Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,676,630 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by steve00
SecoKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Small mid week bottle share. This was begging to be opened.
La Fours
AG
Nice!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Hello there
maca1028
Nice seco, I've never had fou before
Mustang1
AG
Specs June beer of month: sucks 6 packs at $8.99
txag2008
AG
Where?
SecoKid
AG
It was great. The more it warmed, the more the apricots came out. Definitely make sure to let it come up to the right temp.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Which spec's, all?
jah003
S
Batch 3 of Nocturn being released out at JK this weekend... 3 bottle limit per person per day. Neckbeards assemble!!!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Batch 3 of Nocturn being released out at JK this weekend... 3 bottle limit per person per day. Neckbeards assemble!!!
Wonder if it'll make it til Sun. I'm planning on heading down there for the first time on Sun.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Maybe it's gotten worse but I thought both Nocturn and Atrial made it multiple weekends last year.
cc10106
JK commented on fb that they have approx. 6k bottles, so I think you'll get some.
WorkBoots09
AG
We're headed up to Portland and Seattle next week for an anniversary trip. Here's a list that I put together from folks' recommendations, but it doesn't mean we're hitting every single place.

Portland
Broadway Grill & Brewery
Belmont Station
Horse Brass Pub
Green Fairy
By the Bottle
Hophouse
Portland Brewing Co.
Cascade Brewing Co.
Hair of the Dog

Seattle
Rogue Taproom
Elysian
Pike Brewing Co.
Abominable Brewing Co.
Rogue Brewing Co.

Is there anything else we should check out?
BSD
AG
Page 700 and Secokid is the only one ballin'?!?!?? cmon people!!! Get your heads in the game.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Page 700 and Secokid is the only one ballin'?!?!?? cmon people!!! Get your heads in the game.
Hey now... I tried to get ahold of some Cantillon last year with the group buy on here, but I think NoCo decided to order them all himself...

Still waiting to try my first Loon...
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:
Hey now... I tried to get ahold of some Cantillon last year with the group buy on here, but I think NoCo decided to order them all himself...

What ever happened with that? I remember being interested in participating, had a couple of busy days at work where I was MIA, and never heard anything else about it.
AgEng06
AG
Same here. I'm not sure.
BSD
AG
I think my Crooked Stave orders wrecked all his plans. My bad.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Pliny in stores today in Nor Colorado.
gordo97
AG
Pliny nowhere near any stores in Texas
NoneGiven
AG
Snagged some Jollly Pumpkin iO today. Anyone had this before?
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What ever happened with that? I remember being interested in participating, had a couple of busy days at work where I was MIA, and never heard anything else about it.

I didn't move fast enough and every neckbeard and store owner in the US ordered all the stock.
corndog04
AG
My comments on your Portland itinerary below.

quote:
We're headed up to Portland and Seattle next week for an anniversary trip. Here's a list that I put together from folks' recommendations, but it doesn't mean we're hitting every single place.

Portland
Broadway Grill & Brewery - no
Belmont Station - hell yes
Horse Brass Pub - hell yes
Green Fairy - yes
By the Bottle - not familiar with them, looks like they are in Vancouver, Wa
Hophouse - Okay
Portland Brewing Co. - no, too much better beer in town
Cascade Brewing Co. - hell yes
Hair of the Dog - yes
Add:
The BeerMongers
Deschutes
Apex
Hopworks

BSD
AG
Two IPA's and a porter from Kauai Island Brewery and grill. The Fonz IPA there is really good.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Loving this one. Apple cider and whiskey flavors to it.

La Fours
AG
Jester King night!! Washbangers had Jeff Stuffings, founder of JK, there with a host of JK beers. Had an Estival Dichotomous and the most recent batch of Hibernal Dichotomous at Washbangers. Now I'm drinking a Detritivore at home.

Chipotlemonger
AG
So pissed I didn't take advantage of Washbangers while I was at school. I got into craft beer too late!

Of course, I don't think my bank account could've supported the hobby back then.
La Fours
AG
How long have you been out of school? Washbangers has only been doing craft for the last 3 years or so. I've lived here since 98 and didn't set foot inside Washbangers until about 3 years ago.
dave99ag
AG
We were going to be there for the JK event, but were invited to Coach's Night. Drank Shiner instead.
Chipotlemonger
AG
2 years.
Whoop04
How did you find out about the washbangers event? I just moved to CS and haven't found my way around the beer scene yet. I would've absolutely been there tonight...sigh...
CollinAB
AG
I was in school in perfect time to become a pretty regular Washbanger's customer. One of the places I really miss having moved away. Also La Fours, wash that glass, man.

WorkBoots09
AG
Thanks Corndog!

Broadway was just within walking distance from the house we're staying at, so I threw it in there. Same with Hophouse. Not sure how I missed Deschutes!
dave99ag
AG
quote:
How did you find out about the washbangers event?

Follow them, O'Bannon's, Carney's, etc on Facebook / Twitter to find out about the latest events. The "College Station Craft Beer Drinkers" group on FB is also a good source of what's showing up in CS.
big-ag
AG
quote:
My comments on your Portland itinerary below.

quote:

Portland

Add:
Hopworks

+1 on Hopworks. My favorite place when I was in Portland last fall.
First Page Last Page
Page 700 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.