Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

THE BEER THREAD

7,677,016 Views | 62649 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by steve00
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
D&Q just got an assload of Prairie Bomb in. He was letting peeps buy by the case according to my buddy.

Yeah there was a sh*t ton earlier... I grabbed 2 regular and 2 Xmas BOMBs ... He was out of the fresh yellow rose though
jcbaggie04
AG
Holy hell that's right. Today's recruiting news was bad as can be for A&M, but I bet we'll be ok when next season rolls around. Just in case though, I'll drink heavily tonight. Barrel aged legion it is.
steve00
AG
Drinking a Stone Desecrator right now. It's a new black barleywine they just started making. It's pretty great, sI I hope they start bottling it.
steve00
AG
Hit a bar with Blind Pig on tap. Fantastic. I don't know why they stopped bottling it, or stopped distributing the bottles down here, but I think it easily beats Sculpin. And Sculpin is really good.
Echoes97
AG
Houston peeps, my buddy just texted me from 3rd Floor saying they've got Bourbon County Backyard Rye on tap, FYI.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Hub05
AG
quote:
Petrol will have bottles of BCBS Vanilla Rye at the Xmas party 12/23
What are their bottle releases typically like. I have buddy who is not from Houston, but will be in town for the holidays and he was asking me about it. What time will a line form and how much will they mark bottles up?
jetch17
AG
It likely will not be worth it. Literally.
Jock 07
AG
So this showed up here and my cousins husband who lives in Seattle suggested that I give it a shot. Anybody have any experience with it?

jah003
S
quote:
So this showed up here and my cousins husband who lives in Seattle suggested that I give it a shot. Anybody have any experience with it?

http://i.imgur.com/eBMf4mol.jpg

That beer is the tits! Got one in a trade and was thoroughly impressed. Had a similar flavor profile to Sucaba, but I think I liked it better...
La Fours
AG
I've heard good things.
Hub05
AG
I agree that going to petrol probably won't be worth it, but he doesn't want to deal with the **** show only to get the chance to buy a bottle of vanilla and find out it costs $60
CollinAB
AG
Thanks to jegan I finally had some Parabola from this year. *******.
Scriffer
AG
Just found BC Barleywine on tap at Whole Foods Lakewood. I think I like this more than BCBS.

They're doing a tap takeover, so they've also Lolita and Matilda Lambicus on tap along with BCBS and a handful others
The Beer and I
HEB in katy had some special release deal today. Picked up some Bomb and Christmas Bomb along with some Pumpkyn. They had a few other goodies, but nothing too special.
BSD
AG
quote:
I agree that going to petrol probably won't be worth it, but he doesn't want to deal with the **** show only to get the chance to buy a bottle of vanilla and find out it costs $60

A rare Hub sighting!!!

With regards to Petrol release prices, I've only bought one bottle there to-go and that was a Brooklyn Black Ops. I believe I paid around $30-35 when it retails in the $20 area. It is, in fact, a bar so they charge bar prices. I doubt they'll gauge your eyes out but it won't be at the typical release price.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Going to Houston this weekend from Fort Worth. They have anything out right now I can't get up here?
BSD
AG
Fresh Yellow Rose and JK Snorkle at Heb Bunker Hill
jh0400
AG
Jester King Ambree at D&Q
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I always get Yellow Rose when I go.

What's the address of that famous shell station? My uncle in law took me one time but there's no way I'll find it on my own. I think it's over by clear lake?
maca1028
3640 E FM 528 in Friendswood is the address for Nobi Asian Grill which is right next door to the gas station (same building actually) if you are heading down 45 south from houston exit FM 528 and take a right, it's about 4 or 5 miles down on the right
iPanic
AG
Does anyone know if Pliny the Elder can be found as far South as San Diego? I'm going there for New Years and would like to track some down
steve00
AG
Pliny is available in SD. Go to Bottlecraft, Quality Liquor Store or any other fancy beer store and then hope that they just got their weekly delivery within the past hour or so. Most places will limit you to 1-2 bottles, so take someone with you to double your take.

Some of the places will tweet or Instagram when they get their delivery, so following them may help.
Jock 07
AG
quote:
Pliny is available in SD. Go to Bottlecraft, Quality Liquor Store or any other fancy beer store and then hope that they just got their weekly delivery within the past hour or so. Most places will limit you to 1-2 bottles, so take someone with you to double your take.

Some of the places will tweet or Instagram when they get their delivery, so following them may help.
Interesting, that's how it goes in Colorado as well, would have figured that the supply would be much better out there. I have a few spots in town where I know to go. One of them announces that they have it on the Facebook which then proceeds to sell out of it within an hour or so. The other places that don't annouce get it the same day and usually don't run out for a few days, sometimes even a week or so. It's also helpful to know that it hits town on a Thursday.
BSD
AG
quote:
Does anyone know if Pliny the Elder can be found as far South as San Diego? I'm going there for New Years and would like to track some down

Toronado usually had Pliny, and other great beers, on tap. Be sure to hit Societe as well. They have some great beers.
steve00
AG
Most stores that get it get 1 case per week. It used to always be the same day of the week, but recently it is totally random. My home store will always hold 3-5 for me for 1 day because I spend enough money there, but normal customers are on a 1 bottle limit. They sell out within an hour of posting a picture.

Craft & Commerce had Blind Pig on tap last night. Get the TapHunter app to get an idea of what everyone has. It's not always accurate, but I've had pretty good luck. Stone's big restaurant/brewery in Escondido has Pliny on tap a lot, as Stone is the one who distributes for RRBC down here.
62strat
AG
You can go to the Russian River website and they list every account that gets their beer.
Makes it easy to get a list of stores to call and ask about stock.
jetch17
AG
quote:
Fresh Yellow Rose and JK Snorkle at Heb Bunker Hill

Picked up 2 freshies earlier at bunker

steve00
AG
Is Yellow Rose pretty easy to get in Houston? If not, where are the best places to find it?

I keep ordering it online from Specs, then they call me to say it is out of stock.

I sent my dad on a chase for it in SA, and he says that he found the one bottle that was in town. If it's really good, I'd like more than one bottle.
cpscAG06
AG
Popped a Bomb! For the Kyler Murray show
Mustang1
AG
Yellow rose has been in whole foods & central mkt in Houston the last few times I've been in.
jetch17
AG
Yes, easy to find in houston when batches are released
Scriffer
AG
Peticolas Wintervention before the Nutcracker at Bass Hall. My favorite winter release.

Also had the last of the gf's Rogue 7 Hop IPA. That stuff was amazing. Reminded me of why I got into good beer inv the first place.

Combined with the BCBW earlier, this has been a killer Beer Day.
AgEng06
AG
DP
AgEng06
AG
Yellow Rose for me as well
steve00
AG
Thanks for the Yellow Rose info. I'll try to pick some up next week when I'm in Houston.

Has anyone tried barrel aging beer? I barrel age cocktails and straight whiskey with great success, and I love barrel aged beers, so I'm wondering if I can create the same flavors that breweries do by taking their base beers and aging them at home.
First Page Last Page
Page 581 of 1790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.