Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,679,019 Views | 62662 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Kyle98
No Bat Soup For You
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm having an Enjoy By. It's good but a little disappointing after drinking a Yellow Rose. YR is sooo damn good.
txaggie05
AG
YR is good, but I would drink Enjoy By before it. I don't understand the people that try to compare it to Pliny and the like
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
YR is good, but I would drink Enjoy By before it. I don't understand the people that try to compare it to Pliny and the like

You crazy... YR has better smell, taste and appearance. Those are facts and not just my personal opinion.

Also, I've never had a pliny but if someone wants to hook me up I won't complain.
HulkGrogan
Uh ohhhhh, I'm ripped.

Breakfast stout to kick off day, couple bottles of champagne, Xmas BOMB, some random Karbachs and onto a Hellfighter. A fine day thus far, indeed!

dave99ag
AG
Merry Beermas!

At least I know I can get my hands on this once a year when family visits from Florida.

DaveHimself
AG
Merry Christmas! BCBS for me tonight. Anybody seen Yellow Rose in DFW? Still wanting to try that one.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Yule Shoot Your Eye Out with dinner this evening - not bad. Got BCBCS on deck for dessert.

Merry Christmas y'all!
La Fours
AG
Wine with dinner. I'll drink a YSYEO later.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Merry Christmas! BCBS for me tonight. Anybody seen Yellow Rose in DFW? Still wanting to try that one.

HEB in Burleson said they were getting some on the next release. That won't help you right now bit for future reference...
cpscAG06
AG
Davehimself, las colinas beverage had it two days ago..
gordo97
AG
Enjoying the one and only Pirate Bomb I was able to get. Cheers and Merry Christmas fellas!
DallasAggie2012
AG
Merry Christmas everyone!

Broke open a 2013 Bourbon Barrel Temptress and now am on to some 2014 BCBS. Great night so far!
MattJaxson
AG
Enjoy By and Greenhouse IPA so far. About to crack a BCBS.

Any suggestions on where to get a growler fill in Ft Worth tomorrow? Heading to Wichita Falls to visit Grandma and need some beverages to make it through a weekend in that hell hole.
Jock 07
AG
Merry Christmas from the fam-ol-ee
NoneGiven
AG
What in the world is a lawnmower doing in that mix? Palate cleanser?
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:

Most people still consider Saint Arnolds craft beer. I'd be proud of my friends if they started drinking lawn mower over Bud Light. We're just beer snobs.
Jock 07
AG
quote:

Dad's beer
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
quote:
quote:

Most people still consider Saint Arnolds craft beer. I'd be proud of my friends if they started drinking lawn mower over Bud Light. We're just beer snobs.

Everyone should still consider Saint Arnold craft beer.
NColoradoAG
Had three of these while cleaning. Now on to football and doing nothing.

Jock 07
AG
quote:
Had three of these while cleaning. Now on to football and doing nothing.

Do y'all get the cans up there in the Denver metro? I've only seen Em in the bottles in the springs
NColoradoAG
I have not seen cans here in CO
No Bat Soup For You
AG
There's STILL 3 cases of BCBS at the Burleson HEB. I don't think most people that shop there know what it is.
dave99ag
AG
Sitting at the Wicked Weed brewery in Asheville, NC. Enjoying a Capricious sour... mango, mosaic hops. Delicious!!!
corndog04
AG
Bar we are at has on draft:

Deschutes Abyss
Boneyard Notorious IIIPA
Hair of the Dog Bourbon Matt
Logsdon Oak Aged Bretta
RRBC Supplication

and 15 other goodies for their 8th anniversary.

Thank god for pregnant DD wife
maca1028
Beer and a movie
dave99ag
AG
Nice little haul from Wicked Weed's Funkatorium.

wessimo
AG
I was in Boone NC a couple of days ago and picked up a nice little haul from Peabody's including Wicked Weed and a few BA stouts from NC breweries.
La Fours
AG
quote:

Deschutes Abyss
Boneyard Notorious IIIPA
Logsdon Oak Aged Bretta
RRBC Supplication

Whaaaa?!?!? I need this in my life.
La Fours
AG
Nice Dave.
steve00
AG
Yesterday I had a bottle of Yellow Rose that my dad found in SA. It was really good. Only one bottle in town, so I can't take any home to compare head to head against Sculpin or Blind Pig. I would guess it is in the same ballpark as Sculpin, but a level below Blind Pig.

Today I had YR on tap at Hay Merchant on my way to the airport, and it wasn't nearly as good. It wasn't as crisp and almost tasted like it was on cask, only it wasn't.

It was nice to get some Rodeo Clown again.
jetch17
AG
CollinAB
AG
Got a big-ass bottle of Lagunitas Sucks tonight. So many good DIPAs popping up lately. I had to work at 6 AM this morning, so didn't get to have much of an evening for Christmas. Tonight'll make up for it.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
quote:
Yesterday I had a bottle of Yellow Rose that my dad found in SA. It was really good. Only one bottle in town, so I can't take any home to compare head to head against Sculpin or Blind Pig. I would guess it is in the same ballpark as Sculpin, but a level below Blind Pig.

Today I had YR on tap at Hay Merchant on my way to the airport, and it wasn't nearly as good. It wasn't as crisp and almost tasted like it was on cask, only it wasn't.

It was nice to get some Rodeo Clown again.

That's weird because I had sculpin on tap a couple days ago and it sucked compared to the canned version. I would put Sculpin one or two notches below YR. YR is my absolute favorite beer.

I really want to take a road trip to California with my family so I can try Pliny and then to the NE to possibly get a hold of some heady topper.
corndog04
AG
quote:
quote:

Deschutes Abyss
Boneyard Notorious IIIPA
Logsdon Oak Aged Bretta
RRBC Supplication

Whaaaa?!?!? I need this in my life.

Really cool twist on the seizon Bretta. Thoroughly enjoyed, but the Notorious stole the show. Think I mentioned several pages back, but I preferred Notorious over Pliny the Younger in a blind taste test when I had the chance a couple of years ago. Best IPA I've had.
DallasAggie2012
AG
Supposedly this Fernet Aged Porter from Odell is coming to DFW soon. Anyone had anything like this before? Really intrigued what aging in Fernet barrels will do to the beer. I love me some Fernet too.

http://odellbrewing.com/beer/fernet-aged-porter/
First Page Last Page
Page 586 of 1791

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.