Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,869 Views | 62652 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by swampstander
Mustang1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whole foods Katy should have some YR
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Blackhawk Shell is at 3698 FM 528, Friendswood, TX. It just looks like a typical corner store on the outside.
jh0400
AG
I picked up a Love Child #5 today at Specs. I didn't realize how proud they are of it. Hopefully this batch is good.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Ninkasi Ground Control Imperial Stout. Unique to say the least.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:
Where do you live to have to order that? see it all over Dallas

CA. It's a bit of a drive to Dallas.
i had just mentioned la folie and how it was cheaper in Bay Area. I remember seeing it several places up there. New Belgium is just about in all 50 states at this point, I figured they'd have a large presence in CA. You in a big market over there?
NColoradoAG
Peach Whiskey aged Tropic King

steve00
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Where do you live to have to order that? see it all over Dallas

CA. It's a bit of a drive to Dallas.
i had just mentioned la folie and how it was cheaper in Bay Area. I remember seeing it several places up there. New Belgium is just about in all 50 states at this point, I figured they'd have a large presence in CA. You in a big market over there?

I'm in San Diego, but I'm also lazy, so I don't chase beers at the store if I can find them online.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Dear lord. How is it? Have loved the two Funkwerks I have had.
NColoradoAG
quote:
It's the best beer they make. Raspberry Provencial and Brett Trois are a distant second and third.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You get all 3 in Colorado?

Anyone seen these 3 in Texas? Specifically, the metroplex?
NColoradoAG
quote:
You get all 3 in Colorado?

Anyone seen these 3 in Texas? Specifically, the metroplex?
Peach Whiskey Tropic King was brewery only. Not sure about distro on Brett Trois. Raspberry Provencial is made in larger, multiple batches so maybe it'll get down there.

Brad Lincoln, co founder of Funkwerks, was at a tasting a couple weeks ago I attended and mentioned they had dropped American Eagle locally and were looking for a new distributor in-state. Not sure how that affects Texas.
jetch17
AG
quote:
I am not but saw they are playing a Houston show on July 17th. I got a massive boner when I saw VIP tickets but then realized that was for Everlast, who I guess is headlining. Not my thing. Still debating if I'll go.

And nice haul, NorCol.

It's with everCLEAR and Fuel. I've gotta go to San antonio on business the 19th and am gonna catch em there
BSD
AG
Everclear??? I was way off. (Samsonite joke in there somewhere). I'll go check them out. Reminds me of my days in SoCal hitting the beach and snorting blow. Wait, what?
NColoradoAG
quote:
Reminds me of my days in SoCal hitting the beach and snorting blow. Wait, what?

NColoradoAG
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I struck out on Yellow Rose this Houston trip. The wife says I have to come back in a couple weeks so maybe I'll have better luck.

I did get a 4 pack of Crumudgeon by Founders though. Is it any good?
cc10106
You couldn't find YR bottles or on draft in the tine? Weird.
cc10106
It's a (512) night here with Wild Bear and CoCo Cerise. The latter was cask-conditioned and is a nice flavorful variant of their Pecan Porter.
cc10106
dp
cc10106
henny, I just saw you were near Katy. I heard Lone Pint is going to start packaging 4-packs of YR, so maybe that explains the recent shortage. If you're ever near Cypress, the HEB on Louetta usually offers growler fills of it.
steve00
AG
quote:
I struck out on Yellow Rose this Houston trip. The wife says I have to come back in a couple weeks so maybe I'll have better luck.

Next time, get on Specs website. It will tell you which locations have it. Their online inventory isn't very accurate, but it gives you a place to start. At whichever one you go to, have them look up the actual inventory on their system. That one is accurate. That's how I found a case of it last time I was in Houston. Only had to go to two Specs.
Geriatric Punk
AG
quote:
quote:
It's the best beer they make.
Fully agree.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
You couldn't find YR bottles or on draft in the tine? Weird.

I only had time to go to one place after a one year Old's birthday party and a sleepy one year old of my own. The Whole Foods around Katy was out.
army01
AG
quote:

If you are going to be around DFW this week, it might be here...I know Halls got some last Thursday. I haven't seen it anywhere else though.
steve00
AG
Had this at a bar. Pretty good. It seems sour ales are the sours I like most.

No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
quote:

If you are going to be around DFW this week, it might be here...I know Halls got some last Thursday. I haven't seen it anywhere else though.

I will be around. I've still got that whiskey barrel aged belgian beer for you too. Let me know if you're going to be in Fort Worth.

I'm going back to Houston in two weeks too so if you want something from there I can bring it back if I find it.
Jock 07
AG
maca1028
Dissident for me and Rubaeus for the Mrs. Getting ready for the Rockets game
maca1028
Also just booked our trip to Portland this summer
Jason_Ag98
AG
How is the Dissident? Haven't opened mine yet.
maca1028
Not bad, good cherry funk with a slight bitterness
jah003
S
So... this happened today. My cellar was getting full, it needed cleaning.

62strat
AG
quote:
Had this at a bar. Pretty good. It seems sour ales are the sours I like most.

sour ales.... as opposed to.. sour lagers???

army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I will be around. I've still got that whiskey barrel aged belgian beer for you too. Let me know if you're going to be in Fort Worth.

I'm going back to Houston in two weeks too so if you want something from there I can bring it back if I find it.
I'm around this week, though Friday is probably about the only opportunity I'll have to meet up. I still have a '14 Sucaba for you as well.
Kyle98
AG
So, my new National Guard boss lives in Albuquerque and has offered to bring me some La Cumbre to our next drill weekend. What should I have him get for me?
First Page Last Page
Page 678 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.