Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,655 Views | 62615 Replies | Last: 33 min ago by SoTxAg
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a huge ass arrogant bazturd at a liquor store near me (Colorado).
It's about 2' tall. I think there is also a duvel.
They are both like $100.

I've seen them in Vegas too, but never Tx.
Ol' Texas is loosein' up.
La Fours
AG
My local HEB had a 3L bottle of arrogant bazzzterd. Or maybe it was a 1.5L. Some local bought it and gave it to coach G Gurerri. Apparently G had it out in California and the local was on the trip and knew he really liked it. So bought it as a gift.
maca1028
I'm not sure, I haven't gotten one filled there before either
maca1028
I think I was wrong about that being at the Houston store, I just went back to look at the tweet and it was from CM's general Twitter account. Looks like it's a Dallas store, total foul on my part, would've been nice to finally get some BBT down here
Ags #1
AG
No worries Maca. Hopefully bbt makes it to Houston one day.
Ags #1
AG
No worries maca. Hopefully bbt makes it to Houston one day.
NColoradoAG
quote:
Crooked Stave is pretty much maxed out on production, coming to TX would be a huge investment.
Actually, I don't think they are close to maxed out. They just had a huge amount of capacity freed up by ending their reserve club, and they add foeders, puncheons, and barrels at a ridiculous rate. They are also finally brewing on their own equipment in-house. They distribute to about a dozen states already. Their beers are sitting around here these days so I'm sure they're looking to keep expanding the footprint.

Obviously there is a lag time because the beers take time to produce, but the capacity is definitely growing.

I would bet they will be in TX by the end of the year. It may start out as just Vieille, Surette, and St. Bretta, but the larger yield wild ales like Origins, L Brett D'or, and Nightmare on Brett have all been making it out to CA, FL, NY, etc.
corndog04
AG
quote:
Actually, I don't think they are close to maxed out. They just had a huge amount of capacity freed up by ending their reserve club, and they add foeders, puncheons, and barrels at a ridiculous rate. They are also finally brewing on their own equipment in-house. They distribute to about a dozen states already. Their beers are sitting around here these days so I'm sure they're looking to keep expanding the footprint.

Obviously there is a lag time because the beers take time to produce, but the capacity is definitely growing.

I would bet they will be in TX by the end of the year. It may start out as just Vieille, Surette, and St. Bretta, but the larger yield wild ales like Origins, L Brett D'or, and Nightmare on Brett have all been making it out to CA, FL, NY, etc.

Saw an announcement yesterday that they've signed up with a distributor in OR as well.
corndog04
AG
dp
NoneGiven
AG
Stumbled upon a bottle ive never seen before. Cuvee du mortagne. anyone have experience with their oak series
Stoli7
Trying out a destihl wild sour. Here Gose nothing.

Pretty good!
Jock 07
AG
Tried their gose this past weekend as well. Infinitely better than the Flanders variant.
maca1028

Starting off with this from half acre
maca1028
Someone on here told me last week that there was a total wine in the Dallas area that had rasp temptress on the shelf still, just curious if that's still the case, I'll be in Grapevine Friday and Saturday
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had picked up a sixer of Hop Rising a few weeks ago. Never had it out of the can before but really enjoyed it on tap. I had one on Sunday while watching golf and didn't think much of it, but after having a second one tonight I've got to say I'm a little disappointed. I remember it being pretty great and my one tonight was decidedly average. Not bad by any measure, but nothing special
txag2008
AG
They still had some last Thurs. (Lewisville)
maca1028
Thanks txag!
dixie whiskey
AG
picked up some vanilla mocha sunset tonight. really loving this one. I was already a pretty big fan of buffalo sunset, but this one's quite a bit different. I don't even know if you can still call it a black ipa, but it's still got some bitterness to it, just a lot more roasted coffee vanilla mocha fantasticness.
DallasAggie2012
AG
I would check the Kroger in southlake as well. Last time I was there they still had a bunch. At least worth a call probably. If you don't find any, I have an extra one if you want it or want to swap something for it.
aggiemike02
AG
had a growler of this over the weekend. really solid beer.
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Someone on here told me last week that there was a total wine in the Dallas area that had rasp temptress on the shelf still, just curious if that's still the case, I'll be in Grapevine Friday and Saturday
Market Street in Flower Mound had a whole bunch last weekend.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
I would check the Kroger in southlake as well. Last time I was there they still had a bunch. At least worth a call probably. If you don't find any, I have an extra one if you want it or want to swap something for it.
How does their selection compare to central market's generally? When I'm visiting the in laws in far NW Ft Worth, central market seems to have the best selection closest to them other than the fossil creek liquor store in saginaw.
maca1028
Sounds like I'm covered, thanks guys! Are there any other variants still floating around up there?
Kyle98
AG
quote:
Sounds like I'm covered, thanks guys! Are there any other variants still floating around up there?
I *think* this was the first one they bottled. There might be some kegs of the others floating around somewhere, though. I haven't seen any in a while, but I don't really go looking, either.
defroach
Backcountry Brewing - Colorado
Brasserie McAuslan (Biere St. Ambroise) - Montreal

Both were approved today for sales in TX
DallasAggie2012
AG
Central Market has a way better selection. Each Kroger varies wildly with the location. The southlake one has a decent selection, but most are very average. Some local stuff but never anything beyond standard seasonal and year rounds, which is coming a long way from what they used to have though.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Central Market has a way better selection. Each Kroger varies wildly with the location. The southlake one has a decent selection, but most are very average. Some local stuff but never anything beyond standard seasonal and year rounds, which is coming a long way from what they used to have though.

Another nice thing about the Southlake Kroger is that when they do get stuff that is better than normal, it seems to stick around longer since no one ever checks there. Last time I was there they still had a few bottles of Pumpking. Every now and then they also have the Lakewood temptress in their "make your own six pack" selection. I'm not sure how they get their stuff but I'm alright with it when it's sold out everywhere but there
cpscAG06
AG
maca, I can hook you up with some Rasp Temptress.

dougingalls at geemail dot cizom
maca1028
Cool, I'll let you know if I don't have any luck. You're in Houston right?
Hub05
AG
More of BSD's delicious CS stash

maca1028
Cheers!
MW13
AG
Yep Maca your good for Raspberry Temptress. It was still at total wine today and if its not there and nobody else comes through I've got some you can have up here.

Also had my first Delerium Tremens tonight I know thats probably just a run of the mill for most of you guys but I really liked it. That was a damn good beer.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Having some Ballast Point Tongue Buckler. Very nicely balanced red. Hoppy but not over done.
txag2008
AG
Had the Martin House Counter-Clockwise Swirl. Oatmeal blonde with cocoa nibs & vanilla bean.

Really interesting in that it definelty doesn't taste like it looks. Decent beer, but probably more of a novelty beer then anything.
BSD
AG
So is anyone going to DLD next week? The people watching there is fantastic!!!!
First Page Last Page
Page 670 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.