Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,634,576 Views | 62600 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ChipFTAC01
BSD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm always skeptical of East Coast IPAs.

WEST SIDE TIL I DIE!!!!!!!!!

or until they hologram me, and then westside some more...
bevokilla
AG
quote:
My roommate is heading to Austin this weekend and I convinced him to go by Jester King since neither of us have been.

Any advice for a first timer likely going on a Sunday, as well as what beers to look for (apart from Black Metal being released Friday) that aren't available in Houston?
Conquetier is apparently amazing
La Fours
AG
CS Specs has Destihl Here Gose Nothing.
jh0400
AG
quote:
My roommate is heading to Austin this weekend and I convinced him to go by Jester King since neither of us have been.

Any advice for a first timer likely going on a Sunday, as well as what beers to look for (apart from Black Metal being released Friday) that aren't available in Houston?

Just a heads up, D&Q usually gets some of the harder to find JK beers. I've been able to get RU55, Snorkel, Repose, and Boxers there before.
wessimo
AG
quote:
CS Specs has Destihl Here Gose Nothing.

11th street Kroger in Houston has it too. $9.99 for a 4 pk. Also last time I was there they had it in the make your own sixer section.

It was way more tart than I was expecting. Totally different than the Real Ale version.
La Fours
AG
Real Ale is the odd duck of the different gose beers that I have tried. Theirs isn't as tart and has a ton of lime in it. I really like their take on the style, but it is way different. I haven't had Destihl's yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

CS Specs still had Blood Orange Gose and they also have Karbach Hop Delusion in 4 pack cans.
maca1028
Email sent, thanks man!
maca1028
I haven't had blood orange yet but here gose nothing is tasty as hell
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
or until they hologram me, and then westside some more...
Made me choke on my drink. Well done.
Stoli7
Just picked up some victory sour cherry Gos.
steve00
AG
quote:

I got a sixer of that last week. Didn't care for the first one, and haven't gotten around to trying it again.
jh0400
AG
quote:
quote:

I got a sixer of that last week. Didn't care for the first one, and haven't gotten around to trying it again.

I picked up a single today. I've yet to find a Gose that I like, so I'm not too optimistic about it.
Jock 07
AG
Just tried the breck/aspen sour colab. Not impressed.
jh0400
AG
Is the Destihl Flanders in production currently? Of the beers in their Wild Sour line, that is the one I'm most interested in.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
FYI to Houston ppl... the new Karbach restaurant tapped two Hop Delusions tonight, one aged in bourbon barrels, the other tequila barrels. BBH and Portee D'Or are also on tap and we have a slim and 1/2 BBL to go through of the former this weekend. Come through and check them out! There may be some more F.U.N. series stuff tapped too.
La Fours
AG
Damn this is good. I'm going to have to get more!!

Stoli7
Also got some grapefruit Sculpin. Love it!!
Jock 07
AG
Gonna be in Denver tomorrow. Taking the train in from federal center. Planning on hitting falling rock and depending on how hard it is to get there without a vehicle want to check out our mutual friend.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Gonna be in Denver tomorrow. Taking the train in from federal center. Planning on hitting falling rock and depending on how hard it is to get there without a vehicle want to check out our mutual friend.

IMO, there are a several better places in that area, namely Ratio and Beryls. Mockery is just a couple blocks up as well.
NColoradoAG
I may be around as well. We have a 930 tee time in westminster but I think we're going to bail and hit breweries once they're open.
jetch17
AG
BBH delusion? How is it, a west coast IPA with bourbon doesn't sound that appealing.

Although I'm a fan of clown lounge, I think rodeo clown and delusion are two totally different DIPAs

On that note, I need to go track down some Delusion cans today
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Yeah I was excited to try it because it sounded like something that shouldn't work, but I am very happy to confirm that it definitely does. Passed my glass around to other co-workers at the end of the night and everyone was a fan, though one preferred clown lounge still. I'll be curious to ask one of the production guys about how much time they actually spent in the barrel.

Hopefully there'll still be some of the tequila barrel delusion when it's time for an end of shift beer tonight. I can't say that I've had a TBA beer before.
BSD
AG
quote:
BBH delusion? How is it, a west coast IPA with bourbon doesn't sound that appealing.

Agreed. I want some dankness in my ipa, not bourbon.
Jock 07
AG
Interesting, apparently I haven't stayed on top of the new places up there. I'd love to meet up but I don't think I'll be up there til late afternoon. That Beryl's spot looks pretty cool.
jh0400
AG
BBHD sounds awful.
jah003
S
Anyone out at JK today? I'm hanging at Stanelys with an A&M hat and a baby strapped to me...
jetch17
AG
Just picked up some fresh ass cans of delusion at bunker. Time to ice these ho's down for the afternoon
Chipotlemonger
AG
Relaxing with a Strawberry Abita.

Texted my still-at-A&M-sister to check out spec's for me. She's currently holding onto Blood Orange Gose and Hop Delusion until one of us is traveling soon. Said that both were the last packs on the shelf. She is a good Ag.
jetch17
AG
Talmbout

Kyle98
AG
So, I'll post more when I get home tomorrow, but thoroughly enjoyed my Sonoma County beer adventure on Thursday. RRBC was great. We're in SF today, and sitting at a table at Cellarman's Brewing Company. About to try their taco-inspired IPA.
La Fours
AG
This was me around 10am.

Had a couple Here Gose Nothing as well. Then around 2:30pm had a 90 Schilling and showing off my new towel. Played in a scramble this morning and first place team got masters towels. We finished -5 and only had one bogey.

Also picked up a 4 pack of Victory Kirsch Cherry Gose at the south CS HEB.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Update: Tequila barrel Hop Delusion is on point
cpscAG06
AG
Jah, next time I am down there I will give you a call and see if we can meet up at JK
Jock 07
AG
So Beryl's is legit. Heading down to falling rock
NColoradoAG
quote:
So Beryl's is legit. Heading down to falling rock
I didn't make it south of 36. Went to 4 noses and Odd 13.
First Page Last Page
Page 685 of 1789

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.