Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,568,490 Views | 62489 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by La Fours
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So what's good at bouchon? Might have to stop by if I ever make it back out that way again.
BSD
AG
quote:

We prolly won't get there til late morning and have reservations at bouchon in yountville that night. Hopefully get a couple hours of sample trays and masturbating in

Wish I could be there. Wait. What????
BSD
AG
The onion soup at Bouchon is phenomenal. As are the truffle risottos, steak frites, the specials of the day, and everything else on the menu. It's hard to go wrong. But I'd head to Addendum for a fried chicken dessert if they are open. I don't think they're open at night though.
jetch17
AG
BSD, any thoughts on Bottega? Apparently she has us booked there too

To keep it on subject, what kind of brews outside of wine does bouchon keep?
BSD
AG
Bottega is good. I'd do Redd as well if you get the time. We went their in February with some baller ass friends and it was one of the best meals I had in Napa. We went appetizer heavy and drank '96 Salon Champagne and then split some main courses with Maybach cabernet (yes, I had two glasses that night). I still cream when I think about it.

Bouchon has Pliny bottles but that is the only beer I've ever ordered there (that I can remember). RRBC used to make Blue Apron Ale for Bouchon but then Thomas Keller got a BJ from Brooklyn Brewery so that's the house beer now.

Where are you staying?
jetch17
AG
Some boutique inn, 1801 First?
BSD
AG
I don't know that one. In Napa?
jetch17
AG
Yeh
cc10106

Mixed it up tonight. The Grafter was nice with plenty Tempranillo. Also, Woot Stout is some tasty fudge.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Apparently I need to get some woot stout. I don't think I've heard anything bad about it yet.

Stuck with my new summertime mainstay tonight: Staycation. I need to load up on this before it goes out as the seasonal.
big-ag
AG
Decent night with a buddy last night...

Pinedrops IPA
A Fistful of Unidragon
Wootstout

Then lots and lots and lots of water!
jetch17
AG
looks like Brash P*ssy Wagon is droppin around Tine today

wessimo
AG
Overly metal

jah003
S
This is approaching two years old...

It's certainly changed since release. A different beer, but still delicious. One of my top 10 (maybe top 5) favorite Jester King brews.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'll stick with the Jester King theme.

Had this Nocturnal Chrysalis last night. Not sure how blend 1 or 2 was, but 3 is awesome. Glad I have another in the fridge.

My girl has been on a saison kick as of late, had a few good ones before the JK, as well as a share of Biere de Miel from JK.
Jock 07
AG
How much of a **** show is the Friday GABF session? Thinking of possibly doing that instead of the Thurs due to scheduling but will keep Thursday if Friday's are just retarded.
maca1028
Get it while it's hot....and wet...and tight.
jetch17
maca1028
I was hoping to get more out of this
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went to the Saint Arnold 20th Anniversary party a year ago. Still my favorite brewery visit/event to date. Great music lineup, barbecue, and best of all, this seductive barleywine.

Found it here in Dallas recently. Skeptical if we'll be able to find it for much longer.

Edit: Drinking the beer in the 20th Anniversay glass, as well. Too good.
La Fours
AG
Looks good. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a bottle one of these days. I'm a big fan of Logsdon Farms and beer with cherries.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a sick glass, where's it from?
maca1028
Wish I would've known that while I was up there, I would've grabbed u one
maca1028
De garde
La Fours
AG
It's all good. I didn't want to bother you since you were already bringing back so much.
maca1028
I'll get you next time
Jock 07
AG
Got my tickets for Thursday night GABF. Guy I work with has free tickets for Friday night so I guess I'm doing two nights in a row this year.
62strat
AG
quote:
How much of a **** show is the Friday GABF session? Thinking of possibly doing that instead of the Thurs due to scheduling but will keep Thursday if Friday's are just retarded.
I've been to all sessions except sat night, and honestly they are all pretty much a chit show haha. I mean it's pretty much basketball game sized crowds drinking beer beer for 4 hours.
62strat
AG
quote:
I've been to all except the sat night. They are pretty much all chit shows.
NColoradoAG
Thursday is definitely not a **** show. It's mostly beer geeks and a laid back crowd. Hands down the best session of GABF.
NoneGiven
AG
To be fair, neckbeards and kilts is still a ****show.
MW13
AG
The Kroger by my house has 6 packs of Sculpin for 14.97 but then has a ton in their create your own 6 pack for 9.99. So thats cool.
62strat
AG
When I did Thursday night session in did the farm to table so I was in there half the time.

But I thought he meant crowded by 'chit show'. They are all crowded.
wessimo
AG
quote:
The Kroger by my house has 6 packs of Sculpin for 14.97 but then has a ton in their create your own 6 pack for 9.99. So thats cool.
They often do stuff like that but make sure to check bottle dates.
First Page Last Page
Page 728 of 1786

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.