Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,678,159 Views | 62653 Replies | Last: 54 min ago by SoTxAg
Quincey P. Morris
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Edited the spreadsheet with my info.
maca1028
Shell blackhawk has Sucaba behind the counter but the neckbeard working the register wouldn't sell it to me because they weren't ready to "release" it yet.
steve00
AG
My haul from this weekend. Next time we are going to drive so I can fill the trunk up with cases of beer.

Ran out of room in the fridge. I need to throw away some more food. Had to use the wine fridge as a temporary beer staging area.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
quote:
Shell blackhawk has Sucaba behind the counter but the neckbeard working the register wouldn't sell it to me because they weren't ready to "release" it yet.
So are they going to start holding things until everybody sells out? I know of some bars doing that with kegs, but that's an irritating trend.
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
quote:
So are they going to start holding things until everybody sells out? I know of some bars doing that with kegs, but that's an irritating trend.
I had a store tell me they weren't ready to release a beer, but it was because they hadn't added it in to their system yet.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
This place is literally a Shell station and the owners like beer so they have a ton. They just tag the tops with prices and manually type it in when you check out.
maca1028
That's the second time I have had an issue with this guy, when pirate Bomb came out he had them sitting out behind the counter but said he was holding them for friends. I like that place and the owner but that ****** nozzle needs to go
La Fours
AG
I held out as long as I could. But I just had to open this tonight. And damn. It is amazing.

army01
AG
note to self...next time, heed the warning on the bottle of Squatters Outer Darkness and share with a friend....especially when attempting to sit through a lecture on technology systems.
Jock 07
AG
Funky gold Amarillo for me tonight. Can't remember if I liked mosaic better or not
army01
AG
Amarillo seemed more sour to me. Definitely preferred it to Mosaic.
Hugo Stiglitzz
quote:
That's the second time I have had an issue with this guy, when pirate Bomb came out he had them sitting out behind the counter but said he was holding them for friends. I like that place and the owner but that ****** nozzle needs to go
Was it the bald guy with glasses, or bearded young guy?

Feel like the old bald guy is kind of a dick when I show up late to buy limited release beer, and their out.
maca1028
The bearded young guy
Quincey P. Morris
AG
I think I bought pirate bomb from him. If he's saving things for his friends he needs to go. Or at least have the common sense to put it out of sight.
NoneGiven
AG
Is Dissident worth hording? Haven't cracked a bottle since it suggests cellaring for a few months; so I am not certain what I am sitting on.
BattleReady
Any room for a Nevada fan in here? At least, until September 19th?
MW13
AG
quote:
quote:
Was it the bald guy with glasses, or bearded young guy?

Feel like the old bald guy is kind of a dick when I show up late to buy limited release beer, and their out.

I hate people like this. You go in and just ask if by chance they happen to still have any of beer X and they give you a laugh and say "ya right" like you're some kind of idiot. Sorry I have a job that doesn't allow me to be camped out at liquor store all morning. Crazy right?
NColoradoAG
Cheeky Monk tapping Younger on Monday. Backcountry Pizza on Sunday.
La Fours
AG
I'm a Deschutes honk. So I think so. At least hording 1 or 2 bottles. When I can, I like to drink one now and then age at least one. But with dissident I only got one bottle.
La Fours
AG
Holy crap. That's awesome. Nice haul.
La Fours
AG
Welcome. Where do you live? What is your favorite style of beer? And do you like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? And what is your opinion on buying beer from an out of state retail establishment to be shipped to your home? And do you frequent the BA forums?

How you answer those questions will determine your acceptance here.

I may or may not be srs right now.
army01
AG
quote:
I'm a Deschutes honk. So I think so. At least hording 1 or 2 bottles. When I can, I like to drink one now and then age at least one. But with dissident I only got one bottle.
Tell me about it. I think 1/2 of my cabinet is occupied by Deschutes Reserve Series or Firestone Walker Proprietor's Vintage Series
army01
AG
quote:
Welcome. Where do you live? What is your favorite style of beer? And do you like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? And what is your opinion on buying beer from an out of state retail establishment to be shipped to your home? And do you frequent the BA forum?

Only srs if it something smells phischy....
AgEng06
AG
quote:
Welcome. Where do you live? What is your favorite style of beer? And do you like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? And what is your opinion on buying beer from an out of state retail establishment to be shipped to your home? And do you frequent the BA forum?

Robert C. Christian
AG
Anyone in DFW seeing the Raspberry Temptress drop today?
Scriffer
AG
Just got back to work and saw it on Twitter. Can't get back out there.
ElectricAg13
AG
quote:
Anyone in DFW seeing the Raspberry Temptress drop today?
I just saw that Halls off 121 got it in today. They said no limit. Must have gotten a good bit in. Going to stop by on my way home and pick at least one up.
DallasAggie2012
AG
It should be pretty easy to get hands on it since they produced three times as much of this than the BBT thankfully. It seems like most places are getting quite a few cases as well. Lonestar Beverages in Carrolton also got it today.
Scriffer
AG
Ended up going for it. Got three bombers, two glasses, and an Abyss they had hidden behind the counter.
mforce
AG
Added my username to the untappd spreadsheet.

Anyone find any grapefruit sculpin in the Austin area? WF ran out right before I got there last time I stopped by.
maca1028
nice scriffer
maca1028
I did end up getting a pirate from him that night but that was after I gave him **** for leaving it out in the open. I guess that's just part of the game. I complain now but the next limited release hits and I'll be right back out there looking for it
NoneGiven
AG
quote:
Added my username to the untappd spreadsheet.

Anyone find any grapefruit sculpin in the Austin area? WF ran out right before I got there last time I stopped by.
I've seen it at South Lamar Wine and Spirits, Whichcraft, and Specs. You should be able to call one Specs and have them check inventory for you.

Hit up star bar to see if they still have some on tap.

If all else fails, I can spare a bottle.
NoneGiven
AG
Also Hopfields is tapping Sculpin , Habanero, and Grapefruit tonight.
BattleReady
quote:
Welcome. Where do you live? What is your favorite style of beer? And do you like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale? And what is your opinion on buying beer from an out of state retail establishment to be shipped to your home? And do you frequent the BA forums?

~ I'm in Sparks, Nevada (greater Reno area), and am hoping to fly out to see my Wolf Pack get their lunch money swiped in College Station this fall (although A&M's total defense was slightly worse than Nevada's last year, so maybe I'm being pessimistic........?).
~ My favorite style varies depending on what I've been sipping recently. Right now I'd say it's either saisons or imperial stouts, but it usually runs the gamut of all kinds. Except gluten-free beer. F*** that noise.
~ I love me some SNPA! It was one of my first introductions to craft beer and I come back to it frequently. Stone makes my favorite pale ale overall, but SNPA is in my top five favorites of the style.
~ I'm still fairly new to serious beer exploration and have never had any shipped to my house aside from a housewarming gift I got from a cousin last year. If I ever have the financial means to do so, I'd definitely consider it.
~ Outside of a few posts on the football forum way back when Nevada's game was first announced, I haven't posted here at all.
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g238/masterpayne4568/battleborn_zpsfde03b54.jpg
First Page Last Page
Page 622 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.