Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,929 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by steve00
DallasAggie2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang that sucks! I will be out there in a month and was hoping magically it would be there. Oh well.

BSD, when will you be out there? I'll be in San Fran August 20-23.
BSD
AG
I think we arrive on the 12th.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Does Oklahoma still have the 3.2 beer law? If so, that may be worse.
As does Colorado. And Colorado won't let you fill growlers at bars either, pretty sad for as big a beer state it is.
You can fill them at a brewery. We only have about 250 of those. What about a brewery that has guest taps?

Pretty sure there are several states with 3.2 laws. Personally, it doesn't affect me at all, since I prefer the selection of a large liquor store. My go to by my house has a walk in bomber room with hundreds of bottles, and 100' of packaged craft. And parking spots right up front Grocery store would never have that much craft.
I rarely bought beer at a grocery store in Houston for 11 years. I went to specs.
I know the only brewery with guest taps here doesn't do growler fills on anything except for their beer, may have nothing to do with the law though. I'd just prefer the ability to pick up an odell IPA or something simple while at the grocery store or a bottle of 2 buck chuck at Trader Joes. I know the state is trying to protect the small business aspect of liquor stores but I don't think they would lose too much business to grocery stores and gas stations. Another fun fact, apparently a business owner can't own more than one liquor store here in Colorado also.
Nope.. no chain liquor stores in the state.
That of course is actually small business friendly. Look at Spec's.. how do you compete with that? Any liquor store in TX that is not specs is a tiny strip mall run down cramped liquor store run by an arab. True story.
jetch17
AG
Yusssssss

Scriffer
AG
Looked smaller in the store...

The wifey is less than thrilled over this, but on the upside it turns out I've put together a nice little collection.

jetch17
AG
Lordy
dixie whiskey
AG
finally giving texian's the liberty a shot, I'm actually pretty impressed. the brett definitely comes through strong but not so much to overpower the hop flavor. I like it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Closed on our new house today and went to J. Henry's in Clear Lake with our realtor to celebrate. It is worth noting that they do bottles to go and they have Jester King Sin Frontera. Also, their pretzel might be the most awesome thing I have ever had.
NColoradoAG
This nectar has finally passed these lips. Lives up to the hype and then some.

Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord

https://instagr.am/p/5Qt8Apx-P7
BSD
AG
Metal as ****!
maca1028
Congrats on the closing! Never heard of J. Henry's, where in Clear Lake is it?
jah003
S
quote:
This nectar has finally passed these lips. Lives up to the hype and then some.

Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord

https://instagr.am/p/5Qt8Apx-P7

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Looked smaller in the store...

The wifey is less than thrilled over this, but on the upside it turns out I've put together a nice little collection.

Nice stash
Sucaba, Stickee Monkee, & Eric's Ale for me this evening
Scriffer
AG
I'll probably never catch up to a lot of people on here, but I'm happy with it.

The stash would be more visible, but the right side is reserved for the homebrew keg my best man got me as a wedding gift.

Also need to throw the temperature controller on it to maintain cellar temps better.
Jock 07
AG
You could do worse for wedding gifts. I enjoy me some BBA legion. Still trying to get my hands on some of that BBA legion and the montmorency vs balaton
Scriffer
AG
PM me your address, and the Legion will be coming your way.
Jock 07
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Congrats on the closing! Never heard of J. Henry's, where in Clear Lake is it?

It's on Clear Lake City Boulevard just east of Highway 3. They just opened in the last month. It's a really nice place.
Jock 07
AG
I meant Temptress. Don't worry about it, I think I'll be able to find myself some in the winter when I'm back Down that way. Thanks for the generous offer though.
cc10106

Last night, wooo.
BSD
AG
quote:

Last night, wooo.

So money.
La Fours
AG
Damn. That's nice.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Last night, wooo.
Very nice, that tilquin is so good.
NColoradoAG
Just another night in Colorado. 4 man damage. BVDL, fundamental observation, and punchdown were my favorites.

cc10106
Dayum! FO is legit. Nice to see Fox and the Grapes again on the same page.
cc10106
quote:
quote:

Last night, wooo.
Very nice, that tilquin is so good.
Yessir, hopefully they will be available in TX soon.

Tough call on the winner, but the Cantillon Kriek was amazing. I've had several of their offerings, but that was on another level.
maca1028
Impressive
Chipotlemonger
AG
Having Prairie Gold right now with lunch.

For you sour drinkers (I dabble but by no means am knowledged in them), where does this one stand?

jh0400
AG
Finally tried Brash EZ-7 at BRC at lunch. I would drink it again, but it wasn't anything I'd get excited about.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Dayum! FO is legit. Nice to see Fox and the Grapes again on the same page.

Fox and the grape was the worst beer of the night. It was so phenolic and rubbery. The yeast and cultures theyre using aren't for me. Very Fantome-esque yeast characteristics.
steve00
AG
Got in the car yesterday and headed north. 9 hours of driving later, and two trips to the brewery, and now I'm headed south with this.

54 Pliny
18 Blind Pig
12 Supplication
12 Consecration

It was a bit difficult since they are on 6 bottle limits for Pliny, but there are several ways to beat the system.

Trying to hit Firestone Walker before they close tonight.
Scriffer
AG
Holy.

Crap.

Is there anything I can trade you for to get my mitts on two of those Supplication? They were out at the retail counter when I was there on my honeymoon.
steve00
AG
Made it to Firestone Walker right before the bottle shop closed. Got some good stuff.

steve00
AG
quote:
Holy.

Crap.

Is there anything I can trade you for to get my mitts on two of those Supplication? They were out at the retail counter when I was there on my honeymoon.

Sorry, but the stuff I bought is for personal consumption. I wasn't planning on trading any of it. I guess I could have bought more to do that, as there didn't seem to be any limit on Supplication and Consecration.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Quite the day.
First Page Last Page
Page 721 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.