Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,643,915 Views | 62617 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by swampstander
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That guy really needs to get over himself. Its his store and he can do what he wants but this is pretty childish. This is like an Aggie not going to Whataburger because its orange.
aggiemike02
AG
i actually appreciate them sticking to their values. they run a great business and certainly dont need the $ from GI, or any ABI sales.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
That guy really needs to get over himself. Its his store and he can do what he wants but this is pretty childish. This is like an Aggie not going to Whataburger because its orange.

IMO it would be more like an Aggie not going to Whataburger because in Whataburger's latest round of national commercials they just ran a loop of the Corps nut-squeeze saying "If you don't want to be like LOLZ! STOOPID ****, then come eat an A1 Thick & Hearty Burger"
dummble
AG
Will the bottles be to-go? or Do you have to drink them there?
dixie whiskey
AG
not sure what bottle limits are gonna be like, but if anyone makes it to the fire sale and is abe to snag an extra vanilla or backyard rye, I'll pay for that and the cost of whatever other bottle that person wants for themselves. I've yet to get my hands on a vanilla rye and have been dying to try it. unfortunately my work schedule isn't allowing for me to make it. I know it's a long shot but I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm on the nw side out toward cypress if it makes a difference for meeting up to handle business. and while I'm begging, I'm also looking to aquire literally any crooked stave sour, as I've never had the pleasure. I don't have much in the way of trade because I generally drink all the good **** I come across, but I'll pay well above cost. I can trade a funky jewbelation 15, jester king gotlandstrika, apple brandy noir, a few jolly pumpkin offerngs, the russian imperial bishops barrel, mirror mirror, and a few others if trading is a must
NColoradoAG
The amount of teeth gnashing that commercial has caused is hilarious. Some brewers and beer geeks are so thin skinned. Not a week goes by that I don't see a craft brewery or craft-centric taphouse post some sort of "friends don't let friends drink fizzy yellow beer" or "Budweiser is just a redneck alcohol delivery system" type meme, post, or tshirt on their facebook or twitter feed.

That commercial nailed a lot of the annoying stereotypes within craft beer right now.

The Hay Merchant guy can do whatever he wants, but if he thinks he's some sort of crusader, he's way off.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
The guy has values. I applaud him.

Me? I'm a *****. I want the BCBS.

#RNS
NColoradoAG
quote:
while I'm begging, I'm also looking to aquire literally any crooked stave sour, as I've never had the pleasure. I don't have much in the way of trade because I generally drink all the good **** I come across, but I'll pay well above cost.
BSD has a **** load of Stave that he doesn't drink. If he's too stingy I can sell you some bottles at cost and send them down.

I also don't think it'll be long before they start distributing down there.
army01
AG
quote:
quote:
while I'm begging, I'm also looking to aquire literally any crooked stave sour, as I've never had the pleasure. I don't have much in the way of trade because I generally drink all the good **** I come across, but I'll pay well above cost.
BSD has a **** load of Stave that he doesn't drink. If he's too stingy I can sell you some bottles at cost and send them down.

That is the rumor we're hearing. Hoping that it is true. Just throw it on the Funkwerks truck as it heads down...
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is the rumor we're hearing. Hoping that it is true. Just throw it on the Funkwerks truck as it heads down...

Hopefully the distributor sits on it for a month or two. They are still releasing beers way too young. Last two bottles I've opened were pure diacetyl drain pours.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hopefully the distributor sits on it for a month or two. They are still releasing beers way too young. Last two bottles I've opened were pure diacetyl drain pours.
which ones were those?
dave99ag
AG
quote:

Funkwerks is coming to TX? I'm down with that.
Scriffer
AG
Funkwerks has been in Dallas a couple months now.

Deceit, Tropic King, and Saison are pretty easy to come by at this point.
dave99ag
AG
They need to get down here and bring some Stave with them too.
BSD
AG
quote:

Wtf? Who the hell do you think you are volunteering my beer. Are you my ****ing inventory manager of all of a sudden?

But yeah, my boy is right. I'll hook you up. Email me (profile)
BSD
AG
quote:

#RNS
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

which ones were those?
Progenitor and Raspberry Petit Sour
Jock 07
AG
Interesting I thought progenitor tasted alright
NColoradoAG
quote:

There is definitely bottle variation. I had progenitor at a buddies place and it was fine. I opened several surette reserva cassis and they were pretty good while others had diacetyl problems in their bottles. It's fairly obvious that they don't give a **** at this point. They're going to rack the beer, bottle it, and sell it.
Jock 07
AG
That's pretty ****ty when you're paying at least ~8 bucks a bottle
maca1028
quote:
quote:

There is definitely bottle variation. I had progenitor at a buddies place and it was fine. I opened several surette reserva cassis and they were pretty good while others had diacetyl problems in their bottles. It's fairly obvious that they don't give a **** at this point. They're going to rack the beer, bottle it, and sell it.

What's your opinion about serenata notturna? I brought a bottle back with me and can't decide whether to drink it now or hold on to it for a bit
NColoradoAG
quote:
quote:
quote:

What's your opinion about serenata notturna? I brought a bottle back with me and can't decide whether to drink it now or hold on to it for a bit

Haven't had it yet, but I'd give it a month at room temp and then go for it
maca1028
maca1028
Not a pumkinator fan but this is pretty good
MW13
AG
That one sounds awesome! I love pumpkinator and bourbon barrel stuff so I can't wait to try that one.
dixie whiskey
AG
quote:
quote:

Wtf? Who the hell do you think you are volunteering my beer. Are you my ****ing inventory manager of all of a sudden?

But yeah, my boy is right. I'll hook you up. Email me (profile)

haha damn you're a saint. I'll email you when I get home from work, thanks. and thanks to nco for looking out, much obliged to you both. been hearing such great thinks about crooked stave and I'm a huge fan of sours, been trying to land some forever now. thanks again.
Jock 07
AG
Don't really know anything about this but figured for 10 bucks for a bba beer I'd give it a shot
maca1028
Central market in the tine has BBA temptress for growler fills
jah003
S
quote:
Wow, 9L and 3L sizes. Seems like something people will go crazy over with the recent JK 1.5L release. I'm sure it will be incredibly expensive as well. We should try to get one bottle for a football bottle share this year though just to say we did it.haha
Lets snag one and get an Austin Beerworks 99 pack as well... Greatest bottle share of all time?
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
Wow, 9L and 3L sizes. Seems like something people will go crazy over with the recent JK 1.5L release. I'm sure it will be incredibly expensive as well. We should try to get one bottle for a football bottle share this year though just to say we did it.haha
Lets snag one and get an Austin Beerworks 99 pack as well... Greatest bottle share of all time?

This. So much this.
defroach
As far as the AB-InBev thing - I have no issue with a craft beer business refusing to do business with AB-InBev. Why would that be considered butthurt?

I stopped buying Goose Island beer. Bourbon County is a ****ing great beer. But, I rather put my money into business that are not actively trying to take down craft beer. Simple as that.

He feels the same way.

Sure, AB-InBev will not suffer from this. Nor will his business either. But, AB-InBev constantly is trying to get laws passed to screw over small breweries. They are trying to become all 3 tiers of the beer scene. They will do anything they can to keep control of it.

I do not shop at WalMart because I think they are a **** store. I do not buy AB-InBev because I think they are a **** company who is actively trying to destroy something I enjoy.

So, yes, everyone knows him boycotting won't do anything. But, he is also standing up for seeing AB InBev as a **** company.

Basically, there are too many good breweries out there to be wasting your time on giving them money. 2 years ago? We did not have near the selection of the beer we do now. Regular GI beers are alright, and nothing special. So no lose there. Most of the others can be replaced by other beers we now get. Bourbon County is the only hard one, but more and more beers are coming in that are similar and just as good.
defroach
quote:
quote:
quote:

I have been hearing similar things lately. Havent heard anything specific, but I expect their brewery approval to come through in the near future for TX.

But, I have also heard things about the Bruery from people in the know. That one has yet to come true either.

As with anything TABC related, I will believe it when I see it. Crooked Stave is pretty much maxed out on production, coming to TX would be a huge investment.
DallasAggie2012
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh heck yeah! That would be one epic bottle share. Stuff of legends right there.
Scriffer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh heck yeah! That would be one epic bottle share. Stuff of legends right there.
I'll bring the crazy straws.
Ags #1
AG
Never had a growler fill there. Can I bring in my
Own 32oz growler or does it have to be a central market growler?
First Page Last Page
Page 669 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.