Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,654,303 Views | 62635 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by swampstander
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bad ass. I am jealous!!!
jetch17
AG
Saddlin in at petrol for the afternoon... Fresh ass yellow rose

jetch17
AG
Also, habanero sculpin is a gut buster. Good in sample size, but like every other pepper beer, I just can't see drinking a sh*t-ton if this
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Also, habanero sculpin is a gut buster. Good in sample size, but like every other pepper beer, I just can't see drinking a sh*t-ton if this
Agree. Luckily when I had it I split it with 2 other people.
Scriffer
AG
We got our mitts on the habanero sculpin at the brewery last year, and it just about ripped my face off.

Bottles here are much more drinkable. I can handle one with little trouble, but beyond that, I'm not sure.
NoneGiven
AG
Avery sours actually made it to Austin today. Never seen them here other than draft.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Avery sours actually made it to Austin today. Never seen them here other than draft.
I imagine they will be flowing from now on. I doubt we see a run less than 200-250 cases anymore with the new facility.
DallasAggie2012
AG
How is this latest round of Avery sours? Never had a sour from them and didn't know if it was worth dropping the 12-13 a bottle for them.
NColoradoAG
quote:
How is this latest round of Avery sours? Never had a sour from them and didn't know if it was worth dropping the 12-13 a bottle for them.

I'll have to defer to Jock or Strat. I don't buy them very often either. I find too many of them to be one note acetic acid bombs and overly priced. Casey and Almanac have been my go too's for wild ales lately. Free growlers of Gose at Weldwerks have also been clutch.
Green Fairy
AG
Bear Republic Grand Am APA on sale for $2.99/sixer at Spring Valley Specs. Never tried it before so no clue if it's any good, but I'll be damned if I won't buy a $2.99 sixer of most anything.
Scriffer
AG
Had that at the brewery a few weeks ago. Wasn't a fan, but it's definitely worth $3 for a sixer.

Their distribution is going to be dropping off in Texas. The drought out there is hurting them, and they're going through some major process changes that are going to restrict production for awhile.
Hugo Stiglitzz
Fri beer mail! So much good.

Whoop04
I grabbed a couple mega black house bombers yesterday. Haven't had it yet, but the regular and especially nitro are great.
62strat
AG
I've only purchased about 3 of the last 6 Avery barrel sour series, and I've only tried 1. The others are still in the basement, so I really can't speak much. The one I had was good, not excellent though.

But I'll agree with NOCO; I've had 6-7 different Almanac, and they are all excellent.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Following up a canned-today Hop Delusion with Stone Enjoy By 07.04.15. Delicious as always.

Also tasted the most recent BBH from the brite tank last night and think it's going to be one of the best batches yet. Lots of chocolate and heard the ABV will be higher than usual.
AgEng06
AG
Had to go to Arlington, but finally got to try Mole Temptress...

Jock 07
AG
quote:
I've only purchased about 3 of the last 6 Avery barrel sour series, and I've only tried 1. The others are still in the basement, so I really can't speak much. The one I had was good, not excellent though.

But I'll agree with NOCO; I've had 6-7 different Almanac, and they are all excellent.

I'd have to agree here. Some (Rufus, Obscuro & Nimbosus) are better than others (fortuna). May not be worth the price but pretty good. The majority of Almanacs stuff is good.
Jock 07
AG
Pretty good kriek
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's a skinny....bottle.
Tressels Vest
AG
Is it just me or does beer in Goose Island's 312 series (urban pale ale and urban wheat ale) really suck? Had a pale ale last night (gave it a second try) and it sucked just like the others.
Hudson2508
AG
I'm slightly addicted to Jester King's Black Metal Stout. Are there any more readily available stouts that compare to that flavor profile?
Geriatric Punk
AG
Jock 07
Jock 07
AG
Lenny's rye DIPA for me this evening.
Jock 07
AG
Cleaning out the fridge
dixie whiskey
AG
after bishops barrel 10 thursday and black metal last night, giving my wallet a break with sweetwater hop hash tonight. for about $7 a sixer at heb, can't really do better for the value. not big on most of the other sweetwater offerings I've tried, but I love this one. might mix in a blood orange gose or a hazelnut brown for a change of pace. btw really loved the bb10 and the black metal, although I wish they'd brew the original recipe again. I kinda liked how funk metal was the sour to black metals straightforward RIS. at least that's how I remember it.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I'm sitting on four of the Black Metals. I really liked that beer.
maca1028
Lucky, does the gas station still have black metal?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
None at the gas station. HEB at 646 still had around ten bottles as of last night with no limit. If you can get over there I'd try to hit them up as early as possible.

They also had Le Petite Prince (not that that's all that hard to find) and the new Stone Stochasticity beer.

And as everybody does, they have a metric ton of Hibernal Dichotomous.
maca1028
I'll try to make it out there
Hudson2508
AG
So I'm headed to Paris in a couple weeks. I know France is more of a wine country but are there any bottles I should be on the look out for to bring home? And on that note, how many bottles can one check on a flight?

I found a bottle shop near our hotel that apparently carries Cantillon so I'll try there but looking for other ideas.
dave99ag
AG
Picked up Freetail's Yo Soy Un Berliner this weekend in SA. A enjoyable beer for a hot summer day.
BSD
AG
Enjoying fathers day!

Tressels Vest
AG
NcoloradoAg...odds Pliny is at Mr. B's this Saturday? A guy can hope, right?
NoneGiven
AG
Finally cracked my repose. Don't get much hay but quite enjoyable. May have to go try and find more
First Page Last Page
Page 708 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.