Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,659 Views | 62646 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by Jock 07
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Enough said.

And Rule 1 in the background.
Quincey P. Morris
AG

I really really like this one.
MW13
AG
quote:

I really really like this one.

Where might one in DFW get a hold of such deliciousness?

I do have a connection in Katy if that helps.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My parents are taking a little impromptu road trip through Arizona and all the way out to San Diego this week and offered to bring back beer if I tell them what to look for.

I'm not looking at making them look too hard for super rarities, but what are some good local or otherwise available beer they could find at say, a Total Wine or Whole Foods? I drink everything, but especially IPAs, and am down with sour/funky and whatever else might be out there right now.

Adweisse and/or suggestions?
NColoradoAG
quote:
NcoloradoAg...odds Pliny is at Mr. B's this Saturday? A guy can hope, right?

watch their Facebook page. They will post it when it's in. Highly unlikely it's still there on a Saturday, but if it drops there during the week you may find it at Argonaut or Small Batch through the weekend. You could also watch Mile High Wine and Spirits because they will allow you to call, prepay, and they'll hold it for a few days for pick up.
NColoradoAG
https://instagr.am/p/4N96iFx-Jh

I hope True Detective season 2 is half as good as the first
Jason_Ag98
AG
How was it (the beer, not the show)?
Whoop04
quote:
My parents are taking a little impromptu road trip through Arizona and all the way out to San Diego this week and offered to bring back beer if I tell them what to look for.

I'm not looking at making them look too hard for super rarities, but what are some good local or otherwise available beer they could find at say, a Total Wine or Whole Foods? I drink everything, but especially IPAs, and am down with sour/funky and whatever else might be out there right now.

Adweisse and/or suggestions?
If I were you, I would have them go to BottleCraft in Little Italy in SD and just ask someone who works there to help them pick out some good local beers that don't have wide distribution. Some suggestions that I like; Modern Times "Black House" and "Blazing World", Mike Hess "Habitus", Ale Smith "Speedway Stout", Karl Straus "Tower 10". No Stone, Ballast Point, or Green Flash obviously b/c you can get those in Texas.
NColoradoAG
quote:
How was it (the beer, not the show)?

Outstanding
62strat
AG
Happy father's day to me. But I overcooked the steak.

BSD
AG
quote:
https://instagr.am/p/4N96iFx-Jh

I hope True Detective season 2 is half as good as the first
I had one in February. Easily in my top 5 beers of the year so far.
Tom Hagen
AG
I hope that you IPA drinking hipsters enjoy your man boobs.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/18/your-favorite-beer-might-be-giving-man-boobs/

quote:
...Men who drink lot of hoppy beer, like a strong India Pale Ale, may see some unwanted effects, like man boobs, premature aging, sluggishness, tooth decay, hair loss and a beer belly...
TheVarian
AG
quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/06/18/your-favorite-beer-might-be-giving-man-boobs/

quote:
...Men who drink lot of hoppy beer, like a strong India Pale Ale, may see some unwanted effects, like man boobs, premature aging, sluggishness, tooth decay, hair loss and a beer belly...

Lol, doesn't all beer do that to you? Good try
maca1028
quote:

quote:

Me with boobs=never leaving home
BSD
AG
All my past ipa escapades just resulted in big fat cock. Flawed study.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Me with boobs=never leaving home
62strat
AG
That same story came out about 3 years ago.. Are they just recycling this stuff now?
turfman80
AG
One of the beers I enjoyed on Fathers Day while smoking some huge beef ribs ala Aaron Franklin's recipe.

Simply stellar! One of the best beers I've had so far this year. Thanks again, Adam!!

NColoradoAG
quote:
One of the beers I enjoyed on Fathers Day while smoking some huge beef ribs ala Aaron Franklin's recipe.

Simply stellar! One of the best beers I've had so far this year. Thanks again, Adam!!

Glad I could hook you up. I'm sure you'll enjoy the others as well.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Very nice. Had some of that at the ft worth saucer a couple weeks ago. The, beer, not the burnt steak
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I would be remiss if I didn't mention here that as of today (the 22nd) Karbach is being distributed to DFW! I'm not positive if it's only kegs at first or if cans are there now too, but be on the lookout at your local beer spots. End plug.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I would be remiss if I didn't mention here that as of today (the 22nd) Karbach is being distributed to DFW! I'm not positive if it's only kegs at first or if cans are there now too, but be on the lookout at your local beer spots. End plug.

Was completely caught off guard this week! Had much anticipation these past couple weeks for the releases, but have been extremely busy both in and outside of work.

Anyone know of a place that may have BBH on Wednesday?

Their website is vague about a few of the release selections.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

Very nice. Had some of that at the ft worth saucer a couple weeks ago. The, beer, not the burnt steak
yeh I totally didn't adjust my time enough for how hot it was. I usually cook around 400, but figured I'd try another method. I got it up to the highest I've ever gotten the grill, 580 or so.
But I cooked it on an iron plate, so I didn't lose any juices. It was still good and juicy, just not my preferred red inside.

That beer is friekin boozy. But smooth at the same time. Sat in my cellar for about 8 months.
MW13
AG
Had Mosiac IPA again last night and that's some good stuff. I haven't had some of the more high end stuff you guys have but it's was probably just behind things I've had like jai alai and yellow rose.

A very good IPA for DFW.
turfman80
AG
Fresh Mosaic is excellent! Wish it was available in B/CS.
62strat
AG
Guinness nitro ipa coming soon. Hmm.

http://beerstreetjournal.com/guinness-nitro-ipa-coming-stateside-in-11-2oz-cans/
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Fresh Mosaic is excellent! Wish it was available in B/CS.
It really is, I was extremely impressed when I had some for the first time when I was down there a few weeks ago.
NoneGiven
AG
Is it just me, or does the thumbnail of 62strats steak look like a gator head?
E King Trill
AG
Gonna be in Chicago for three days. Has anyone here been to the goose island brewery? Is it worth going?
BSD
AG
I've never been. Unless they were offering BCBS on tap, I doubt I'd head there as my first choice of breweries. I'd hit 3 floyds if you had a car and the time. Otherwise I'd visit Revolution (brewpub or taproom) or Half Acre. I'm not sure if Piperworks has a taproom yet or I'd go there too. Empirical is also good but I don't think they are open to the public yet. I'll be going there next week to check in on them. There are also tons of great beer bars all over town.
NColoradoAG
OB Death by Coconut should be hitting colorado shelves this weekend.
jah003
S
quote:
OB Death by Coconut should be hitting colorado shelves this weekend.

That beer is the tits...

Drinking a Coffee Bender and watching the rain come in over the lake at the moment. Already got you some Furious & Coffe Bender on lock down NCol.
La Fours
AG
Are you up in the great white north?
jah003
S
quote:
Are you up in the great white north?

Yep, currently in Alexandria (western MN), heading for Minneapolis on Friday, and then hitting up Wisconsin for a few days on Saturday. Will be heading to Surly on Friday for sure.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
I've never been. Unless they were offering BCBS on tap, I doubt I'd head there as my first choice of breweries. I'd hit 3 floyds if you had a car and the time. Otherwise I'd visit Revolution (brewpub or taproom) or Half Acre. I'm not sure if Piperworks has a taproom yet or I'd go there too. Empirical is also good but I don't think they are open to the public yet. I'll be going there next week to check in on them. There are also tons of great beer bars all over town.

I definitely recommend Half Acre over Revolution Brew pub (I haven't been to Revolution's actual brewery). The Revolution Brew Pub felt more like a restaurant than a brewery.

With that said, there a bunch of great places for beer all around Chicago. A few places by neighborhood...

Lincoln Park - Local Option

Wrigley - Sheffields

Lincoln Square - Half Acre, Hopleaf

Logan Square - The Rocking Horse

Wicker Park - The Revel Room, Happy Village

Magnificent Mile - Henry's Swing Club, Tippling Hall
First Page Last Page
Page 709 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.