Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,566,156 Views | 62472 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by jah003
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
<nerd talk on>
Luckily those type of accounts are fairly minimal in my world. I actually think the Exchange migration won't be too bad. It's the AD migration of all the systems that's going to suck. Wrangling in those laptops is like herding cats.
</nerd talk off>
BSD
AG
take it to the Nerdery board!
BSD
AgEng06
AG
quote:
<nerd talk on>
Luckily those type of accounts are fairly minimal in my world. I actually think the Exchange migration won't be too bad. It's the AD migration of all the systems that's going to suck. Wrangling in those laptops is like herding cats.
</nerd talk off>
This is more the Dave I know, as opposed to the cool beer drinker...
steve00
AG
Tried this last night. It was kind of meh. I didn't pour it out, but I wouldn't buy it again either.

Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
Wasn't a huge fan at first but as it's warmed up I'm starting to come around to it.
At 12%, it is probably warming you more than anything.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
<nerd talk on>
</nerd talk off>
When has Dave been a cool beer drinker?
dave99ag
AG
quote:

I'm multifaceted.

I think the students are sometimes shocked at things I do outside of my nerd-dom world.
AgEng06
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
<nerd talk on>
</nerd talk off>
At least the one he portrays on here...
dave99ag
AG
quote:

So I guess I shouldn't bring anything good from the Beer Archives in two weeks then?
Scriffer
AG
A cool guy would....
BSD
AG
City Acre Brewing sent out an email today. its about what you'd expect them to say...still working on it.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Specs here in CS. They've been getting it in every other week or so. Hoping they get Destihl Here Gose Nothing this week.

By far the best of the 3. If you happen upon the Flanders I'd suggest skipping it.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
Wasn't a huge fan at first but as it's warmed up I'm starting to come around to it.
At 12%, it is probably warming you more than anything.

True dat
Bmac04
AG
Starting the weekend a little early tonight.

Jock 07
AG
Came upon this on the way home today

NColoradoAG
quote:
Starting the weekend a little early tonight.

Is it a requirement to wear fluorescent colored shoes to your tastings?
Scriffer
AG
Looks like Kyle is having some fun at Lagunitas, judging from Untappd. Can't wait to be there in two weeks
BSD
AG
Good Lordy, bmac! How are you standing up after all that?
txaggie05
AG
Finally got my hands on some AV Blood Orange Gose. Good stuff.

Also picked up a mixer of Ruination 2.0. VERY TASTY.
BSD
AG
Scriffer, I got my fresh Pliny situation worked out. All I had to do was buy a '99 Harlan Estate from a store out there and they are overnighting it and three Pliny's at a discounted shipping rate. **** it, it's my vacation. It's not often that I take one. Ok, who am I kidding, but still...

Thanks though for your offer!
NoneGiven
AG
Also found Blood Orange Gose tonight. Looking forward to many more this summer.

Also liking this Victory Kirsch Gose
Chipotlemonger
AG
Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose? In CS spec's? Just asked someone to pick it up for me
Scriffer
AG
quote:
Scriffer, I got my fresh Pliny situation worked out. All I had to do was buy a '99 Harlan Estate from a store out there and they are overnighting it and three Pliny's at a discounted shipping rate. **** it, it's my vacation. It's not often that I take one. Ok, who am I kidding, but still...

Thanks though for your offer!
Great googly moogly

Glad you worked it out. Enjoy the trip!
txaggie05
AG
quote:
Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose? In CS spec's? Just asked someone to pick it up for me
I'm in San Antonio. First time I've seen it here.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm in San Antonio. First time I've seen it here.

Thought I saw someone see it in CS on here?
txaggie05
AG
La Fours said they had it at Spec's in CS
Inspector Spacetime
AG
My roommate is heading to Austin this weekend and I convinced him to go by Jester King since neither of us have been.

Any advice for a first timer likely going on a Sunday, as well as what beers to look for (apart from Black Metal being released Friday) that aren't available in Houston?
maca1028
I haven't traded much lately, would a few bottles of yellow rose pull in some not your fathers root beer? Judging by Instagram it looks like it's pretty easy to get in the places it's distributed to.
Hub05
AG
Maca, PayPal and a send me a label and I can send you some root beer. email me username at outlook. com
jah003
S
quote:
Any advice for a first timer likely going on a Sunday, as well as what beers to look for (apart from Black Metal being released Friday) that aren't available in Houston?

Shouldn't be too crowded at all on Sunday. The rain and lack of a fruited sour should keep the crowds away. I'd get there around noon to get a covered spot at Stanley's, though. Tap room lines could be long, so buy as much as you can the first time through. Eat some pizza and garlic knots. Don't get stuck in the mud... Bottles to go line looks solid this weekend. Boxers, Black Metal, Conquetier, and Frontera.
jah003
S
Speaking of JK, if anyone needs a go and pick it up for me bro, just let me know. I'll be out there at some point this weekend, but won't be buying any bottles. Email is my username at shsu dot edu.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Got talked into Evil Twin Moltov Cocktail (single hop - simcoe IPA) last night. Cracking it tonight. Anyone dig this one, or did I get sold?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Got talked into Evil Twin Moltov Cocktail (single hop - simcoe IPA) last night. Cracking it tonight. Anyone dig this one, or did I get sold?

The only evil twin beer I've enjoyed was Biscotti Break and some of the variants. Even that one was a slight miss for me because it was too heavy on dark fruit and figgy yeast esters.

I also think Jeppe is a total ****** so I don't buy much evil twin in general. Personally, I'd say there are many better hoppy offerings in Fort Collins. But, anything is worth trying. It's just a beer.
Geriatric Punk
AG
I'm always skeptical of East Coast IPAs. Ran through most of what FoCo has to offer at this point. It's been a fattening 9 months. I can't stop drinking the Just a Minor Threat from BBB. So glad it's back.
First Page Last Page
Page 684 of 1785

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.