Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,433 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by jah003
Hugo Stiglitzz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Came home to find this waiting on my porch. God bless the breweries in the NE, and their IPAs.

NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
Drinking a Boy King DIPA out of North Charleston, SC at a bar in Hilton Head. Really really good DIPA. Definitely check it out if you are ever out this way

Will do when I'm there, thanks.

Had some Boy King when I was out for the football game last year. Visiting COAST is weird though. Very small window when they're open and you have to take a tour to drink beer. It was also hot as **** because they didn't have A/C.
jetch17
AG
Definitely a good summer pool beer

NColoradoAG
WeldWerks Gose. I will bathe in this all summer.

Chipotlemonger
AG
First time to have this excellent saison.

La Fours
AG
Nice. That's always a good year round beer. I need to get one here soon.
dave99ag
AG
You can't go wrong with Tank 7.
Jock 07
AG
What's the verdict on strange? Almost picked up a bomber of their grapefruit breakfast ipa but decided to finish off the couple grapefruit sculpins and sucks that I still have.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

I'm beginning to see that!

It's great. Definitely not a crazy saison or having that spiced of a flavor. Just a really solid, mild, farmhouse ale.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I'm beginning to see that!

It's great. Definitely not a crazy saison or having that spiced of a flavor. Just a really solid, mild, farmhouse ale.

I love the Brett version.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Not quite that far south, only to Monterey/Carmel. Do plan on stopping by Sante Adairius Rustic Ales though.
Jealous
corndog04
AG
For bottles, I recommend (in this order):
Belmont Station
John's Market
The Beer Mongers
Hollywood Liquor
Imperial Bottle Shop

Of those, Beer Mongers would be the most convenient if you are staying downtown. They also have a small on-site bar with typically rare draft beers or you can open any of the bottles. They are also catty-corner from Apex which has amazing draft selection.
La Fours
AG
Is tank farm the base for the saison brett? It's damn good. But be careful opening it. I nearly lost an eye with the last one. Pretty sure my buddy has a dent in his ceiling from the cork.
NoneGiven
AG
How are the destihl sours? Grabbed a pomme and quad.
maca1028
Haven't had either one of those but here gose nothin is pretty good
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Haven't had either one of those but here gose nothin is pretty good

Same here
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Wasn't impressed with the Flemish but the gose and the berlinerweisse weren't bad
WorkBoots09
AG
My wife and I are taking a trip to Portland & Seattle next month for an anniversary. Is there anywhere up there where I can find some Russian River? I also need to build my list of options for breweries, pubs, bars, & bottle shops to hit while we're there. I've "promised" that this wouldn't just be a beer trip, but c'mon. When the hell are we going to be in the Pacific Northwest again, amirite?
maca1028
A lot of folks making a trip up to Portland this summer
Kyle98
AG
Forgot that I never got around to posting about my Bay area brewery visits from last weekend.

Thursday was the big day, Bear Republic for lunch and samplers, then Lagunitas for their 3pm tour and their big sampler, then on to Russian River. At Bear Republic we had one each of their standard and specialty samplers. That only left us the 4 sour/barrel aged beers, so we got a sample of each of those as well. Lots of good stuff, and since they're about to stop distributing here, it was nice to be able to try it all. At Lagunitas, they have a flight of everything they had on tap that day. I'd had about half of it before, probably. When we got to Russian River, they had just opened for the day after being closed for a private event with Cantillion and Allagash for most of the afternoon. They still had some of both on tap, so we got to try some of those as well as everything on the sampler, which didn't include the right side of the menu, so none of the barrel-aged stuff, unfortunately. Still, got to drink some really good beer. I actually preferred Blind Pig to Pliny, though.

On Saturday, we ventured into San Fran proper. Visited Thirsty Bear (ok), Cellermaker (outstanding) and 21st Amendment (it's right next to AT&T park, and really not too bad). No samplers there, just a beer or two at each.

All in all, it was a good weekend of beer (and wine on Friday) drinking. I'm going to need a couple of weeks for my liver to recover, though, I think!
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I actually preferred Blind Pig to Pliny, though.

Ditto. Wish I could find it in bottles.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
I wish I had been sober enough to think to buy some at the brewery when we left. I did get a sticker for the beer fridge, though.
jh0400
AG
quote:
which didn't include the right side of the menu, so none of the barrel-aged stuff, unfortunately.

That sucks. If I made a trip to RRBC and couldn't get Supplication on tap I'd pull a Rick James in the middle of the bar.

BSD
AG
*****yo bar!!!!!!!!!!!
steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
I actually preferred Blind Pig to Pliny, though.

What I found funny when I went was there was a limit on Blind Pig bottles, but no limit on Pliny.
big-ag
AG
Proud of my night last night. It was keep the glass night at Kelly's in Allen. Had the Community BBA Inspiration and then three Firestone Sucabas. Usually not a fan of barleywines but Sucaba was great.
MW13
AG
Anybody in DFW going to or been to this ?

Contemplating going but weather might be a problem. Was wondering how it was.
MW13
AG
dp
WorkBoots09
AG
MW13, I went last year. Overall there was a great variety, but it was hot and crowded when we went. Be sure to have some sort of parking/ride sharing/walking plan in place because it's a pretty large festival in downtown Grapevine. We had fun, but we've also been to some better beer festivals locally.

Just looked at the list of breweries represented. It's great to see some newer guys out and about (Audacity from Denton and Nine Band from Allen)!
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
Wasn't impressed with the Flemish but the gose and the berlinerweisse weren't bad
Yeah I enjoyed the Gose. Haven't tried the others.
The sours I grabbed are from the St Dekkera series.

Guess I should crack one tonight and see if I need to go buy more.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah I enjoyed the Gose. Haven't tried the others.
The sours I grabbed are from the St Dekkera series.

Guess I should crack one tonight and see if I need to go buy more.
Let me know how they are. I've seen a few of them here in the bottles but have only had the wild series so far.
jah003
S
Drinking a Here Goes Nothin' right now... That Diacetyl is outta control. Glad this is a single and I didn't buy a 4 pack. I'm not usually that sensitive to off flavors, but it's strong.
Mustang1
AG
Just knocked back 3 of these staycations. Definitely a beer for the pool or beach.
maca1028
Blood orange gose for me tonight while watching a little bball
Jock 07
AG
La follie, le terroir, 1/2 a funkwerks quad and a 1/2 a ten fidy for me this evening
First Page Last Page
Page 689 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.