Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,639,346 Views | 62606 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by La Fours
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jeeze, do they do any beer that isn't fruited or soured?
NColoradoAG
quote:
So who's looking at getting GABF tickets next week? I'm shooting for the Thursday session and maybe hang out up in Denver Fri & Sat for other festivities.

What the Funk for me on Wednesday night. Attending the Thursday GABF session. Hopefully hitting a couple good tappings Friday morning/afternoon. Pouring for WeldWerks in the new Meet the Brewers hall on Friday night. Probably go to Fainting Goat Saturday to watch us BTHO the Piggies.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Jeeze, do they do any beer that isn't fruited or soured?

No. All they do is barrel aged wild ales. I don't care for many of their brews, especially at the crazy prices, but Sang Noir and Blueberry are consistently good. I find all their beers to be very lactic. If you like your teeth to grind after each sip, pick up their Kriek.
62strat
AG
I really enjoyed the bourbonic, like someone else said it has such a smooth sourness to it. But I'd never buy t again at $40+. Maybe high teens. I don't know why they have such high price points.
I have a sang at home and a few others. Looking forward to trying them.
La Fours
AG
Awesome. Tyler is where I grew up. My brother and his family still live there. Maybe next month when I am up there, we can grab a beer somewhere.
maca1028
I thought the blackcap raspberry was pretty mellow on tap...different story in the bottle.
dave99ag
AG
Prairie Brett C this evening. Might crack a bottle of w00tstout.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I really enjoyed the bourbonic, like someone else said it has such a smooth sourness to it. But I'd never buy t again at $40+. Maybe high teens. I don't know why they have such high price points.
I have a sang at home and a few others. Looking forward to trying them.
Yup prices are pretty ridiculous. Bought that bottle 15% off and split it with two other guys. That was the only cascade I've ever bought.
La Fours
AG
What's this prairie Brett c you are drinking?
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
So who's looking at getting GABF tickets next week? I'm shooting for the Thursday session and maybe hang out up in Denver Fri & Sat for other festivities.

What the Funk for me on Wednesday night. Attending the Thursday GABF session. Hopefully hitting a couple good tappings Friday morning/afternoon. Pouring for WeldWerks in the new Meet the Brewers hall on Friday night. Probably go to Fainting Goat Saturday to watch us BTHO the Piggies.
Missed out on the WTF tickets but I'll be getting back from Hawaii the night before anyhow. Booked the Sheraton downtown for Thursday night. Considering rare beer.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Missed out on the WTF tickets but I'll be getting back from Hawaii the night before anyhow. Booked the Sheraton downtown for Thursday night. Considering rare beer.

There's still GA WTF tickets available. I also have two GAs I need to unload
NColoradoAG
WeldWerks Saison is titties. We're gonna be taking home hardware from GABF.
dave99ag
AG
quote:
What's this prairie Brett c you are drinking?

Just arrived at HEB TP. It's brewed with cascade and citra and a touch of sea salt. Add in some brett b/c they like it funky. I'd grab a bottle.
La Fours
AG
Nice. I'll pick one up tomorrow.
dixie whiskey
AG
so far this week gone through buffalo bayou bananas foster, bourbon barrel aged smoke on the bayou, the new non infected batch of reindeer tears, harviestoun ola dubh 1991, stone w00tstout, the avery bourbon barrel aged cherry sour, love child 4 and 5, chrysopolis, mole temptress, plenty of destihl lynwood, odell blackberry gose, victory moving parts 2-4, rogue double chocolate, plenty of sucks, 2013 sisyphus, gi gillian, and several clown shoes bombers. granted many of those were part of a sort of get together, but it's been a good, albeit pricey, week for me.

edit:forgot the jester king. gotlandsdricka, black metal, both provenance, hibernal dichotymous, mad meg
La Fours
AG
That's a damn good week of beer. Nicely done.
maca1028
Tonight's work
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
WeldWerks is legit for sure. I am always tempted to pull in there when I finish court in Greeley. One day I will.
army01
AG
How is w00t 3.0?
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
WeldWerks is legit for sure. I am always tempted to pull in there when I finish court in Greeley. One day I will.
Stop in on a Thursday. It's the night new beers are tapped and when I'm working the taproom.
dixie whiskey
AG
I know you weren't asking me, but I really enjoyed it. I think the 25% or whatever it was bba worked great, gave it a decent enough bourbon barrel flavor without masking the pecan flavors of the stout, which I really liked. they hid the alcohol pretty well too. I didn't try the first two so I couldn't offer a comparison but I'm definitely going to be on the lookout for another bottle
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Stop in on a Thursday. It's the night new beers are tapped and when I'm working the taproom.
I might just do that. I have a case in Greeley next Thursday afternoon. I'll bring the Hydroflask so I don't come home to the wife empty handed. Pretty sure WW is her new favorite.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I might just do that. I have a case in Greeley next Thursday afternoon. I'll bring the Hydroflask so I don't come home to the wife empty handed. Pretty sure WW is her new favorite.
Nice! I get there at about 5:15-5:30 depending on when I get out of work. We just kegged a bunch of beer so everything on the board right now is open for growler fills. The Saison may be the best beer Neil has brewed on this system. The new batch of IPA is close as well.
Two Down
AG
Killed this yesterday, since it's going to be trickling down here soon.

In regards to cost, I wonder if distributing here is going to inflate prices even higher.

On another note, I will be Denver Sept 24-27. Right now, only thing scheduled is Rare Beer Tasting on Fri. Was hoping to do WTF but it got moved back to Wed. this year, sad to miss it. Playing the rest of the weekend by ear for now. Any tips?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Killed this yesterday, since it's going to be trickling down here soon.

In regards to cost, I wonder if distributing here is going to inflate prices even higher.

On another note, I will be Denver Sept 24-27. Right now, only thing scheduled is Rare Beer Tasting on Fri. Was hoping to do WTF but it got moved back to Wed. this year, sad to miss it. Playing the rest of the weekend by ear for now. Any tips?
Buy a wine check. Drink lots of water. Don't wear pretzel necklaces. Don't expect friendly service at Falling Rock. If you go to Crooked Stave, expect it to be a mad house and to spend lots of money.
wessimo
AG
I'll leave the Cascade to you guys... along with any other beers that run $18+ for ~22oz.

I'm wondering when the market for these expensive beers will get fully saturated.
Connd
I had the bishops barrel 9 yesterday from St Arnold, it's base is the pumpkinator so naturally it's amazing. Buy it if you can find it.
Hub05
AG
Bitter sweet moment as I said goodbye to my craft beer shop today. They opened shortly after I moved to FL and I enjoyed many of beers with the owner when they were the little known place on the edge of the city. Now they are one of the best shops in FL.

Most Fridays I try to make it for lunch a share a bottle or two with the guys that work there. We have shared everything from Cantillon, to BCBS verts, to several drain pours. After cleaning out the cellar for the move, I decided a "vertical" (even though they are different beers) of TX's own Saint Arnold's Divine Reserve would be an fitting last afternoon. All were solid for the style, but nothing outstanding

The real treat was from the shop itself. They received two out of the two hundred bottles of Vat 77 Boon Geuze sent to the state of FL. They decide to surprise me by opening it today. Boon Geuze is my go to shelf gueuze because it is always available and costs $7, but this beer was on another level from the reg boon. I think this will take the spot of my favorite straight gueuze. I was shocked by the amount of peach/citrus flavor in a fruitless beer. The funkyness was relatively subtle (perfect for me, maybe under funky for others) with a hint of sourness. Truly a nice treat on a Friday afternoon.

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Then let's get some non Jester King, sour,IIPA, BA stout discussion going.
Topic: what's your current favorite readily available canned beer that's 6% or less?
I've been drinking lots of Real Ale Gose and then some Freetail Bat outta Helles when I want a malty lager.

Wasatch Apricot Hefeweizen is refreshing AF.

Not sure of ABV off the top of my head.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Bitter sweet moment as I said goodbye to my craft beer shop today. They opened shortly after I moved to FL and I enjoyed many of beers with the owner when they were the little known place on the edge of the city. Now they are one of the best shops in FL.

Most Fridays I try to make it for lunch a share a bottle or two with the guys that work there. We have shared everything from Cantillon, to BCBS verts, to several drain pours. After cleaning out the cellar for the move, I decided a "vertical" (even though they are different beers) of TX's own Saint Arnold's Divine Reserve would be an fitting last afternoon. All were solid for the style, but nothing outstanding

The real treat was from the shop itself. They received two out of the two hundred bottles of Vat 77 Boon Geuze sent to the state of FL. They decide to surprise me by opening it today. Boon Geuze is my go to shelf gueuze because it is always available and costs $7, but this beer was on another level from the reg boon. I think this will take the spot of my favorite straight gueuze. I was shocked by the amount of peach/citrus flavor in a fruitless beer. The funkyness was relatively subtle (perfect for me, maybe under funky for others) with a hint of sourness. Truly a nice treat on a Friday afternoon.

Ya growns up and ya growns up and ya growns up! It's amazing how much things have changed on this thread over the past five years.
wessimo
AG

BB23 that I acquired from BSD at his first cellar sale. Drinking nicely. Cheers
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Upright Brewing Gose. This is still good. Tastes pretty similar to the one with White Truffles.
AgEng06
AG
JK Encendia, Batch #1

army01
AG
quote:

BB23 that I acquired from BSD at his first cellar sale. Drinking nicely. Cheers
The best one. Love that beer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
JK Encendia, Batch #1

http://i.imgur.com/KIBM55Tm.jpg

Had my last one a few weeks back. Never got much tequila out of it but the beer was good.
First Page Last Page
Page 726 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.