. I will inevitably see Todd at some point that week and then I can shake his hand and thank him for finally putting me out of my misery.
BSD
AG
Do it. Do it.
jetch17
AG
I'm starting to get a boner for our California trip

Just gotta make it through this week.
BSD
AG
Horse rocket!!!!
jetch17
AG
Hey, so how is RRBC on a Sunday? Totally ass jammed?

We prolly won't get there til late morning and have reservations at bouchon in yountville that night. Hopefully get a couple hours of sample trays and masturbating in
Scriffer
AG
We got there around 1:00 on Sunday and waited well over an hour to get in. This was on Memorial Day weekend, so that may have played into it.
SecoKid
AG
We had that exact same day (lunch at RRBC, dinner at bouchon) a few weeks ago and it was the best day of our trip. We got there at 11:15 on Sunday and got seated about 12. So I would show up at 10:30-10:45.
jetch17
AG
Great, thanks!

We're picking up our rental in SF at 8am that day, so it sounds like we'll be there plenty early after cruisin up
First Page Last Page
Page 727 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.