Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,675,781 Views | 62647 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by maca1028
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Beat
BattleReady
Had a Kapuziner dunkelweizen the other night. I've had pretty good luck with the German beers I've tried lately, but this one was just...OK.

Although Wil Wheaton is now my friend on Untapp'd. So I got that goin' for me. Which is nice.
steve00
AG
Still no Cable Car, so I had to settle for some Pliny and Red Poppy.

mforce
AG
quote:
quote:
I will be in Sunnyvale, CA this week for work. Does anyone have any recommendations on breweries worth checking out in the area or bottles worth picking up?
SARA (Sante Adarius) is about 40 miles away. You also have Drake's nearby and a few places in SF. I'd hit SARA though. The two I've had were excellent beers. Bring us all back some bottles and you will be handsomely rewarded!
Thanks for the rec BSD. I drove down to SARA yesterday. They had 10ish beers on tap but the bottles truly shined. I picked up 2 bottles of Farmhouse Noir and 2 of their barrel aged quad. Solid stuff. I ran into some locals/staff sharing a bottle of Jester King at the bar. Small wold. Now I need to figure out how to pack these...
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I will be in Sunnyvale, CA this week for work. Does anyone have any recommendations on breweries worth checking out in the area or bottles worth picking up?
SARA (Sante Adarius) is about 40 miles away. You also have Drake's nearby and a few places in SF. I'd hit SARA though. The two I've had were excellent beers. Bring us all back some bottles and you will be handsomely rewarded!
Thanks for the rec BSD. I drove down to SARA yesterday. They had 10ish beers on tap but the bottles truly shined. I picked up 2 bottles of Farmhouse Noir and 2 of their barrel aged quad. Solid stuff. I ran into some locals/staff sharing a bottle of Jester King at the bar. Small wold. Now I need to figure out how to pack these...
*cough*hotel towels*cough*
La Fours
AG
Or put the bottles each in a sock. Then wrap in your shirts. With other clothes below and on top and in between.
maca1028

Not bad
Hugo Stiglitzz
A lot of ppl slammed OK-Si, saying it is the worst stout produced by Prairie, but I thought it was all right. My first time drinking a tequila barrel stout, good stuff IMO.
La Fours
AG
maca1028
Well...that went by by quickly
maca1028
Big sports night for the tine, got me a crooked stave in the fridge and a few IPA's
maca1028
I don't think it was worth the price but over all it was pretty tasty. I'm not sure that I'm going to be buying anymore $11 12oz bottles from them save maybe pirate bomb
maca1028
Dis shis right here son!

What an amazing beer!
Jock 07
AG
Dogpatch sour for me this evening.
62strat
AG
It is Cinco de Mayo afterall..

Jock 07
AG
quote:
It is Cinco de Mayo afterall..

Tasted that on tap the other night, it was interesting
BSD
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Awesome! I'm hoping they have bottles when I drive by there in August.
BSD
AG
quote:
Well...that went by by quickly

Indeed it did. And apparently you can't tell an ass chewer to eat a bag of floppy dicks, or the ban hammer will drop. I guess that applies to saying that to c*ntpickles that wish death upon you. Who knew?!?!?!
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Boulevard IMO usually makes decent beers but nothing outstanding. I think the Smokestack Series The Calling IPA is outstanding.
Geriatric Punk
AG
NorCol - have you seen Pliny at any of the stores in Fort Collins? I heard Wilbur's and Supermarket get it in from time to time. Have some buddies coming in from Texas who haven't had it and I want to try to score some if I can.

EDIT - apparently Wilbur's just had some last Thursday and won't get more for 4 weeks. Facelist to the rescue.
defroach
A lot of stuff going on in the last week.

First, here are the label approvals:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/tabc-label-and-brewery-approvals-may-5-2015/

Second, here are the list of breweries approved by the TABC over the last week or so:

Central City Brewing - Vancouver area
Aquabrew - San Marcos
Braman Brewing - Richmond, TX
Mahrs-Brau Bamberg - Germany
Evil Twin
3 Nations Brewing - Farmers Branch
Stillwater Artisanal
Ironsight - Cedar Park

And a quick look at next wave of breweries coming into the Austin area:

http://www.craftbeeraustin.com/upcoming-austin-breweries-may-2015/
army01
AG
quote:
Second, here are the list of breweries approved by the TABC over the last week or so:

Evil Twin
Stillwater Artisanal

My weenie just started to dance....
Scriffer
AG
Just picked up a couple Mole Temptresses at Spec's in Dallas. Got into a stare down with a neckbeard in front of me at the shelf. He had started loading his cart with them and asked the beer guy if they had any more in back because he wanted two cases.

Scriff: "Uhh can I have two?"

Bluetooth headphones neckbeard fluorescent Under Armour shirt: "I'll flip you for it."[/smirk]

Scriff: ".............." [/annoyed face usually reserved for vegans]

BHNFUAS: "..........here you go."

What's that really annoying forum for beer? I'm guessing he's on it.
dave99ag
AG
Good on you buying those two cases.
Kyle98
AG
Flight leaves in 3 hours for San Jose, I'll be hitting Bear Republic, Lagunitas, and RRBC tomorrow!
AgEng06
AG
Enjoy! I can't wait to get back to RRBC.

.... also, I'm jealous.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Have fun, amigo. Have a pint at McNear's in Petaluma for me. They will have Pliny on tap for sure.
Jock 07
AG
Jock 07
AG
Wasn't a huge fan at first but as it's warmed up I'm starting to come around to it.
La Fours
AG
I crushed a 6 pack of Anderson valley blood orange Gose. Damn this stuff is good.
dave99ag
AG
La Fours, where'd you pickup a the blood orange gose? I need to grab me some.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
La Fours, where'd you pickup a the blood orange gose? I need to grab me some.

This
La Fours
AG
Specs here in CS. They've been getting it in every other week or so. Hoping they get Destihl Here Gose Nothing this week.
dave99ag
AG
Gracias!

I'll stop by after my meeting that we talked about. Yay for mail migrations!
La Fours
AG
Cool. The email move is the easiest part. It's setting up all the shared inboxes and generic accounts and then getting those permissions re-applied.
First Page Last Page
Page 683 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.