Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,646,006 Views | 62620 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by Chipotlemonger
army01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know of any good spots around Hartford, CT? I'm looking for on site as well as bottles to go.

Thanks!
maca1028
Gonna be drinking my first bottle of De Garde thanks to BSD
dave99ag
AG
Booked a trip to Nuremberg - Prague - Budapest over Christmas.

Now I have to figure out what breweries to visit and how to check all the bottles I want to bring home.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

Now I have to figure out what breweries to visit and how to check all the bottles I want to bring home.

Sick
Geriatric Punk
AG
Pre-Rockies rain-out brews:
Robert C. Christian
AG
quote:

If you have time, make a trip up to Bamberg from Nuremberg and brewery hop. It is home to the Rauchbier style. Wife and I did this while visiting Nuremberg and it was well worth it.
steve00
AG
I don't know what a Pluot is supposed to taste like, but it makes for a pretty good beer.
BattleReady
Had a Payback Porter from Speakeasy this evening. Still just as good as I remember it, and one of my favorite porters overall.
62strat
AG
quote:
I don't know what a Pluot is supposed to taste like, but it makes for a pretty good beer.

Yeh I enjoyed a pluot beer from New Belgium a year or so ago.
defroach
This week's label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-may-19-2015/
DaveHimself
AG
So a buddy of mine was in Chicago last week and asked me to find him some good beer. I'm only familiar with 3 Floyds and GI nearby but copy/pasted BSD's recommendations from several pages back. He had a lot of good beer (it was craft beer week) but raved about the Intelligentsia coffee the most, thought that was amusing. He brought me back some beans and I can't wait to try it since BCBCS is one of my my favorite all time beers.
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
So a buddy of mine was in Chicago last week and asked me to find him some good beer. I'm only familiar with 3 Floyds and GI nearby but copy/pasted BSD's recommendations from several pages back. He had a lot of good beer (it was craft beer week) but raved about the Intelligentsia coffee the most, thought that was amusing. He brought me back some beans and I can't wait to try it since BCBCS is one of my my favorite all time beers.
List, please?

Headed to Chicago next week.
Jock 07
AG
GABF Tickets go on sale for AHA 28 Jul & to the general public on 29 Jul
NColoradoAG
quote:
Im stoked for the dates this year. Glad they didn't do it a week later or I'd have been SOL.

Preliminary plans look to be Thursday night session, Rare Beer Festival on Friday afternoon, and then tappings and brewery visits Friday evening and Saturday. This will be the first time in a while I'll be able to spend three solid days down there.

What the Funk has not been announced yet, but I've decided to give my money to Pints for Prostates instead of Crooked Stave and their lackeys.
NColoradoAG
quote:
PSA, if you're not currently part of the AHA, and want to buy tickets a day early, you need to sign up by July 20th to receive the benefit.
Jock 07
AG
Wonder if they plan on upping the number of tickets with the increased space
maca1028
Thanks Hub
DaveHimself
AG
Bars: Hopleaf
Map Room
Revolution Brewpub
Sheffields
(many of these bars have cellars...be sure to splurge and post here to make me feel inferior
Howells & hood (I added this one)

Breweries:
Three Floyds - METAL AS F*CK!! its an hour away but worth it. Go early so you can sober up enough to drive back.
Revolution brewery (separate from brewpub and in different part of town next to Kuma's...more on that later)
Half Acre - northside (across street from Bad Apple...a good burger with great beer list)
Empirical - not sure if they are open for tastings yet but reach out to them. they usually have some tasting event going on so check their facebook/twitter.

Restaurants:
Kuma's Corner - the original location. possibly the best burgers in the US. also metal as f*ck
Weiner's Circle - go after midnight on a weekend. get a chocolate shake. Trust me on this.
Alinea - fine dining. expensive but if you a foodie, it's a must
The Girl and the Goat - very good, on west side
Sixteen - at Trump Tower- good for lunch, great views
RPM Italian
Firecakes Donuts Bottle shopBinny's

Coffee for hangover:
Intellegistia - same coffee used in many stouts up there
MW13
AG
quote:

Ok so I am unsmart . . . what exactly does this list mean? I thought it was new beers that would be coming but then I get confused when I see FQ Temptress on there. Little help here . . .
DonaldFDraper
AG
quote:
Bars: Hopleaf
Map Room
Revolution Brewpub
Sheffields
(many of these bars have cellars...be sure to splurge and post here to make me feel inferior
Howells & hood (I added this one)

Breweries:
Three Floyds - METAL AS F*CK!! its an hour away but worth it. Go early so you can sober up enough to drive back.
Revolution brewery (separate from brewpub and in different part of town next to Kuma's...more on that later)
Half Acre - northside (across street from Bad Apple...a good burger with great beer list)
Empirical - not sure if they are open for tastings yet but reach out to them. they usually have some tasting event going on so check their facebook/twitter.

Restaurants:
Kuma's Corner - the original location. possibly the best burgers in the US. also metal as *****
Weiner's Circle - go after midnight on a weekend. get a chocolate shake. Trust me on this.
Alinea - fine dining. expensive but if you a foodie, it's a must
The Girl and the Goat - very good, on west side
Sixteen - at Trump Tower- good for lunch, great views
RPM Italian
Firecakes Donuts Bottle shopBinny's

Coffee for hangover:
Intellegistia - same coffee used in many stouts up there

Thanks. I think I had all of those on my list.

We are staying in Lincoln Park so I planned on hitting Kuma's Too and the Revolution Brewpub. Are the actual brewery and OG Kuma's worth it over the others?
steve00
AG
Picked these up today. I hope they are good.
maca1028
Good stuff
Jock 07
AG
Westbrook gose for me this evening, so good.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How are the destihl sours? Grabbed a pomme and quad.
Wasn't impressed with the Flemish but the gose and the berlinerweisse weren't bad
Yeah I enjoyed the Gose. Haven't tried the others.
The sours I grabbed are from the St Dekkera series.

Guess I should crack one tonight and see if I need to go buy more.
Let me know how they are. I've seen a few of them here in the bottles but have only had the wild series so far.
Had the Quad tonight. I enjoyed it, but I don't know if I would spend $22 on it again.
La Fours
AG
Nice!! That root beer is amazing.
maca1028
Just finished one off, it was hella good. Now drinking a jai alai before calling it a night
62strat
AG
quote:

bjs restaurant beer in kegs.. To the public? Will that be from the restaurant.. Or specs?
La Fours
AG
I'm guessing they just changed the labels for those beers, requiring a new approval. They would still need approval to display and sell them in their restaurant. So that's my uneducated guess. Because I doubt there is a big enough following for their beer to sell kegs to the public.
BSD
AG
quote:
We are staying in Lincoln Park so I planned on hitting Kuma's Too and the Revolution Brewpub. Are the actual brewery and OG Kuma's worth it over the others?

I like the original better. Its more "authentic." The new one is too Lincoln Park. Of course, I passed out at the bar so who am I to make sounds judgement calls. The Revolution brewery and taproom is very close to the original. You do know that Rev Brewpub is nowhere close to Lincoln Park, right?

BSD
AG
Is it sad that I'm trying to find a dog breeder near Hill Farmstead/Alchemist/Lawson's or SARA/RRBC so I have an excuse to go visit twice and bring back bottles (and a dog I guess)? I mean, I don't even drink anymore. That's the last thing I need to do!
MW13
AG
Picked up some Dragon's Milk today after hearing about it on here. Pretty excited to give it a try.
Bmac04
AG
Not mine, but my buddy just sent me these pics from a box he had delivered today. Sent from the ex head brewer from Toppling Goliath, maybe the best box I have ever seen

NColoradoAG
quote:
Not mine, but my buddy just sent me these pics from a box he had delivered today. Sent from the ex head brewer from Toppling Goliath, maybe the best box I have ever seen

La Fours
AG
Holy sh!!

I mean. Wow. I just... I can't even... I mean. Wow.
La Fours
AG
Wtf? The beer pic is gone?!?!?
First Page Last Page
Page 691 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.