Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,673,167 Views | 62639 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Yall see that TABC is looking like they're outlawing the crowler due to them considering it repackaging?

Yeah that's pretty stupid.

http://*****beer.org/2015/07/15/tabc-tells-cuvee-coffee-bar-to-remove-crowlers/
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's amazing in a state that's generally pro business we have this group who does everything to enforce crappy policies.
dave99ag
AG
Every time I travel and tell folks I'm for Texas, they always shake their head at the odd beer laws we have. Utah may be the only worse state.
MW13
AG
quote:
Also...

Andrews to distribute Ninkasi
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Does Oklahoma still have the 3.2 beer law? If so, that may be worse.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
Also...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Hell ****ing yeah right!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Also...

Ah hell yea.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
As does Colorado. And Colorado won't let you fill growlers at bars either, pretty sad for as big a beer state it is.
jh0400
AG
Picked up a JK Bier de Miel and some Oasis Meta-Modern at D&Q earlier.
NoneGiven
AG
Not a bad hotel beer.
Jock 07
AG
http://thefullpint.com/beer-news/firestone-walker-brewing-has-been-acquired-by-duvel-moortgat/

As long as they don't **** with the proprietor's vintage series, the restaurant in Buellton, or Barrelworks I'm ok.
maca1028
That's a load of **** about the crowlers, guess I need to hurry up and get to Nobi.
One thing I loved about Portland was that there was a growler/crowler fill station at just about every grocery store I went to as well as a couple of corner stores.
EAD tabc!
Anyways...here's what I'm drinking tonight
BSD
AG
Real question here: how many of you that ***** and moan about TABC are members of Open the Taps?
maca1028
Touch
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Yall see that TABC is looking like they're outlawing the crowler due to them considering it repackaging?

I'm so glad the government is there to protect me from 64oz beers... and gas can spouts that used to actually work.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

... and gas can spouts that used to actually work.
No ****ing ****. These new gas cans are a pain in the ass.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Not the Stoic tonight.

My 1st non 6-pack beer from them. Two Mirror Mirrors in the fridge (courtesy of jah, thanks) on their way after this.

I remember someone else being disappointed by this beer on this thread. I dig it. A bit boozy but I like the fruit to Belgian yeast combination here.
NoneGiven
AG
Better hotel beer.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
As does Colorado. And Colorado won't let you fill growlers at bars either, pretty sad for as big a beer state it is.
You can fill them at a brewery. We only have about 250 of those. What about a brewery that has guest taps?

Pretty sure there are several states with 3.2 laws. Personally, it doesn't affect me at all, since I prefer the selection of a large liquor store. My go to by my house has a walk in bomber room with hundreds of bottles, and 100' of packaged craft. And parking spots right up front Grocery store would never have that much craft.
I rarely bought beer at a grocery store in Houston for 11 years. I went to specs.
BattleReady
Had a Points Unknown IPA from Stone that I got as part of a slew of birthday beer gifts and it was TASTY!!!
jetch17
AG
good lord the crowler vs. growler argument is gay as sh*t.

that being said, i think i need to run to Petrol or Hughies to get some crowlers for the weekend. Im curious to hear Ben at Petrols stance when they tell him to shut his BMF crowler operation down.
dave99ag
AG
He'll probably drop a growler in the crowler and send it to them.
BSD
AG
quote:

that being said, i think i need to run to Petrol or Hughies to get some crowlers for the weekend. Im curious to hear Ben at Petrols stance when they tell him to shut his BMF crowler operation down.
are you in town? Heading to Toadies tonight? I dropped the ball and didn't get a sitter and my wife made other plans with her friends. I suck ass. Ass sucker...that's me.
jetch17
AG
Going to the san Antonio show Sunday since I have to Head there for work
BSD
AG
ah. Aren't they doing a headlining show once the album comes out? If so, I'll just hit that one up.
jetch17
AG
Likely. Plus it'll prolly be a HOB or smaller venue show once the new one drops anyhow
jah003
S
quote:

Let me start off by saying the TABC is a joke... I think one of their issues is that Cuve will slap a big "Cuve Coffee" sticker on the Crowler. I read an article where they said something like, "someone might think there is coffee in the Crowler and not beer". Even though they sharpie what beer is in the Crowler on the Cuve label. It also won't affect places who brew and Crowler their own beer. I think their are a couple of places in Dallas who would still be safe.

I still think it's hilarious that I could go to a few places in Austin right now and get a mason jar filled with beer... But a Crowler? Nope.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You can fill them at a brewery. We only have about 250 of those. What about a brewery that has guest taps?

Pretty sure there are several states with 3.2 laws. Personally, it doesn't affect me at all, since I prefer the selection of a large liquor store. My go to by my house has a walk in bomber room with hundreds of bottles, and 100' of packaged craft. And parking spots right up front Grocery store would never have that much craft.
I rarely bought beer at a grocery store in Houston for 11 years. I went to specs.
I know the only brewery with guest taps here doesn't do growler fills on anything except for their beer, may have nothing to do with the law though. I'd just prefer the ability to pick up an odell IPA or something simple while at the grocery store or a bottle of 2 buck chuck at Trader Joes. I know the state is trying to protect the small business aspect of liquor stores but I don't think they would lose too much business to grocery stores and gas stations. Another fun fact, apparently a business owner can't own more than one liquor store here in Colorado also.
jetch17
AG
At petrol having an EZ-7 and needless to say Ben is opinionated on the crowler issue
jah003
S
Big thanks to Adam for helping me refill the cellar a bit... The Grey Monday will be domed at some point.

NColoradoAG
quote:
Big thanks to Adam for helping me refill the cellar a bit... The Grey Monday will be domed at some point.

This batch of brett loves citra is quite possibly my favorite beer of all time.
BSD
AG
quote:
At petrol having an EZ-7 and needless to say Brn is opinionated on the crowler issue
thanks for the invite, dick.

(not that I could have gone anyways...)
jetch17
AG
Come on

SecoKid
AG
SARA just released West Ashley. I missed it by a week
BSD
AG
HAHA! /Nelson

But since it's being released now, I probably wont get it on my trip out there next month, either.
First Page Last Page
Page 720 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.