Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,642,356 Views | 62609 Replies | Last: 12 hrs ago by SoTxAg
BattleReady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A Chai-spiced Imperial Russian Stout from Stone for me this evening. A little flat, but otherwise good -- the chai is very mellow and not strong at all.
steve00
AG
Ballast Point night -

Mojo Chicken with black beans and yellow rice (cooked with Habanero Sculpin instead of water)

A regular Sculpin while cooking, and a mixed beer with dinner. The bartenders at the tasting room recommend half India Kunindra and half Habanero Sculpin. It is an interesting flavor profile.
NColoradoAG
**** it. It's Friday

Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Drinking a Here Goes Nothin' right now... That Diacetyl is outta control. Glad this is a single and I didn't buy a 4 pack. I'm not usually that sensitive to off flavors, but it's strong.

Is that what I tasted when I had it earlier this week? Was such a bittering sour flavor.
NoneGiven
AG
I heard they had a pretty terrible batch where the lactobacillus took over. Leaving the beer stinking of blue cheese and butyric.

My four pack was tasty, but I never poured in to a glass so I may have missed the bad nose.
Ags #1
AG
Anyone know if petrol station does crowler fills on special draft beers like BB6, BB9, or pumpkinator? Was going to head up there today and see if they had any left on draft and maybe even grab a crowler.
Jock 07
AG
Am I correct in assuming that there is no distribution of sante adairius?
La Fours
AG
As far as I know they do not distribute.
jah003
S
quote:
I heard they had a pretty terrible batch where the lactobacillus took over. Leaving the beer stinking of blue cheese and butyric.

My four pack was tasty, but I never poured in to a glass so I may have missed the bad nose.

The initial nose and lingering aftertaste were buttered popcorn... Kind of disappointed they decided to can it anyways. I may just trade for quantities of WB Gose for this summer.
defroach
Well, Jester King and Craft Beer Austin are teaming up for a cruise out of Galveston with a pretty solid beer list.

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/jester-king-brewery-craft-beer-western-caribbean-cruise/
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Well, Jester King and Craft Beer Austin are teaming up for a cruise out of Galveston with a pretty solid beer list.

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/jester-king-brewery-craft-beer-western-caribbean-cruise/
Solid beer list, but I don't think I could handle all the shirtless neckbeards.
jh0400
AG
Neckbeards plus cruise people all in one place. **** that.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Neckbeards plus cruise people all in one place. **** that.

This
Bmac04
AG
Great way to start a Saturday
Scriffer
AG
I have seen exactly one of those beers ibuprofen real life
BSD
AG
Holy Caca.
wessimo
AG
quote:

I'd like to Tylenol but if I spent the $$ to aquire a few of those my wife would have my aspirin.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:

I'd like to Tylenol but if I spent the $$ to aquire a few of those my wife would have my aspirin.

Well that's my leader for autocorrect mishap of the month.
NColoradoAG
Finished mowing just as the thunderstorms rolled in

Geriatric Punk
AG
Nice NorCol. My wife is from WI and we drink the Double Eagle from NG every time we go home. I have a Spotted Cow tacker in the basement.

Today was Pliny, Blind Pig, Tank 7, and River North Hoppenberg. Denver afternoon.
turfman80
AG
quote:

MF'er. You've got to be kidding me!
jh0400
AG
quote:

I'm not going to ask how you can afford all of that, but I am curious as to how you find it and have the right stuff to trade for it.
Bmac04
AG
Email me and I can try to tell you....
jh0400
AG
quote:
Email me and I can try to tell you....

Sent.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Bishops Barrel is not available in kegs anywhere. Bottles only, and exclusively in bars/restaurants
cc10106
Petrol Station had BB on draft Friday, along with $20 flights. I wanna say it was #'s 5 and 9 on draft. Also, i'm pretty sure the brewery has kegs of it for their pub nights.
NColoradoAG
Blind tasting some honey saisons while planting flowers with the wifey. Hill Farmstead Anna and Casey East Bank. She poured them and I've got no idea which is which.

steve00
AG
The best way to shop for beer is while drinking a beer.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Blind tasting some honey saisons while planting flowers with the wifey. Hill Farmstead Anna and Casey East Bank. She poured them and I've got no idea which is which.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the East Bank as I just picked up a bottle of that yesterday.
NColoradoAG
East Bank wins by a large margin. East Bank has the perfect balance of funk, tartness, and sweetness. The nose Is like pure lemons and honey. Anna is pretty tasty too. More earthy, sweet, and malty with less funk. Much more honey flavor.
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on the East Bank as I just picked up a bottle of that yesterday.

This was the 2/12/15 east bank, which seems to be these consensus best of the three batches. The last batch for about 4 months drops next month, along with Seasons Past which will be a bottling of 8 month old East Bank.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, I picked up the 31 Mar bottling which was the last one on the shelf. There were probably ~12 bottles of the saison as well.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Interesting, I picked up the 31 Mar bottling which was the last one on the shelf. There were probably ~12 bottles of the saison as well.

Same base brew as the February batch, just 4 more weeks in the barrel. It's a but more dry and tart, with less sweetness than the younger beer.
62strat
AG
quote:

just had a farmers strawberry today. God they make good beers. Not one yet that wasn't really good. I've got about a dozen in my basement still of all different kinds. Haven't sent the blackberry yet.
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:

just had a farmers strawberry today. God they make good beers. Not one yet that wasn't really good. I've got about a dozen in my basement still of all different kinds. Haven't sent the blackberry yet.

While still good, the strawberry has been my least favorite so far. It's just a little too sweet. Blueberry and blackberry are very good. I picked up some Pluot today. Not sure what to expect with an imaginary fruit.
First Page Last Page
Page 690 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.