Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,674,204 Views | 62644 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Quincey P. Morris
cpscAG06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No, I am in Southlake. There is a place about a mile from my house that has it on the shelf still
MW13
AG
Anybody found any Bishop's Barrel 9 around Ft. Worth?
army01
AG
quote:
Anybody found any Bishop's Barrel 9 around Ft. Worth?
Brass Tap had it, not sure about others...
La Fours
AG
So anyone want to discuss the JK/CS/Swiss brewery collab beer? That's really not a collaboration, but 3 breweries using the same recipe, but different yeasts and bugs to make a beer at their different locations and then not selling them together or anything?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
It's an interesting concept but, like you mentioned, not giving people the ability to easily purchase all three makes it kind of pointless for anybody outside the respective breweries.
NColoradoAG
quote:
So anyone want to discuss the JK/CS/Swiss brewery collab beer? That's really not a collaboration, but 3 breweries using the same recipe, but different yeasts and bugs to make a beer at their different locations and then not selling them together or anything?

Collaboration beers are stupid. That's all I've got.
jah003
S
quote:

Don't really get it... sure it'll be delicious... (#JKhomer)... neckbeards don't care cause it ain't fruited...
dave99ag
AG
Sitting in a DC pizza joint drinking Belgian sours with my wife. Not a bad Friday night.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Anybody drank a Barrel Aged Inspiration from Community yet?

I picked up a four pack today. If it's good the HEB in Burleson got 5 cases.
maca1028
I haven't made it by any of the places you guys recommended yet but I stumble into a central market and got a growler fill of BBT
turfman80
AG
quote:
quote:

The ratio of meh collaboration beers to great ones is about 23:1
cpscAG06
AG
Henry,

BA Inspiration is pretty good.
cpscAG06
AG
Maca, what central market did you go to?
maca1028
It was over by SMU
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The ratio of meh collaboration beers to great ones is about 23:1
I still think Stone has had some solid ones...Dayman, Mint Chocolate, w00tstout...
Scriffer
AG
The Peticolas / Green Flash Operation Collaboration is pretty amazing, and I really liked Blakkr from Surly/Real Ale/Three Floyds. Not sure of that one really counts though, since they did the separate breweries with separate releases.

Most other stuff I haven't liked. The Rahr / Lakewood DFW was not good at all.
dixie whiskey
AG
busting my crooked stave cherry tonight. dry hopped surette reserva. very special thanks to BSD for the hookup. loving this one so far. doubt the l'brett d'pluot makes it past tomorrow night, really looking forward to that one.
MW13
AG
quote:
The Peticolas / Green Flash Operation Collaboration is pretty amazing, and I really liked Blakkr from Surly/Real Ale/Three Floyds. Not sure of that one really counts though, since they did the separate breweries with separate releases.

Most other stuff I haven't liked. The Rahr / Lakewood DFW was not good at all.
Randomly I like the Rahr /Lakewood collaboration better than 95% of the stuff from Rahr.

On another note I had Allergeez from Panther Island tonight and really liked it.
Ags #1
AG
Drank a tropicalia tonight. That was some good stuff!
Geriatric Punk
AG
The conflux series no. 1 collaboration between Deschutes and Hair of the Dog was pretty rad.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Tropicalia is awesome! All the stuff from Creature Comforts that I tried was really good. I would love to find a way to get some more Tropicalia in Texas too. If you see anymore of their Southerly Love up there, it is definitely worth trying.
corndog04
AG
quote:
The conflux series no. 1 collaboration between Deschutes and Hair of the Dog was pretty rad.

Got a couple of these in the cellar
BSD
AG
quote:
busting my crooked stave cherry tonight. dry hopped surette reserva. very special thanks to BSD for the hookup. loving this one so far. doubt the l'brett d'pluot makes it past tomorrow night, really looking forward to that one.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Buttload of Pumpkinator and Bomb at 11th Street Kroger.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Just left there with some Brooklyn Black Ops and Bomb but didnt see any Pumpkinator left. No worries, don't even like drinking Pumpkinator more than once a year.

Had some other good ish if anyone else is in the neighborhood right now, and at least 10 more Q4 2014 Black Ops

Thanks for the heads up!
maca1028
Thanks for all the hints from the Dallas folks! As I said earlier I came away with a growler of BBT which was a win in my book, no luck on the raspberry but I didn't look around to hard after getting the BBT which I plan on tapping into later while watching the Rockets do work on the Mavs
Geriatric Punk
AG
Oatmeal IPA at New Belgium today for packet pick-up. Meh. I respect NB, but just don't care for most of their stuff. Their IPAs are all more bitter than floral/citrusy. Fine for some, but I prefer West Coast style (cascade hops, etc). Place was bumping, though. Nuts.
dixie whiskey
AG
picked up some of the destihl wild sour gose today. this any good? for $10/4 pack you can't really beat the price. I grabbed 3 because I figure they won't be there long.
AggieOO
Anyone looking for Repose, red Horn has it. $25.

Also have ol oi.
Bmac04
AG
Had one hell of a share today. Westly was the best bottle for me. Its like West Ashely on steroids.

jah003
S
quote:
Had one hell of a share today. Westly was the best bottle for me. Its like West Ashely on steroids.

La Fours
AG
Damn
jh0400
AG
quote:

I need more friends who have money and like beer.
maca1028
Bmac!
cpscAG06
AG
Bmac, I see you're friends with W Tucker
First Page Last Page
Page 671 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.